David Carradine

The WIDESCREEN Shot of David is FANTASTIC!! How do I get a copy? Would love one for myself! Can’t get enough of David Carradine and can’t wait to see more of him in action!

(@

AJCrane

The following is a partial list of David’s appearances. The event name, state (US), date and the URL has been given so you can check out the event in your area.

Chiller Theater, New Jersey, April 25/27

http://www.chillertheatre.com/

Gaithersburg Antique & Collectible Show, Gaithersburg, Maryland, May 16-18

http://www.antiqnet.com/johnsonpromotions

Sci-Fi Expo, Plano Texas, Plano Texas, July 11/13

http://www.hollywoodexpo.com

This is a grea opportunity to ask David some questions regarding Kill Bill.

I’ll have more events listed later.

(@

AJCrane

Speaking of Kill Bill: The latest Issue of Inside Kung Fu is out. David speaks candidly about Kill Bill and in fact, it’sa TWO PARTER! Ican’t produce the article here because it would not be rigth. I could paraphrase parts, but I really think you need to pick up a copy and see for yourself. David shares a story about Rob Moses, his friend and trainer of 20 years. Rob has been training along side David, and I also met Rob when I attended David’s second workshop up at the Omega Institute. Rob is amazing and energetic as you can get. The commirotary between the two is absolutely priceless. Anyway. I suggest you buy a copy of Inside Kung Fu today before they are gone. I can share this much:

David states at the beginning "I have fun these days, when people ask me what I’ve been doing, I say ‘A movie called Kill Bill.’ then I smile and say, ‘I’m Bill.’ Sometimes (depends to whome I’m taking) I say, ‘But don’t try it.’"

This article isn informative and fun. He even describes how Quentin Tarantino physically changed from being slow and over weight to being sli, and fast as lightning. If you really want to read thie full article, pick up the May Issue then get the June. It’s a two parter after all. Enjoy!

(@

AJCrane

[quote]Speaking of Kill Bill:  The latest Issue of Inside Kung Fu is out.  David speaks candidly about Kill Bill and in fact, it’sa TWO PARTER! [/quote]

I think that rumor was already cleared up. Its not going to be 2 separate films.

The ARTICLE that David wrote is a two parter (not the movie). The first article deals with the training for the movie. The second is going to deal with the shoot. David Carradine is sharing his perspective on the making of this film. And having a lot of fun doing it.

(@

AJCrane

The new images of David are fantastic. The wide screen of the rehearsal shot is great. You can really see that David had been working out. I have not seen that much muscle definition on him for a long time. I also loved the ones of him playing his flute. It’s great to see that little touch. Many who are David Carradine fans will get the reference to Kung Fu, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, and even those who have seen his little known film, Circle of Iron. The flute has become one of David Carradine’s trademarks, and it’s great to see that QT allowed David to play his flute in the movie.

(@

AJCrane

The first pic of David yelling with the sword is totally badass!!! I also like the pics of him with Uma and the ones with the Silent flute.

The last pic of him in the dark must be the famous “Peter and The Wolf” scene when he narrates the story of Pai Mei with the Silent flute. :slight_smile:

I hope that QT got the Shaw Brothers footage for that scene!!!

Actually, that flute is too short for it to be the “Silent” Flute. The “silent” flutes were at least four feet long. Little known trivia fact. David made all the flutes in the “Silent Flute” (Circle of Iron) movie. He was taught by one of his guest stars from the original Kung Fu show. David talks about it in his autobiography "Endless Highway."

Those long flutes he used them not only as a walking staff (because one of the characters he played was a blind man) and as a weapon in the movie. There is a wonderful scene of David using the long flute staff to fend off several attackers. He barely moves in that scene and yet, he was quite effective. In Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, you see “Caine” in a flasback scene with his young son Peter in front of an open fire. Caine is actually sitting there making a long flute.

The flute that you see him playing in Kill Bill is probably one of the flutes that he used in Kung Fu or Kung Fu: The Legend Continues which David woud play from time to time on the show(s).

