Day Of The Dead (2007) D-Day is coming -- THIS JUNE!

[quote=“Bleach”]
The trailer sucks terribly, unfortunately. It looks like zombies are a subplot or something
[/quote]

Actually I think the zombies in Romero’s movies serve a similar concept. The true greatness of Romero’s zombie films lies in the fact that zombies are just a part of the picture. In actual fact, they’re just a means to an end. Romero’s films are mainly about the inter-relationships between different people in a time of crisis. The films are essentially a character study. Look at Dawn, or at Day. The real villains in these pictures are not the zombies. The real villains are the bikers (see Dawn) and the military guys (see Day). These movies carry such a subtle but nonetheless strong social message they could easily be studied in any sociology class.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Actually I think the zombies in Romero’s movies serve a similar concept. The true greatness of Romero’s zombie films lies in the fact that zombies are just a part of the picture. In actual fact, they’re just a means to an end. Romero’s films are mainly about the inter-relationships between different people in a time of crisis. The films are essentially a character study. Look at Dawn, or at Day. The real villains in these pictures are not the zombies. The real villains are the bikers (see Dawn) and the military guys (see Day). These movies carry such a subtle but nonetheless strong social message they could easily be studied in any sociology class.
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s right, it’s that I meant it differently - it looks in the trailer that zombies are there “by the way”, they aren’t the main evil being fought, there’s this stupid feeling like they’ve lost all authority. It was a clumsy expression.

In Romero’s they are the main plot, they’re the background, and all the subplots - psychological, political, whatever - they are caused by the rising of the dead. You can actually argue which is the main plot there. But true about the real evil being something else - this theme also appears in Land.

I hope this is better than Land of the Dead.

Im not looking forward to this at all cause i hat when they remake great classic movies nd especially when they remake them and dont remake them for a good purpose. For example if they where gona remake this they should have remade it with George A. Romero’s orginal script not the condensed one for the orignal day but the orignal that he dident have enough money to make so he had to re write the script using less things to make it onthe budgethe had.

[quote=“Jjp”]
Im not looking forward to this at all cause i hat when they remake great classic movies nd especially when they remake them and dont remake them for a good purpose. For example if they where gona remake this they should have remade it with George A. Romero’s orginal script not the condensed one for the orignal day but the orignal that he dident have enough money to make so he had to re write the script using less things to make it onthe budgethe had.
[/quote]They’ve re-written the original and unproduced script for Day Of The Dead, I understand that Romero came in to help for the re-write, which is always a good sign, he’s not being cast out like in the Dawn Of The Dead re-make (Damn that Zach Snyder to hell --300 was spectacular, though.). Gasparilla Island is no more I think. The setting has also been changed, I think the movie takes place in the mountains of Colorado, it’s no longer in Florida.

Oh yeah and what do you think of that quote from the trailer, some army guy reloading and saying: “This is a bad day for being a zombie”.

“Zombie” is forbidden.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Oh yeah and what do you think of that quote from the trailer, some army guy reloading and saying: “This is a bad day for being a zombie”.

“Zombie” is forbidden.
[/quote]Land Of The Dead - Kaufman: “Zombies, man. They creep me out.” Dawn Of The Dead (79) - Peter: “They’ll be more than 1000 zombies, when they get in here”.

[quote=“Bleach”]

“Zombie” is forbidden.
[/quote]Fuck those Shaun Of The Dead guys. Even in Lucio Fulci’s “Zombie”, the word zombie is used many times.

Haha, fuck that

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]I thought the real bad guys in Day, were the ones who manged to escape. Billy, Sarah, and John. Because of their unavailing “research”, about half of their unit were befallen as they gathered the “specimens” for Dr. Logan, who of course was a complete madman, fueled with delusions of making these dead things behave. On the other hand you had Rhodes and his small unit. Rhodes is furious that this certain agenda has no purpose, the world is lost, everyone is dead, so what’s the point of supporting it? That is where these diffrent POVs clash. So in a way there are no villians in Day Of The Dead, in the movie you sort of align yourself to a campaign, I chose Rhodes.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Fuck those Shaun Of The Dead guys. Even in Lucio Fulci’s “Zombie”, the word zombie is used many times.
[/quote]

I haven’t seen Shaun…

zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie

Hey this thing never came out, was it canceled? Nevermind I’ll look it up myself, lazy bastards.

They’re reshooting the damn thing, or at least some scenes. That’s never a good sign! Crap…

I hope the whole movie goes down the drain. why remake such a great film?

^ For real. Looks like straight to dvd crap. And plus wasn’t the original suppose to take place after Dawn of the Dead?

Then why are they having Ving Rhames as a totally different character in Day of the Dead remake than the Dawn of the Dead remake? They are remaking them like they were two different stories. The originals were suppose to follow in order with the same story! This new one sucks! And to top it all off, Nick Cannon is in it! LOL! He is the worse actor ever.

WTF nick cannon. Well the night remake had nothing to do with the dawn remak neither.Event though romero and savini made the night remake.

^ Did you watch this trailer to the Day of the Dead remake? It sucks! Go to the first page of this and go to that link and follow it. It sucks.

[quote=“Jjp”]
I hope the whole movie goes down the drain. why remake such a great film?
[/quote]

It will, I saw the trailer and I hate it already

And to follow what you said Jjp about the Night remake, well I liked it because it wasn’t really a remake in my eyes, it was just a newer, color version to me, because Romero and Savini still did it, and it was exactly like the old version.