The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Dead nigger storage: family values upheld?

…jimmy’s indignant polemic in reaction to jules and vincent’s request for assistance indicates a vehemently acute belief in the sanctity of marriage; jimmy says he is willing to help his associates out but not if it means the dissolution of his marriage, which he is sure will happen if his wife comes home and sees what’s going on - jimmy’s domestic existence is very, very important to him; jule’s submissive mollification and vincent’s silence as jimmy outlines his position in a most cogent manner tells us that in the world of pulp fiction marriage is a most revered institution…

the truth is a muthafucker…http://www.callumhouston.com

You called? :wink:

And yet QT is not married, is rumored to cheat on his girlfriends, and clearly has a thing for Uma, who is married. I think that it is just a coincidence, bro. You are reading to much into it.

[quote]And yet QT is not married, is rumored to cheat on his girlfriends, and clearly has a thing for Uma, who is married. I think that it is just a coincidence, bro. You are reading to much into it.[/quote]
…don’t get me wrong now, i am not suggesting that jimmie’s perspective necessarily reflects the value system of quentin tarantino, rather it is the coded value system exclusive to the world of ‘pulp fiction’ a seperate entity from quentin tarantino - the real person…

I thought it was because if he got divorced, he’d be on his ass. It wasn’t really about love, but more or less, wanting to keep his current, comfortable lifestyle.

i think jimmie truly didnt want to get divorced. didnt he say “youre not going to make me forget that i love my wife” or something along those lines. so of course he would would be upset about losing his wife and as well as getting thrown out on his ass. but jimmie is jimmie…a character in a movie.

[quote]I thought it was because if he got divorced, he’d be on his ass.  It wasn’t really about love, but more or less, wanting to keep his current, comfortable lifestyle.[/quote]
…perhaps it was all about the lifestyle. and criminal liability. accesorry to murder, no one wants anything to do with a homocide now do they. jimmie had to get jules and vincent out fast and so he decided the bonnie/“love my wife” reasoning (genuine or not) would be the most effective argument to convince them to leave as soon as possible. hell, maybe bonnie was in portland visiting her sister and the whole “graveyard shift at he hospital” (!) testimony was a fabrication. or maybe there was no bonnie at all…

that seems very logical and true.

[quote=“killerinstinct”]
that seems very logical and true.
[/quote]
Yes, it does! :smiley:

What were we talking about btw ???

Jimmie doesn’t want to get divorced because he is a criminal and his wife has enough on him to completely fuck his world if he pisses her off. In addition, she’ll take 50% of everything he owns and leave him for dead. Women…can’t live with them, can’t live without them. ;D

The number one cause of divorce is marriage.

Really? I thought it was impotence. Kilgore knows all about it, don’t you - limp dick motherfucker.

No he used to be Jules’ partner before Vincent.

[quote=“Scarface”]
The number one cause of divorce is marriage.
[/quote]

lol