Dennis Hopper

[quote=“G”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]Ah shit, I have to get up to this of all things. It’s sad to me, another of the old greats parting this world and leaving us with who? Never another like Dennis Hopper.[/quote]

I hope Criterion gets off their asses and release Out of the Blue. I can't find a good copy anywhere. Dennis Hopper was the man. Too bad we won't have anymore of him, with all these Disney fucks coming up.[/quote]

That’s one I’ve been wanting to see alot but waiting on because I want a descent copy. Maybe now that he’s gone they’ll put it out soon.

It would tick me off if now that he’s dead they start that critical evaluation bullshit. Cool if he’s appreciated, but still, not after he’s dead!

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“G”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]Ah shit, I have to get up to this of all things. It’s sad to me, another of the old greats parting this world and leaving us with who? Never another like Dennis Hopper.[/quote]

I hope Criterion gets off their asses and release Out of the Blue. I can't find a good copy anywhere. Dennis Hopper was the man. Too bad we won't have anymore of him, with all these Disney fucks coming up.[/quote]

That’s one I’ve been wanting to see alot but waiting on because I want a descent copy. Maybe now that he’s gone they’ll put it out soon.

It would tick me off if now that he’s dead they start that critical evaluation bullshit. Cool if he’s appreciated, but still, not after he’s dead![/quote]

Yeah because Hollywood didn't want him and his drug ways, but now they are sucking up to him with a Hollywood star and all (which was long overdue).

Ah man, the way he held his own against the Deanster in Giant was amazing. He was the man, Dennis was really one of the greatest living actors and now he’s gone…and the role in Land Of The Dead as Kaufman, he turned a small role into a very memorable one.

RIP

there was always critical praise for Hopper, the only problem is the critics that matter aren’t gonna be found in Entertainment Weekly or even on Rotten fucking Tomatoes.

there was plenty of critical evaluation of Out of the Blue in particular. he was one of the best directors and losing this man before he had a chance to just try it again after the shit he was pulled through trying to get his films made is the saddest part to me. i didn’t know him except through his films and Out of the Blue will be bittersweet from now on for me. very shitty day.

Finally hes dead. :laugh:

Very sad.

Anybody check out the Christian Hosoi documentary, narrated by Dennis? It’s sooo good. It’s on netflix instant if you’re able, and totally worth the watch.

A narrated piece I seen Dennis do is the “Seven Ages of Rock” thing where it talks about all things rock, from Bob Dylan to The Velvet Underground to David Bowie to Punk to Nirvana to shit today.

I came home from a great day out and read this… really bummed me out… tremendously. But, the man was suffering, so I guess it’s better than going thru prostate cancer. Shit, I’m still gonna miss ‘quality’ acting. Not much of that around these days. Just a bunch of pretty faces with no substance.

[quote=“roulette67”]I came home from a great day out and read this… really bummed me out… tremendously. But, the man was suffering, so I guess it’s better than going thru prostate cancer. Shit, I’m still gonna miss ‘quality’ acting. Not much of that around these days. Just a bunch of pretty faces with no substance.[/quote]

Amen, sister!