Desperado

OUATIM was more cheesy than Desperado. :-/

But cheesy in a good way. Desperado was unintenionally cheesy.

Yeah I surpose. Both films have really great aspects to them, Desperado could have done with some OUATIM humour.

yeah while i did enjoy OUATIM’s humour the humour in el mariachi was unique. it was very quirky and it was set against the very serious and “graphic” violence.

I liked El Mariachi the most because it had a main character that you could really care about and had a somewhat believable story.

el mariachi, desperado and once upon a time in mexico are all unique in their own ways. I love the music and script. i heard that QT gave robert rodriguez the idea for the title of OUATIM. i also heard that quentin is into spaghetti western flicks, so, did the title of OUATIM originate from sergio leone’s films like “once upon a time in america” and “once upon a time in the west?”

[quote] i heard that QT gave robert rodriguez the idea for the title of OUATIM.[/quote]

yes

[quote]i also heard that quentin is into spaghetti western flicks[/quote]

yes

[quote]so, did the title of OUATIM originate from sergio leone’s films like “once upon a time in america” and “once upon a time in the west?”[/quote]

yes

[quote]IL_Buono is king[/quote]

and yes

Damn’t you really are king il_buono, but so is QT in desperado.

I take that back, i’m not king. I’m emperor and Quentin’s king.

fine by me, but QT would probably enjoy being Emperor more than king…

As long as I’d get Uma Thurman* i’d be fine with king.

• and Lucy Liu

and Salma Hayek

and Monica Bellucci

and um…Vivica A Fox’s ass

Qt would probably let you have Salma Hayek and Uma thurman, if, he got their feet. He’s got that sick bastard foot fetish. :stuck_out_tongue:

everyone that said they didnt like Desperado, watch El Mariachi. It will fill in some holes…

[quote=“Cherry_Licker”]
DEsperado is a revenge movie, one of the best action movies I think. The opening sequence is the best though…it’s an excellent scene mixed with the sounds of Link Ray’s “JACK THE RIPPER” song with Steve Buscemi’s monologue. Awesome sequence.

Plus Salma Hayek is fucking hot…I wish they would’ve done a better sex scene with her…I hate “lovey” sex scenes with all the dissolves and candle light…stupid and un realistic.
[/quote]

I do believe the song is “Six Blade knife” by Dire Straits and yeah, Salma Hayek is very hot. And I completely agree with the sex scene. I have neve, nor have I ever heard of anyoe having sex like they do in movies.

One of those movies I like very much.

Tarantino as the pick up guy and the guy with all those knives. Perfect.

Tarantino keeps it cool all the time, I don’t think it would be so great if only Rodriguez made it.

Desperado is still my fav in the El Mariachi trilogy but I liked Once Upon A Time in Mexico as well… I could totally see how it could be QT’s brainchild. Very much his style and contrasts with the first two movies.

Hye I loved this film aswell, the best out of the 3(El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon A Time In Mexico), I think QT’s cameo was hilarious too, but I thought it was quite rubbish that he was killed in it.

Man, Tarantino always gets killed even in the Itchy and Scratchy epsode he “directed”. Me and my friends have filmed short bullshit flicks, in two of them I die. It’s damn amusing to see something that if happened in real life you would never see.

Am I the only one who think that the screenplay of Desperado sucks. Yeah, its a good movie, pretty funny, but…you know…its not the best screenplay by RR.

I have the Desperado soundtrack, but I am looking for the artist or song name for the track that plays very briefly in the bathroom scene with tarantino…the scene when they take him back to the secret room and through the crappy toilet??

Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile: