The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

David Carradine aka BILL (1936-2009)

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Bio, dude. Can you not post in this particular thread again? You may not have cared much about David Carradine, but a lot of us did, and want to respect his memory.
[/quote]

Well I’m scratching out Geoi’s X-Mas present from my shopping list! No cup cake oven maker for you this December, missy!

Dude, you’re kinda hurting my feelings by being so comic about this shit. It’s like, just wayyy too soon for this sort of behaviour. I mean, the news of David’s death really hit me hard, and I’d appreciate it if you could take this seriously, and not try to cheapen it. It’s a thread about the death of a man whom I loved and admired. Respect, dude, respect.

My tattoo of the devil from Bill’s Hanzo sword means more to me now…I just can’t freaking believe this…

Dude, you’re kinda hurting my feelings by being so comic about this shit. It’s like, just wayyy too soon for this sort of behaviour. I mean, the news of David’s death really hit me hard, and I’d appreciate it if you could take this seriously, and not try to cheapen it. It’s a thread about the death of a man whom I loved and admired. Respect, dude, respect.
[/quote]

Ditto. There’s a place for everything. I like you and ain’t mad about it or anything like that, but please be a little more sensitive about the subject. I’m really broken up by this event. Life is a fragile thing.

OK, that’s three of us told him.

Now on to more important matters…

We only have the family and his manager throwing out things like his hands were tied behind his back. The police are saying there was no sign of foul play… but Thai police might not want to draw any attention to anything else.

Now the family want the FBI to investigate.

I want the FBI to investigate also! The death of an American citizen should be investigated by Americans, no matter where it happens. I don’t trust the Thai “police” one bit on this.

"Col. Somprasong Yenthuam, who is heading the investigation, said police have interviewed all staff at the hotel where Carradine was staying and reviewed surveillance footage outside his room. Based on that, they have found no evidence that anyone was in Carradine’s room before he died which they said all but ruled out foul play".

I think the agent and the family are doing more harm by speaking to the press with their wild theories. It looks like David died through his own carelessness, not through murder.

It’s almost like Chuck would rather people assumed David was murdered than [what appears to be] the real story.

Well of course noone wants to admit its from some weird sexual fetish gone wrong. Its embarassing. But if thats what happened, they should just say it.

[quote=“Pete”]
Well of course noone wants to admit its from some weird sexual fetish gone wrong. Its embarassing. But if thats what happened, they should just say it.
[/quote]

I just read that due to respect for the family members, no further details are currently made public.

I want the FBI to investigate also! The death of an American citizen should be investigated by Americans, no matter where it happens. I don’t trust the Thai “police” one bit on this.
[/quote]

when you go to another country you’re no longer as priveledged as you are here in the US. Remember that kid they caned in Singapore? He got what he had coming to him. The FBI has not business going to Thailand sticking their noses into the Thai police business. Sometimes shit happens and there’s nothing you can do about it.

[/quote]

I’m a page late, but quoted for truth.

I read earlier today that his family are going to take action against a paper in Thailand that printed a photo of David’s dead body hanging there in the wardrobe. Do these people have no decency?

I should think they should. Dirty Thai basterds.

Although, having seen the pic… his hands were not tied around his back. Like Chuck and the family were saying.

[quote=“Colonel Trout - the big stick”]
when you go to another country you’re no longer as priveledged as you are here in the US. Remember that kid they caned in Singapore? He got what he had coming to him. The FBI has not business going to Thailand sticking their noses into the Thai police business. Sometimes shit happens and there’s nothing you can do about it.
[/quote]

I saw an episode of Bones where Booth and Bones went to England to investigate the death of an American citizen.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
Although, having seen the pic… his hands were not tied around his back. Like Chuck and the family were saying.[/quote]

Aren’t they tied above his head?

Fuck this is horrible :frowning:

I saw an episode of Bones where Booth and Bones went to England to investigate the death of an American citizen.
[/quote]

T.V. knows all! But really, it does come down to the American police services can’t do anything in this case unless they really, really want to or the family convinces them. Unfortunately, if you die in a foreign country and one like Thailand in particular, your family back home is never gonna know what really happened. It’s sad.

Yeah, but this is David Carradine, not some random ock.

So the family has some pull but I’m thinking the Thai police see this as an opportunity to milk the spotlight.

[quote=“F.W.”]
So the family has some pull but I’m thinking the Thai police see this as an opportunity to milk the spotlight.
[/quote]

That’s sounds absolutely terrible. Could forbid it’s them trying to “milk the spotlight” and it’s just the press being their usual dick selves.