Bill's nick mentioned

At the scene where Nice Guy Eddie comes to the hideout and yells and so on, he says: “I will call somebody”, White asks who, Eddie replies: “Fuckin’ Snake Charmer, who do you think?” That, I think, was a sarcasm. Snake Charmer, as many of you may know, is a nickname for Bill. So, I’ve heard (from a very doubtful source, though) that Tarantino wrote Kill Bill years ago. I was wondering - maybe Bill A.K.A. Snake Charmer was well known between criminals at that time, including White, Eddie, Pink and so on. Or Tarantino just picked that nick for Bill because he had once used it in Reservoir Dogs. Sure that this nick was chosen because Kiddo was “Black Mamba”, and Elle - “California Mountain Snake”, and Bill had charmed both of them.

yeah could be

i LOVE the way QT links his films!! I believe he was refering to Bill!

But weren’t RD and KB in 2 seperate movie universes?

That’s an interesting point, maybe it was to do with Captain America, because I think QT is a fan of comics, and so he used Captain America references (in RD and KB)

No one knows what QT has in his mind.

He builds his characters up to the top. He created characters that are much bigger and greater than he shows us in his movies.

I don’t think it’s a relation but who knows it for sure?

There’s also K-Billy’s Super Sounds of the 70’s.

K-Billy = Sort of like a nickname for Kill Bill

Super Sounds of the 70’s = In Volume 2, Bill mentions his favorite soul song of the 70’s.

Not a strong connection but pretty interesting.

no, QT is just really fond of the 70’s and K-Billy was a really populair nickname back then

The way he links names in movies reminds me of Stephen King novels, where all events are somewhat linked. I know he is a Stephen King fan.

Yeah, QT didn’t even have the idea for Kill Bill until years after he wrote the RD script. He might have used the name Snake Charmer because of Reservoir Dogs, or maybe he just really liked that nickname and didn’t even think about it twice. But either way, they’re more than likely not the same character.

Does anyone here know for sure that Tarantino took the names of the Deadly vipers from Captain America comics? Because Captain America’s enemies were also named after the same snakes

[quote]Does anyone here know for sure that Tarantino took the names of the Deadly vipers from Captain America comics? Because Captain America’s enemies were also named after the same snakes[/quote]
This calls for an animated remake of kill bill with the DiVAs replaced with their corresponding comic characters.

i heard a rumour that the DiVIAS were named after Captain America Characters. I think it would be so cool to see an animation of them all!

I really think the whole Snake Charmer thing is just a figure of speech.

[quote=“Larry_Dimick”]
I really think the whole Snake Charmer thing is just a figure of speech.
[/quote]

Yes in the context that it was spoken of in Reservoir Dogs. But maybe, just maybe… there was an additional reasoning behind the use of such a phrase…maybe.

Yeah, It probably is just a figure of speach, but it is a cool thought that its a link to KB…it kinda makes you feel like your in on a clever bit of wit, besides, with all of the other homages that are in RD its not impossible that a pre-Bill quirk was put in there is it?

how about, none of it is linked, and it is just pure coincidence?

//someone had to say it

You can’t rule the fact that there may have been another reason why ‘snakecharmer’ was mentioned out. But it’s pretty unlikely, i think.

Still, you never know with QT. :stuck_out_tongue:

In Making of Kill Bill I heard Uma said that when shooting Pulp Fiction Tarantino said that he finally knew what his next movie will be about and that it’s called Kill Bill. So he postponed his “war movie” how Uma said (probably Inglorious Bastards) and got absolutely obsessed with Kill Bill. Then he was writing the script and then Snake Charmer AKA Bill character was created.

So it could’t have been Bill that Eddie mentioned in Reservoir Dogs as Snake Charmer, for Reservoir Dogs is older.

And here my idea dies.

But there’s a possibility that Quentin just took many of his first ideas, those even before Reservoir Dogs, in Kill Bill. I believe he had really lots of ideas and perhaps an idea about an assassin gang where they all are called in nicknames and the leader’s Snake Charmer. Maybe he used this in Reservoir Dogs planning to show Snake Charmer much more in his next movie. And when he was writing Kill Bill he just used the old Snake Charmer idea.

Nahhhh I dont think its related. Nice Guy Eddie is being sarcastic:

Mr White: Take care of him?

Nice Guy: Ok I will call someone

Mr White: Who?

Nice Guy: A fucking snake charmer, what do u think!!!

Like Witch doctors, snake charmers are are to have certain powers - true or not thats not the point, obviosly Nice Guy Eddie dosnt belive in it, otherwise he wouldnt have said it.