The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

David Carradine aka BILL (1936-2009)

You only have to read that diary to see how tight they all were.

Obvious but necessary warning: Don’t go anywhere near his imdb page right now :frowning:

My manager told me while I was working, cuz he knew how much I love Tarantino’s work. What a horrible feeling I had the rest of the day. RIP David “Bill”, we will all miss you!

Suicide or not, no one should feel humiliated. David led a interesting and compelling life. Through his art he has inspired, and had an effect on maybe millions of people. That’s more than almost anyone can say about themselves in their final moments. If he did die of some kind of compulsion, whether accidental or not, it doesn’t matter. Might make for cannon fodder for comics, and commentators, but in the end one single act cant diminish the man’s contribution to the human race.

Nothing wrong with suicide either. Like Hunter S. Thompson, sometimes you just want to go out on your own terms.

[quote=“Dutch_Masta”]
Suicide or not, no one should feel humiliated. David led a interesting and compelling life. Through his art he has inspired, and had an effect on maybe millions of people. That’s more than almost anyone can say about themselves in their final moments. If he did die of some kind of compulsion, whether accidental or not, it doesn’t matter. Might make for cannon fodder for comics, and commentators, but in the end one single act cant diminish the man’s contribution to the human race.

Nothing wrong with suicide either. Like Hunter S. Thompson, sometimes you just want to go out on your own terms.
[/quote]

best post of the thread. Carradine was a legend. Anyone who talks shit is a dick.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
what a sad day.

couldn’t find words even, so just posted his picture. if anyone can come up with a good tarantino.info-style obituary paragraph please shoot me an email (not a PM)
[/quote]

Just post a Tarantino statement whenever he does one.

Quentin Tarantino on Larry King Live 2night to talk about the passing of his good friend David Carradine…CNN- 9 EST, 8 CST

What CNN channel?! There are so many!

I knew QT would make a public statement. They’ll probably be 15 other people on the show as welll not just QT but I’m sure QT will talk the most :angel:

[quote=“Dutch_Masta”]
Suicide or not, no one should feel humiliated.[/quote]

It wasn’t suicide, it was an act of reckless behaviour - however. It takes nothing away from the sheer sadness of his passing.

There. We agree, but choose to put it in different words.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
It wasn’t suicide, it was an act of reckless behaviour - however. It takes nothing away from the sheer sadness of his passing.

There. We agree, but choose to put it in different words.
[/quote]

This might seem weird, but isn’t that compulsion you mentioned not as rare as some people think? I remember hearing about it in high school, and people talking about kids dying in a similar fashion. I just thought it was weird.

I also collect LP Records compulsively. Unfortunately, more people probably die from compulsions like mine when they collect so many that the stacks fall and kill you. I own close to 7000 LP’s. And no they are not categorized, and yes they are stacked in the garage very poorly.

OMG I can’t believe he killed himself

It wasn’t intentional. :frowning:

Watching CNN. Manager seems to think there was foul play. No one believes this guy would kill himself. Either way, it’s a sad, sad day for me. He was and will always be an ICON !!! :’(

i’m really wrecked because of this :frowning:

Kung-Fu to me growing up was like ‘pure magic’. I was mesmerized. Carradine will always hold a special place for me in my memories as a child and as an adult (via Kill Bill).

I just had to add this, so much wisdom in one person. Incredible. I’m floored.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
i’m really wrecked because of this :frowning:
[/quote]

I’m with you man. It’s devastating.

Just finished watching it. Nice little memorial, wish it could have gone on for a few hours there’s so much to talk about. When QT pulled out the Kung-Fu lunch box I started to cry.

Suicide, I really don’t wanna believe it. When I first heard the news this morning (what a way to start a day) I was absolutely fucked. Went right back to bed and spent the whole day avoiding any news. I never thought I would be affected this way.

If you havn’t read his autobiography your missing out. He really has lived a fucking life and it’s a terrific piece of writing.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
When QT pulled out the Kung-Fu lunch box I started to cry.
[/quote]

Loved Madsen’s “WTF?” reaction when QT whipped that out.

It was heart-breaking to see Rob Schneider choke up at the very end. And I was in chills when they had the split-screen of QT while he was watching David do the Superman speech.

I’m convinced. Foul Play.