jeunet

others…

Fellini

Bergman

Kurasawa

Fassbinder

Pasolino

Greenaway

These are the guys to learn from and enjoy while doing it. Scorcese, Tarantino, Lee are on their way

to be added to my list.

DAVID LYNCH!!!

In no order: Scorsese, Woody Allen, Tarantino, Coppola, Kubrick, Joel Coen, Sydney Lumet, and not yet, he hasent been around long enough, but, P.T. Anderson.

Quentin Tarantino(Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown)

Sergio Leone(The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Once Upon A Time In America)

Akira Kurosawa(Seven Samurai, Ran, Ikiru, Stray Dog, Kagemusha)

Martin Scorsese(Raging Bull, GoodFellas, Taxi Driver, New York New York)

Francis Ford-Coppola(The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Apocalypse Now)

Stanley Kubrick(2001:a space odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, Lolita)

Federico Fellini(La Dolce Vita, Roma, 8 1/2, La Strada)

George Romero(Dawn Of The Dead, Creepshow, Day Of The Dead, Land Of The Dead)

Brian De Palma(Carrie, Scarface, Carlito’s Way, Dressed To Kill)

Steven Spielberg(Schindler’s List, Minority Report, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, A.I. Artificial Intelligence)

Sam Peckinpah(Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia, The Wild Bunch, and The Getaway)

Dario Argento(Deep Red, Suspiria)

Wong Kar Wai(Happy Together, Chungking Express, In The Mood For Love)

Samuel Fuller(The Big Red One)

Sergio Leone

Alfred Hitchcock

Wes Craven

George A. Romero

Oliver Stone

De Palma

All I think of at the moment

Oh yeah how could I forget the Coen Bothers(millers crossing, blood simple)

Where the hell is French New Wave director Francois Truffaut? FARENHEIT 451, ANYONE? He’s influenced greatly (and I know Wes has said this) Tarantino and Wes Anderson.

I believe 400 blows was by Trauffaut, anyway that movie had a great story Im hoping to see more by him.

Great Classic Directors (whom I also like) are:

• Sergio Leone(I’ve seen all his movies except The Collosus of Rode and they’re amazing, Once Upon a Time in the West is his best and deciding which film is his second is impossible. For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Duck you Sucker(great title despite what everyone says) are all incredible. And both Once Upon a Time in America and A Fistfull of Dollars are great movies.

• Stanley Kubrick(I’ve only seen 2001 once and have to see it again before I give my final opinion. But his best movie is Full Metal Jacket, quickly followed by the Shining. Spartacus was a great epic film but isn’t a typical Kubrick film. A Clockwork orange was great but a little dissapointment after The Shining and FMJ)

-Martin Scorcese(Have to see much of his movies again(or for the first time). I saw Raging Bull in the cinema a couple of weeks ago and it’s by far his best movie.)

• Francis Ford Coppola(Made some great movies, everyone says he made some shitty movies as well but I succesfully trie not to see them, Appocalypse now, The Godfather(Part I, II, and III), The Conversation, alle great movies.).

• Alfred Hitchcock(Psycho is his best movie by far. I also saw one of his early movies called Blackmail(an experience that made me make promise myself not to see another of his earlier films). Strangers on a Train and Dial M for Murder where ok but I didn’t like the Birds very much: it’s supposed to be one of his masterpieces but it’s not. Rear Window, Vertigo and North By Northwest are also very good.)

• Jean Luc Godard(Only saw three of his movies and I didn’t even thought they were all great but they did had some great memorable scenes and things in it)

Scorcese

Kuro-fuckin’-sawa

Lynch

Leone

Ford Coppola

Hitchcock

Kubbyrick

If you want me to give a reason to you for why I picked any of those directors, kill yourself immediately.

-Coen Bros.

-Kubrick

-Kurosawa

-Hitchcock

-Oliver Stone

-Scorcese

-Leone

-Peckinpah

John Huges

Any movie from John Huges is worth the watch.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
John Huges

Any movie from John Huges is worth the watch.
[/quote]
He’s a movie god

My classic direxctors would be

1. Oliver Stone
  2. Steven Spielberg
  3. Ridley Scott
  4. Martin Scorsese
  5. The Coen Brothers
  6. John Carpenter
  7. Spike Lee