Characters that remind you of other QT characters

Which QT characters do the Kill Bill characters remind you of?

The Bride

I don’t think it was QT’s aim to make the bride’s personality different in each chapter depending on its style. I think that there are two distinct personalities that The Bride has. Arlene, who is both the ditzy liar and the brand-new assassin under Bill, as seen in Man From Okinawa, Massacre at Two Pines, and the beginning of the Pai Mei chapter. Then there’s Beatrix, the cold-blooded assassin in all the other chapters. I think that Face to Face, however, features a sort of fusion between the two. Arlene isn’t just her fake personality, but the bride before she became an assassin. She’s Beatrix in this chapter, but her maternal instincts give her more of a “normal” personality.

So

Beatrix reminds me of Jules (when they’re not yelling), Marsellus (in the way they use metaphor and dramatic exaggeration in their comments), Nice Guy Eddie (in the “why don’t you tell me what really happened” scene), and Jackie Brown just in her attitude. Beatrix the narrator reminds me of Mia talking about Raven McCoy’s backstory in Fox Force Five. The scene where she’s “interrogating” Buck reminds me of Butch beating up on Marsellus in the pawn shop.

Arlene reminds me of Mia, and that’s about it.

The combination of the two in Face to Face remind me of Marsellus, Jackie Brown, Mr. Orange, and Mia.

O-Ren reminds me of Jules (when they’re yelling), Marsellus (again, in her overdramatic demeanor and slow delivery) and Joe Cabot (the “swords however, never get tired,” and the “so you like to laugh and kid around, like a bunch of broads” strike me as similar).

Vernita reminds me of Jules and Jackie Brown in attitude, and Mia in the way she uses stupid, irrelevant metaphors to get her point across (“if I could go back in a machine…”)

Budd reminds me of Mr. Blonde, Mr. White, and Butch

Elle reminds me of Ordell (in the deleted scene where he takes Louis to the bar Jackie introduced to him, he acts like it was his own find. I find similarities in it to her snake monologue), and Mr. Pink (in the way they view both of their lives of crime as careers)

Bill reminds me of Marsellus in all of Volume 1. In volume 2, he reminds me of Mia, Mr. White, Mr. Pink, and Ordell (I wouldn’t be surprised if the superman/spider-man observation wasn’t originally his own).

So who do the Kill Bill characters remind you of?

Is this topic, unlike 3-page discussions about Onitsuka Tigers, not interesting enough to post in?

[quote]Is this topic, unlike 3-page discussions about Onitsuka Tigers, not interesting enough to post in?[/quote]

thats what i wonder, too. that’s why from now on this topic is back on top again. lets hope for sensible contributions

Lance in Pulp Fiction reminds me of Floyd (Brad pitt) in True Romance

[quote]Lance in Pulp Fiction reminds me of Floyd (Brad pitt) in True Romance[/quote]

I wanted to say that, too. both are lazy crackers on dope, hehe

Melanie is the female version of Floyd. They should marry and have a child called Mary Jane.

Mr. White reminds me of the Wolf. Mr. Orange reminds me of Pumpkin. Mia reminds me of the Bride. Jules reminds me of Ordell. Mr. Blonde reminds me of Budd.Mr. Pink reminds me of Buddy Holly. Captain Koons reminds me of Vincenzo Coccotti. Richie Gecko reminds me of Quentin Tarantino. I wonder why.

[quote]Melanie is the female version of Floyd. They should marry and have a child called Mary Jane.[/quote]

funny shit hehe.

but gorgeous blondes like melanie should not end up with such bums like Floyd I think

[quote]

funny shit hehe.

but gorgeous blondes like melanie should not end up with such bums like Floyd I think
[/quote]

But if the bum looks like Brad Pitt then it's another story. Most chicks are [i]that[/i] shallow.

Come on dude, I know you would give your left nut to be with someone like Monica Bellucci or Salma Hayek just because they are beautiful on the outside. Just like any girl would give her right ovary to be with a “hunk” like Pitt.

Guys are just as shallow as girls.

I never said guys aren’t shallow.

Well, maybe you should have said the human race is that shallow.

[quote]Melanie is the female version of Floyd. They should marry and have a child called Mary Jane.

Mr. White reminds me of the Wolf. Mr. Orange reminds me of Pumpkin. Mia reminds me of the Bride. Jules reminds me of Ordell. Mr. Blonde reminds me of Budd.Mr. Pink reminds me of Buddy Holly. Captain Koons reminds me of Vincenzo Coccotti. Richie Gecko reminds me of Quentin Tarantino. I wonder why.[/quote]

You forgot to mention that Mark Dargus (in JB) reminds you of Buck (in Kill Bill). Earl McGraw (in Dusk) reminds you of Earl McGraw (in Volume 1) who also reminds you of Esteban Vihaio (in Volume 2). Shot woman (in Pulp) reminds you of Shocked woman (in Dogs) and Waitress (in Pulp) reminds you of Waitress (in JB)