Blaxpoitation Films

I wanna see Truck Turner as well. If Isaac Hayes is nearly as cool in it as he is in Escape From New York it’s gonna be great!

Truck Turner and coffy are the 2 best blaxploitation films of all time. Coffy being one of course.

[quote=“Jjp”]
just got around to watching it, it was pretty good 7/10 on the blaxploiation meter. The Toy Scene was really weird.
[/quote]

I love this movie more than Dolemite. Never get sick up the sped-up kung fu battle in the end!

Lol yea it was cheesy, in a good way.

Just rented the arena going to watch it tonight.

Just Rented JD’s Revenge going to watch it tonight.

How was Arena? Still haven’t seen that one yet.

[quote=“Laydback”]I’m the one that called this the Hard-Boiled of the blaxploitation genre and I still stand by that statement. The most action-packed blaxpo out there. Believe that![/quote]The perfect and most appropriate way to describe it, Truck Turner is insanely paced from beginning to end. It’s a shame it has never really caught on in mainstream circles. Truck Turner is so much more interesting to me than Shaft :slight_smile:

yea truck turner sure is better than shaft, so is coffy.

Unfortunately I’m one of those few who enjoy Foxy more than Coffy however :-[ There’s something about Foxy that I really enjoy. Maybe because it’s a more attractive film, and slightly less serious. Just a fun, spunky flick that slightly detours into hillbilly rape insanity at one point or another :wink:

Last Blaxpo I watched… not sure. I checked out Hell Up in Harlem and Black Ceasar not too long ago. Since then I guess I’ve been on a bit of a draught. Going to have to check out some more Rudy Ray Moore flicks for sure, pretty sure I saw Human Tornado last time i was in Blockbuster. That and Shaolin Dolemite. Will have to bite the bullet and check one of the two out just to say I did :smiley:

I used to own the sequel to “Cotton Comes to Harlem” as well as the books. Can’t remember the name off the top of my head.

Also RR MOORE did a horror comedy called “PETEY WHEATSTRAW”, based on the legend of the bliues musician of the same name (I think spelled differently though).

Agree with Laydback, not all of the black films in the 70’s can be Blaxploitation. Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby made three films together in the 70’s and is widely considered some of the best buddy comedies of the 70’s.

Same goes for these:

Education of Sonny Carson

Claudine

The Spook Who Sat By the Door

Corn Bread, Earl, & Me

Now the most famous and overlooked Blaxplo would have to be “THE WIZ”. It is everything defined by Blaxplo, and yet is widley forgotten because of it’s big name stars probably.

[quote=“badmutha77”]
I used to own the sequel to “Cotton Comes to Harlem” as well as the books. Can’t remember the name off the top of my head.
[/quote]

Come Back, Charleston Blue.

Been wantin’ to see it.

Has anyone seen Soul Vengeance a.k.a. Welcome Home Brother Charles (1975) its farley boring and dosent really make you care about it since the direction is a bit amaturish but at one point you see a black guy strangle a man with his cock lol. Dont know if it is blaxploitation but it sort of felt like one.

i Just bought a copy of boss nigger. I was curious if anyone could recommend any more western blaxsploitation films.

[quote=“Jjp”]
i Just bought a copy of boss nigger. I was curious if anyone could recommend any more western blaxsploitation films.
[/quote]

The Legend of Nigger Charley

The Soul of Nigger Charley

Buck and The Preacher (Still haven’t seen this in it’s entirety)

Take a Hard Ride (GREAT cast, but so-so movie)

Adios Amigos (Comedy western with Richard Pryor and Fred Williamson. Haven’t heard good things about it)

Thomasine and Bushrod (The Encore Westerns channel used to play this rare flick from time to time. Sort of a Bonnie & Clyde western with Max Julien & Vonetta McGee. Not that bad, but impossible to find)

Thanks. i heard of Adios Amigos, The Legend of Nigger Charley, The Soul of Nigger Charley and take a hard ride. For some reason take a hard ride just doesn’t look all that good. any others?

At this point I own: & I’ve seen:

Sweet Sweetback’s Baadassss Song Across 110th Street

Cotton Comes to Harlem The Black 6

Shaft Bucktown

Coffy Final Comedown

Superfly Foxy Brown

The Mack Friday Foster

Black Caesar Gordon’s War

Black Godfather Hit Man

Trick Baby Shaft in Africa

Trouble Man Sheba, Baby

Truck Turner Slaughter

Detroit 9000 Slaughter’s Big Rip-Off

Spook Who Sat By The Door Black Belt Jones

Soul Vengeance TNT Jackson

Emma Mae That Man Bolt

Penitentiary Get Christie Love

Seen all except Black Godfather and Get Christie Love. Which one’s better?

Speaking of which…

I feel like theyre trying anything to make $$ in Hollywood. They must have a list of things. Blaxploitation remakes are next I guess