(@

AJCrane

[quote]Actually, that flute is too short for it to be the “Silent” Flute.  The “silent” flutes were at least four feet long.  Little known trivia fact.  David made all the flutes in the “Silent Flute” (Circle of Iron) movie. [/quote]

“…What FLUTE? Well it turns out that David brought along the CIRCLE OF IRON Silent Flute. That’s right, Bill will have the Silent Flute in the film. And he uses his flute to help tell the story “Peter and the Wolf” fashion. How cool is that? Now, as the story goes, back before CIRCLE OF IRON started filming, David planted the bamboo plants, let them grow, harvested the bamboo, dried it out, treated it and turned them into the silent flutes. There were three Silent Flutes, and they all got banged up to hell, given the amount of head banging and ass bruising they caused, and on most days they will rarely give out a note, but on the night of the Campfire The flute treated David and the crew to a rare sonata of a performance.”

• Harry Knowles on the Kill Bill set.

For the campfire scene certainly I can believe it. Though it’s hard to tell the length of the flute from the image that is given. It’s a close-up. The one image I was referring to was of him sitting on the bench. That one obviously is not the silent flute. Perhaps he brought two with, the silent flute, and the one he used from KF:TLC. Each one then played a part in difference scenes. David did mention in his book, the best of the three flutes did break durng the filming of Circle of Iron. And that he still had one of them. Still it is a treat to see David playing these flutes, and even more of a treat to hear them.

(@

AJCrane

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In “Countdown,” the episode of ABC’s spy

melodrama “Alias” airing Sunday, April 27, at 9 p.m. ET, Sloane (Ron

Rifkin), the former head of evil espionage agency SD-6, heads to Nepal to receive a life-changing revelation from a mysterious monk, concerning his quest for the artifacts of the 15th-century prophet Rambaldi.

To likely no one’s surprise, “Kung Fu” star David Carradine plays that

monk, oddly named Conrad.

“Well, they needed [a monk],” says Carradine, “and I’m almost the only game in town for that. I think it would be interesting if fans didn’t know about it until it happened, but how do we get them to watch it except to tell them it is going to happen?”

Coincidentally, Carradine just finished shooting the feature film “Kill Bill” with director Quentin Tarantino, who has been a guest star on “Alias.”

“He did two of them,” Carradine says. “They told me about it. I haven’t actually talked to [Tarantino] about it. This came up after the picture was wrapped, and Quentin is almost incommunicado right now, because he’s buried in his editing.”

Asked if he watched “Alias” – which stars Jennifer Garner as beautiful spy Sydney Bristow, who used to be a double agent at SD-6 and now works solely for the CIA – Carradine says, “I don’t watch much television, and I fell into ‘Alias’ accidentally a couple of months ago in passing. I went, ‘What the hell is this?’ When I found out I was going to do one … I got a hold of JJ [Abrams], who’s the executive producer, and I said, ‘Look, could you give me a couple of segments?’”

“And so he gave me the pilot and one that he thought was really interesting in the middle. I think he gave that one to me because it kind of related to the one that I did.”

“So I made sure to watch – not just because I wanted to get to know the series or just because I wanted to know what I was doing – but because I wanted to get the feeling that it was a series that I watched, and I was just so happy to be in it and now, as a fan, I’ve been brought into this fantasy world that I’ve been interested in.”

“This was the exercise that I gave myself, and it worked pretty good. There I was, I knew what was going on, and it just felt so delicious that I actually possessed secrets that the people in the show, when you watch them, don’t have.”

Unfortunately, Carradine didn’t get to work with most of the show’s cast, but he did have a unique experience with Rifkin.

“I got to look at Ron Rifkin and watch him cry all day long. He didn’t cry for the entire day, but in virtually every shot we did, there’s this moment we come around to again where a tear comes to his eye. Watching him produce that tear, maybe 30 times in a day, was a remarkable feat of acting. And it helped me a lot.”

“It’s a very emotional show. It’s not just shoot 'em ups and intrigues and stuff like that. Basically, what this show’s about is love and lost love and loyalties and betrayals and all of these really deep emotions that go on. It’s the ties that bind, and the fact that there’s more going on than we can possibly realize, and I know that’s true.”

Carradine also became a fan of Abrams’. “He reminds me of a pint-sized Quentin Tarantino. There’s that same boundless enthusiasm and total knowledge of film.”

As to whether Conrad might return to “Alias,” Carradine says, “You know, they haven’t told me. It’s entirely possible. At least they didn’t kill me. This guy, he knows more about Rambaldi and all of that than anybody. He’s the guy that set Sloane on his quest in the first place, though Sloane is really pissed when he shows up.”

