The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Cool movies?

Could any one recommend to me soft/cool movies in the same style as The Big Lebowski or Dazed & Confused? you know when you are just relaxing with calming substances and want to see something that wont annoy you e.g. Blow, its a great movie but you just get pissed because everyone keeps fucking with Depp!

drugs are for losers.

Try Chungking Express and Kikujiro no natsu for awesome and also somewhat relaxing movies.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
drugs are for losers.

[/quote]

Not true. But addiction is.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Not true. But addiction is.[/quote]Nah, pretty much both are. Drinking too if you ask me :police:

American Graffiti is pretty relaxed, so are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (sp?) and Office Space too. Those seem in the same type category.

Thanks for the advices everyone! will check the movies out!

And I dont really want to start some big argument or a flame war but saying things like drugs are for losers(wich must mean Tarantino is a loser I guess :/) is only unnecessary because I dont really give a shit about that you know. If you try and make me feel bad or something then you just fail. I think there are alot more losers in this world who doesnt do drugs. I mean just look at people who are Larping or these big nerds who deosnt dare to do anything that could be considerd bad or a bunch of brainwashed cultists. They are way bigger losers IMHO :stuck_out_tongue:

Now the reason why I wrote it the way I wrote was so I could get the same type of minded people to respons wich I thought I would find here since there are some pretty cool members here! but maybe I was wrong and should continue my search some else where. :frowning:

You’ve got the ultimate and best film there anyway, Dazed and Confused… followed by The Big Lebowski.

[quote=“kill olle”]
Thanks for the advices everyone! will check the movies out!

And I dont really want to start some big argument or a flame war but saying things like drugs are for losers(wich must mean Tarantino is a loser I guess :/) is only unnecessary because I dont really give a shit about that you know. If you try and make me feel bad or something then you just fail. I think there are alot more losers in this world who doesnt do drugs. I mean just look at people who are Larping or these big nerds who deosnt dare to do anything that could be considerd bad or a bunch of brainwashed cultists. They are way bigger losers IMHO :stuck_out_tongue:

Now the reason why I wrote it the way I wrote was so I could get the same type of minded people to respons wich I thought I would find here since there are some pretty cool members here! but maybe I was wrong and should continue my search some else where. :frowning:
[/quote]

The only reason why people say drugs are for losers is because they don’t dare try them themselves, and have to put down those that did. Most of the greatest music icons of the last centuries have been druggies. You probably wouldn’t have some of the greatest rock albums of all time if it weren’t for drugs. Now addiction is a different matter, but addiction comes in many forms other than drugs. :slight_smile:

Sorry for going off topic, but I had to vent. I don’t like when people pass judgement on other people they don’t even know.

killolle, try watching Up In Smoke if you haven’t already. :wink:

Indeed. I try to smoke as much marijuana as the law allows ;D

has anyone seen The Player with Tim Robbins?

The very first seen is about 6 minutes long - it is a tracking shot. Probably the best tracking shot that I’ve ever seen.