The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Day Of The Dead (2007) D-Day is coming -- THIS JUNE!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/trailersThe trailer for the Day Of The Dead remake is here! This film is based on George A. Romero’s original screenplay which was never produced due to budgetary constraints. Now Day of The Dead will be unleashed in its full power, the way it was originally meant to be. This is very exciting for me , the zombie genre makes a comeback in '07 with the pending releases of: RE: Extinction, Planet Terror, the comedy “Zombie Western” , and a 28 Days Later sequel. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/fullcredits#cast CAST LIST.

For those of you not familiar with the original Day Of The Dead screenplay, here’s your chance to read it. It is a great script, perhaps the best zombie script you’ll ever read.http://www.script-o-rama.com/snazzy/dircut.html

The Dawn of the Dead remake sucked and this most probably will… The zombie genre was cool when there was no technology and hi tech cameras and the gore was cheap…

oh yeah, i totally forgot that they re-make this one. i hope it’s good. :police:

Ving Rhames as Capt. Rhodes? And who is this TV. actor cunt they’ve cast as Dr.Logan. Not to mention these studio suits with their “No blue zombies.” shit again. I’m getting really sick of these god damned remake bastardisasions of classic low budget horror films. Just because they slap a big price tag on it with a bunch of stars, and sign some hump of a music-video, or TV. director, and a writer who loosely bases his bullshit on the original script, and calls it his. Doesn’t mean it’s gonna be good.

…'bout daaaaamn time :slight_smile:

Uhh i dont really expect this to be good… '07 comeback my ass Planet terror will be sweet but RE: Extinction

…why…

the comedy “Zombie Western”

WTF

and a 28 Days Later sequel

I didn’t like the original… zombies my ass… they weren’t frightening just violent… seems like the creators weren’t good enough to make classic zombies scary… so they did this…

There’s also Doomsday in production.

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
I didn’t like the original… zombies my ass… they weren’t frightening just violent… seems like the creators weren’t good enough to make classic zombies scary… so they did this…
[/quote]

To an extent I agree, but there’s also the argument about reinvention. No one is forgetting the classic zombie movies, but at the same time we’ve seen them all before. Who wants to see the same thing again and again? Why not have a different type of zombie?

[quote=“Spiros Vondas”]
Ving Rhames as Capt. Rhodes? And who is this TV. actor cunt they’ve cast as Dr.Logan. Not to mention these studio suits with their “No blue zombies.” shit again. I’m getting really sick of these god damned remake bastardisasions of classic low budget horror films. Just because they slap a big price tag on it with a bunch of stars, and sign some hump of a music-video, or TV. director, and a writer who loosely bases his bullshit on the original script, and calls it his. Doesn’t mean it’s gonna be good.
[/quote]They’re not re-making the 1985 Romero version, they’re remaking the original unproduced version, which is far better.

Is this in any way a sequel to Dawn of the Dead 2004?

I dont think so but its gonna be the same old boaring shit… I mean just look at the zombies in the picture… theyre exactly like the zombies in the Dawn of the Dead remake… Hows is this gonna be different than Dawn of the Dead? I mean its impossible to come up with something that excites me when it comes to those zombie movies remakes!!! So cliche, so overdone… Stop ruining George A Romero’s classics!!!

Thanks. Personally, I like the original Dawn of the Dead and remake equally.

[quote=“Pandamar”]
Thanks. Personally, I like the original Dawn of the Dead and remake equally.
[/quote]

Yeah I love them both too, but for totally different reasons. The remake is a cool adrenaline rush from beginning to end. The original is a gloomy horror masterpiece with a very effective socio-economic satire.

[quote=“Pandamar”]
Is this in any way a sequel to Dawn of the Dead 2004?

[/quote]FAQ for

Day of the Dead (2007)

The content of this page was created directly by users and has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff.

Is this a sequel to the 2004 remake of ‘Dawn of the Dead’?

No. This is a stand-alone remake of the original ‘Day of the Dead’ which was a sequel to the original 1978 ‘Dawn of the Dead’. Ving Rhames is in both these remakes but he is playing different characters. The casting of him is purely a marketing ploy to trick people into thinking it is a sequel to the ‘Dawn of the Dead’ remake so the film will make money from both fans of the remake and fans of the original ‘Day of the Dead’. This movie is being made by a different company than the ‘Dawn of the Dead’ remake.

IMDB

[quote=“Naman”]
There’s also Doomsday in production.

To an extent I agree, but there’s also the argument about reinvention. No one is forgetting the classic zombie movies, but at the same time we’ve seen them all before. Who wants to see the same thing again and again? Why not have a different type of zombie?

[/quote]

Yeh they should try new stuff… they should… but really what are these films trying to be violent shocking/ or creepy scary… if they just make a film dedicated in one way rather then trying to have parts in the film that do both… then i might like them more… rather then remaking though… i think the zombie genre has untapped creepy scary potential… i guess id just like to see a few films that develop that…

On the subject of zombie movies in general, World War Z is supposed to come out in 2008.

The trailer sucks terribly, unfortunately. It looks like zombies are a subplot or something, plus they are fast and strong; running and JUMPING (!) is all they do there. Way to fuck up the genre.

I love Day of The Dead for it’s NOT action-based, it’s an analysis of the zombie situation and zombies themselves, it reveals much more than previously known. They don’t scare you by how they look (they look just like humans, more or less injured, unlike most zombie flicks), they scare you with their masses, by how they come slowly but relentlessly and there’s no stopping them. It’s so goddamn original in the way that you can kill zombies, evade them (just walk away), make fun of them, but they will still eventually take over, no matter what you do.

The original trilogy was dark and gloomy, rather depressing. The dead rising was a political problem, discussed on TV, radio and stuff, and the whole concept carries a message. But this remake promises nothing of the original, with its vast budged it sadly looks like it’s gonna be an action-packed unscary piece of shit. Such a shame.

If they’re remaking the unproduced material Romero made, it’s going to be great. I don’t mind any significant changes in the genre, as long as the gore is acceptable. Plus Romero joined the project so I guess its going to be good. It might not. But I hope it does business at the box-office. More $$$ means more zombie flicks!

From IMDB:

The original script, for which George A. Romero couldn’t get budget for, involved the scientists living over-ground in a fortress protected by electrified fences and the military living safely underground. It also involved a small army of trained zombies, and the conclusion to the trilogy more brutal than the current version. This later became the basis of Land of the Dead (2005)

It’s gonna be another Land of The Dead, just less Romero.

CAN wait!!