“I sent him off on a kind of new quest, which I won’t spoil everything by telling you about. He also needs to know that it wasn’t all in vain. This is kind of a cliffhanger. It’s going to be interesting, not to say that every damn segment of the thing isn’t pretty damn interesting.”

Picked up my June issue of Inside Kung Fu. David shares more about Kill Bill, this time sharing stories about QT, Uma Thurma, Michael Jai White, and Gordon Wu. If you have not picked up your copy yet, best get it today. There’s more to come in the next issue.

(@

AJCrane

Vote for your favorite MALE celebrity. I just added David Carradine’s name to the list. Let’s see if we can’t get his name up there a little bit higher thanthe rest. It would be nice to see his name above or below Chris Potter’s name (the number Two guy). Chris played David’s son in Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. It would be fitting to see “Father and Son” reunited as the two favorite celebrities for this year.

freevote.com - This website is for sale! - freevote Resources and Information.

(@

AJCrane

the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine (only in germany i think) has a very interesting article on David Carradine. I bought it today. i will probably put a translation online

I’d love to read that. This article appeared at the end of June on Talk Entertainment.

‘Kung Fu’ Carradine

kicked by ex

By LEO STANDORA

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Former “Kung Fu” star David Carradine’s ex-wife socked him with a legal karate chop that his lawyer said was way below the belt.

Marina Carradine alleged in a Los Angeles Superior Court declaration that the offbeat actor engages in “abhorrent and deviant sexual behavior, which is potential deadly,” according to TheSmokingGun.com.

She also accuses her 66-year-old ex of being in an “incestuous relationship with a very close family member,” the Web report said. David Carradine’s lawyer Vickie Roberts called the allegations "highly inflammatory and false.

Marina Carradine’s dirt-dishing stems from a running battle with her husband over financial terms of their 2001 divorce agreement. After he ridiculed her acting career and rejected her contention that she was instrumental in landing him a possibly career-resurrecting role in Quentin Tarantino’s much-anticipated new film, “Kill Bill,” she struck back.

The 50-year-old actress also alleged in her declaration that Carradine ignored her advice “to get counseling” and instead “continued to denigrate me in public, touching me inappropriately and wanting me to ‘flash’ the public with my top off.”

She also said Carradine suffered from a “snowballing intensity of temper tantrums” in which he broke furniture, threw things and physically abused her.

Carradine has a long history of alcohol abuse, arrests and bizarre behavior. He once trashed a neighbor’s home while naked. Marina Carradine, who’s been in 19 movies and numerous TV shows, met him in 1993 while appearing with him in several episodes of the TV series “Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.” They were married for four years.

Originally published on June 28, 2003

It’s not a very nice article, but we all know how David Carradine got the part of Bill. His ex-wife wasn’t invovled. I think she just wants to grab a piece of the pie if David makes it big and Kill Bill becomes a blockbuster movie. Some people will do anything out of greed and jealousy, including making false accusations that just aren’t true. I know David. He’s not that kind of person. He’s got too much self respect to involve himself in that kind of thing.

(@

AJCrane

ok I uploaded that amazing Rolling Stone mag article about Carradine now. Check out the news site. I posted the translation of the article. And a QT interview

I would like to hear from people of their experience of talking with David Carradine if you are planning on going to the Comic Con Convention. Please email me through my website at:

http://www.joaquinfamily.net/

I now have a David Caradine link on my website and one of the sections is for Fans where they can share their stories. There is also a list of aother shows and conventions that David will be appearing.

I am also the moderator for the David Carradine Yahoo Fanclub site.

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

You can also post your stories there as well. Sharing your stories and experiences with other fans helps to show your support for David.

(@

AJCrane 8)

Domain Registered at Safenames

David Carradine and Michael Jai White Will be at the SciFic Expo this weekend. They will be answering questions about Kill Bill. You can get a complete list of David’s appearances on my website. The link to my site is located in the previous post. I now have images up there as well.

(@

AJCrane

I’ve createda new David Carradine Fan Club Site on Yahoo. There had been a previous site by someone else, but the owner deleted the site for reasons unknown. I created this site so fans could share their stories, news, tidbits, and photos. Enjoy

AJCrane

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

I almost forgot. David Carradine is down in Atlanta, GA at Dragon Con this weekend. If you are in the area, please drop in and see him. This is a great opportunity to ask him about Kill Bill. Michael Jai White is with him. They are scheduled for a 10:00 Am talk. Here is an opporunity that you should mot miss out.

(@

AJCrane