The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Books Tarantino should make films of

I have a one suggestion:

The gap-conflict by Stephen Donaldson: A 5 books science fiction series where there are no clear heroes, where everybody are more or less evil, with very colorful caracters, with a plot with both micro and macro perspective where you in the middle of the series think you have a picture of what is about to happen but than the twists blows you away. - could be an epic space trilogy from the master.

other suggestions??

also science fiction:

the moon is a harsh mistress - robert heinlein

or…

40 lashes less one - elmore leonard

I don’t know if Science Fiction would be good, but a good western by Elmore Leonard would amazing !

Stephen King’s Gunslinger series.

I think he should the book that he keeps mentioning as his favorite, “All my Friends are going to be Strangers.”

[quote=“WhatsFonzieLike”]
I think he should the book that he keeps mentioning as his favorite, “All my Friends are going to be Strangers.”
[/quote]

Yeah, h loves that book ! I haven’t read it, too hard to find in France… :-</E>

I read it and its pretty interesting. Could make for an interesting film.

“Gun with Occasional Music” by Jonathan Lethem, like sci-fi film noir (or as the jacket continually describes it, “Raymond Chandler’s voice with Philip K. Dick’s vision”). It would be interesting to see Quentin expand visually upon his segment in Sin City with another skewed noir project. Plus, KNB could make all the evolved animals and babyheads in the book look really cool.

The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Saliger. That would be so bad-ass.

Salinger*

That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard for a number of reasons. Catcher in the Rye should NEVER be made into a movie, no matter who does it.