Car chase

Did anyone notice when Zoe screams at Mike to “LOOK OUT!” when that truck was coming? It sounded like she was talking to him anyways.

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
I though Mary Elizabeth’s character was kinda pointless. I mean I felt like she was there to aid the storyline but there wasn’t really any depth to her character.

I heard on the Deathproof bonus material that Quentin didn’t know what to do with the character so he got someone for the part that he thought could bring something to the character and not have to worry about developing it himself. But I don’t think she does that at all. I think Quentin was thinking with his dick on that one.

But that’s just my opinion - anyone else think differently?
[/quote]

probably thinkin with his dick. Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a cheerleader outfit? SO FUCKING HOT! Despite that I thought her character was a good contrast between the others. She’s sort of a ditz and the others are smart and quick witted. I thought it was hilarious when they were fucking with her at the table.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/20 … ase_s.html”>Hard Drive's best movie chase scenes - oregonlive.com</LINK_TEXT>

Oh SWEET! DP’s number 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nZEji76jKU

What are your top car chases? does Death Proof make the list?

Vanishing Point

Bullitt

Gone In Sixty Seconds

Ronin

The French Connection

Death Proof

Smokey and the Bandit

Duel

The Blues Brothers

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://edition.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayo … ar.chases/”>Top 10 movie car chase scenes - CNN.com</LINK_TEXT>

cannonball run??? not even the real cannonball but cannonball run??? :o

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
cannonball run??? not even the real cannonball but cannonball run??? :o
[/quote]

Don’t talk weak bout Cannonball Run, fo’! It’s a great car movie.

if kim would brake suddenly and sharply then zoe would fly forward onto the road free for mike to run her over.

if kim were to brake gradually slowly and progressivley to a slow positionary stance then that would lead their car to be more vulnerable when mike rams into them so their car would flip over on its head or whatever.

kim couldn’t get her gun cuz she had to concentrate on the road or the 3 of them would be fucked, especially considering she can barely see out of it with zoe in front oher pleading for her life. maybe abernathy could have lent down to reach kim’s gun - but we don’t know where it was she was keeping it? plus i doubt kim would even let abernathy take her gun - this is kim we’re talking about. bitch won’t even give her belt to zoe etc.

they must have thought - just ride it out til mike causes himself some danger

- YouTube

[quote=“Bej5”]
if kim would brake suddenly and sharply then zoe would fly forward onto the road free for mike to run her over.

if kim were to brake gradually slowly and progressivley to a slow positionary stance then that would lead their car to be more vulnerable when mike rams into them so their car would flip over on its head or whatever.

kim couldn’t get her gun cuz she had to concentrate on the road or the 3 of them would be fucked, especially considering she can barely see out of it with zoe in front oher pleading for her life. maybe abernathy could have lent down to reach kim’s gun - but we don’t know where it was she was keeping it? plus i doubt kim would even let abernathy take her gun - this is kim we’re talking about. bitch won’t even give her belt to zoe etc.

they must have thought - just ride it out til mike causes himself some danger
[/quote]

Very well put. I guess the only time they had a chance is when Mike was spinning out of control in the dust, but damn it people, its a movie haha

Has to be the best car chase in any movie. Especially with Zoe doing her own stunts, i love that bit where Kim drives through the boat and abernathys going “oh my god did you hit a boat !?” 8)

If I were in the shoes of Kim and Zoe, I do exactly what they did. Sometimes if you’re in situations like that, you can’t think straight. And yeah, sometimes when it’s a movie they do unreasonable stuff just to make it exciting.