The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Boxoffice

- Nov. 23, 2003 -

USA: 68.5 Mio. $

Overseas Gross: $69.2 Mio.$ (26 countries)

Production Budget: 55 Mio. for Vol. 01 + Vol. 02

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa … llbill.htm”>http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=killbill.htm</LINK_TEXT>

one of the reasons thats so low is cos its a restricted movie

[quote]one of the reasons thats so low is cos its a restricted movie[/quote]

?

I think the movie is very successful !!!

150 million $ took world-wide with costs of 55 millions (Vol 1+2 ) ... Place 30 in the Boxofficelist 2003 in the USA ...

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK?

me 8)

btw hallo cyberwarrior ;D

me 2

don’t say ‘WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK?" just read it and relax or ignore it, but don’t bitch. cause if you wanna bitch just stroll your ass over to the IMDB message boards and you will find an oasis of bitches bitchin’ sorry, but I had to say that, why do you have to diss a person when he starts a topic you don’t care about? We’re all QT fans so let’s all say this together: “bitch be cool” :wink:

The box office result is pretty good. Considering the cost of the two volumes, the box-office is even better. Miramax has already made a profit ratio of about 2.5:1. And Volume 2 still has to come out.

I said because I didn’t like the box office turnout :frowning:

That’s not including DVD and VHS sells.

Also, do you guys think that volume 2 is going to gross more than volume 1? What are your predictions? I think volume 2 is going to gross 80 million at the box office.

Like I said, pretty damn good for HALF a movie. It scored a higher opening than Intolerable Cruelty and Master/Commander, which is hailed as the best movie of its kind ever, cough my ass.

[quote]I said because I didn’t like the box office turnout :frowning:[/quote]

of course we all want to see more, but I think it’s a good turnout considering it’s only volume 1’ theatrical release. so with this one they already made there money back and then some. so they still as already mentioned got the dvd release and the volume 2 theatrical/dvd release coming up. yep, I think they’re pretty happy with kill bill.

I think volume 2 will be less hyped than volume 1 (I don’t know why, It’s just a thought) and that most people who saw volume 1 will go see this one. I think it’ll go over the 100 million marker: especially if the DVD of vol1 is also released well before vol2 so that people who discover it in videorental stores and who buy it will discover this little gem and want more.

Kill Bill Vol 1 is only half the movie. Kill Bill had hardly any advertising after it was released. Its also an R rated ultra violent movie. I think it did great considering those 3 factors.

If it cost 55 or 65 mill to make, its already made that money back, plus there will be more from Vol 2. Its all good to me baby. 8)

I think Vol 2 will do even better at the box office than Vol 1. Simply because all the people who didnt know about Vol 1 and LOVED it (lots of people), will be back, and so will all us QT fans. :slight_smile:

I think that it is important, that KB V1 make so much money. And it is a bunch of money, cuz the movie is rated and it has no mainstream theme. But it rocks, it rocks so much that a lot of “Who is QT?” people enter their theatre for seeing it.

So we can be sure that V 2 has the chance to be the best in the boxoffice. V2 is more fighting and they say V 2 will include more speech…

I remember that I hated it so much that they splitted in two. I was one of the people. Now I see that this decision was the right one - as Toothpic said: "Trust QT"

Maybe the one movie KB V 1 & V2 will earn more than 300 mio $ in the whole…

So there is enough money to start IB and … more ;D ;D ;D

I think Kill Bill Volume 2 will stay in the box office top ten a lot longer than Volume 1, but wether it makes more money remains to be seen. Given the crap that usually comes out during February-April, I wouldn’t be surprised if KB stays in the top five for a month or two.

[quote]I think Kill Bill Volume 2 will stay in the box office top ten a lot longer than Volume 1, but wether it makes more money remains to be seen.  Given the crap that usually comes out during February-April, I wouldn’t be surprised if KB stays in the top five for a month or two.[/quote]

Do you know which movies Volume 2 will be competing with?

well in the Netherlands (and probably also in Belgium and Germany don’t know for sure) it has one pretty big competitor: Once upon a time in Mexico (don’t ask me why it’s released so late, it just is). And most people like those big action flicks so it’ll be interesting to see what’ll happen.

[quote]well in the Netherlands (and probably also in Belgium and Germany don’t know for sure) it has one pretty big competitor: Once upon a time in Mexico (don’t ask me why it’s released so late, it just is). And most people like those big action flicks so it’ll be interesting to see what’ll happen.[/quote]

Wow, Quentin and Robert competing with one another. Cool coincidence.

[quote]

of course we all want to see more, but I think it’s a good turnout considering it’s only volume 1’ theatrical release. so with this one they already made there money back and then some. [/quote]

And then some? Sorry, had to laugh here. The movie already made a profit of over $ 82 million only at the boxoffice AFTER making their money (55 mil) back!!! I think that’s pretty fucking awesome for half a movie!

Well, reconsidering everything I have to reckon I wasn’t very accurate when I mentioned the 2.5:1 ratio in the beginning. I forgot the fact that box office returns are normally shared 50/50 between theaters and the movie studio. So, approximately, I think Miramax have earned about $60 million so far; which still means profit. I’m not exactly sure and accurate about the theater-studio earnings ratio though. Having said that, I don’t think anyone has to worry about box office returns. Apart from the fact that it did good and other factors many of you have already mentioned, QT holds a special place in Miramax. After all, he’s the main man who made Miramax the driving force it is today back in the 90’s.

[quote]

And then some? Sorry, had to laugh here. The movie already made a profit of over $ 82 million only at the boxoffice AFTER making their money (55 mil) back!!! I think that’s pretty fucking awesome for half a movie!
[/quote]

Well, then my understatement worked. But it’s definetaly true: QT did a good job and made the grin on Miramax’s face even bigger ;D.

But it also helps us because if he keeps doing great, we will get more: everything in QT’s mind will come to life if he wants to, because producers aren’t going ‘you sure bout that Q?’ Hell no they’re going ‘do that shit’ and that shit will become of course, another masterpiece. I’m loving it.