The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

David Carradine aka BILL (1936-2009)

Either way, suicide isnt a good thing to do. I still feel bad no matter what. Its just sucks David had to leave that way.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
As a woman, if my other half killed himself whilst trying to find a new way of reaching an orgasm, and then had to tell our children, that, that is what happened… of course, one would find it humiliating! On her behalf and on his own.
[/quote]

well, it’s embarrassing, and stupid. but humiliating, i’m not so sure. i don’t think they had kids together. and in kill bill diary, david carradine keeps writing about how they fuck all the time. maybe he even did this during a phone sex session with her! who knows? i hope i’ll still have this kind of mojo when i’ll be 72. ahahah (i’m laughing but i’m still sad)

Annie’s children are young and when she and David exchanged vows, he made a vow to be their daddy.

Also, Pete… it doesn’t look an awful lot like suicide. :frowning:

72 yrs old. He was nearly at the finish line! Why would you live that long and then kill yourself…doesn’t make any sense. I’d like to think some bastard hanged him…that way he’ll have died respectfully with honor.

Like Cyd said, if it’s true what’s being reported, then it wasn’t suicide, but a tragic accident.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
Also, Pete… it doesn’t look an awful lot like suicide. :frowning:
[/quote]

at least it means he died happy, and not depressed or miserable.

But he died before his time… and through his own carelessness. I doubt he was smiling, when he realised it had gone wrong.

true. what a moronic way to die.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
But he died before his time… and through his own carelessness. I doubt he was smiling, when he realised it had gone wrong.
[/quote]

You people don’t even know the facts other than it happened in a third-world country. He was found in a closet with a rope around his neck. He could have had terminal cancer, been totally scared of getting old, or possibly murdered. The notion that it was soloeroticasphyxiation is purely speculation…and rude at this moment in time.

You’re right.

But the police have said no one else was involved. His agent said it was totally unexpected and according to realiable sources, he had rope tied round his John-Thomas…

But until we get Elvis like photographs in the Enquierer, I’ll reserve judgement.

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
Sebastian, I made this on behalf of all the QT fans here. As a sign of our appreciation of this man, and what he brought to a truly brilliant film. If you wish to use it on the front page, you my blessing.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4641/98464847.jpg
[/quote]

Great job.

Gonna pop in the Craig Kilborne interview tonight. :’(

just heard the news…damn…RIP David

i also read his Kill Bill Diary, feel like i know him a little better through it

[quote=“Cyd Novak”]
You’re right.

But the police have said no one else was involved. His agent said it was totally unexpected and according to realiable sources, he had rope tied round his John-Thomas…

But until we get Elvis like photographs in the Enquierer, I’ll reserve judgement.
[/quote]

the police (let me remind you that you’re dealing with a third world country) have said there was no sign of forced entry. They don’t know who was involved YET>

We’ll probably never know what happened. In realilty, it’s really none of our business.

[quote=“Pete”]
Either way, suicide isnt a good thing to do. I still feel bad no matter what. Its just sucks David had to leave that way.
[/quote]

+1

what a sad day.

couldn’t find words even, so just posted his picture. if anyone can come up with a good tarantino.info-style obituary paragraph please shoot me an email (not a PM)

I heard this on the news at work and I cried a little. He was such a cool, weird old dude. I can’t imagine it being suicide.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
I heard this on the news at work and I cried a little. He was such a cool, weird old dude. I can’t imagine it being suicide.
[/quote]
definitely.

I’m showing my age here: I remember being a little boy watching Kung Fu with my Grandfather thinking he was the coolest.

RIP "Grasshopper"

Here’s what the CNN article says:

Carradine’s legacy will probably be the “Kill Bill” movies and the “Kung Fu” series, Rozen said.

The “Kill Bill” casting was particularly smart, she added.

“Tarantino was tapping into his just natural coolness, but more to the point, Tarantino was playing off that he still had this whole following from the ‘Kung Fu’ TV series,” Rozen said. Watch Carradine talk about his ‘Kung Fu’ role »

Carradine, who was married five times and divorced four, is survived by his widow, Annie Bierman, according to People magazine.

Carradine was part of an acting dynasty. He was the son of actor John Carradine, a character actor who had appeared in hundreds of films, plays and television episodes. David Carradine also acted with his brothers Keith and Robert.

“David’s career as an artist did not begin on the stage, though some of his early career was on and off Broadway. His earliest work was as a sculptor and painter,” Carradine’s official Web site says

Damn shame, he was a great actor, he made Bill.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
what a sad day.

couldn’t find words even, so just posted his picture. if anyone can come up with a good tarantino.info-style obituary paragraph please shoot me an email (not a PM)
[/quote]

Well, I posted a pic for the front page, but you chose to use a smaller one. Nevermind.

This is so upsetting :frowning:

I bet Tarantino’s floored. I think he was kind of a father figure to him for awhile…