Best Directorial debut:

[quote=“Angel”]
Who’s That Knocking At My Door is 90 minutes. His first feature. It has Harvey Keitel in it.

Haha, you’re like the coolest chick. You like Point Blank, Eraserhead, Saturday Night Sunday Morning and Gun Crazy (I think that was you), etc.

Yeah, I’m into the British New Wave too (or the “kitchen sink” movement as they call it). I just love realism in cinema; french new wave, Italian neo-realism, the kitchen sink, they’ve spawned some great films. And many of my favourite debuts came from these as well.
[/quote]

Yeah kitchen sink realism, love that phrase. About about Gun Crazy, that’s me indeed, I LOOOVE this movie. I’m not yet too much into italian neo-realism, I gotta try to get into it once.

Do you know the Free Cinema movement ? If not, you should check out all the shorts, they’re so awesome.

And yeah, right about Who’s not Knocking at my Door, I had forgotten this one, a cool movie btw.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Yeah kitchen sink realism, love that phrase. About about Gun Crazy, that’s me indeed, I LOOOVE this movie. I’m not yet too much into italian neo-realism, I gotta try to get into it once.

Do you know the Free Cinema movement ? If not, you should check out all the shorts, they’re so awesome.
[/quote]

I’ve seen Lindsay Anderson’s O Dreamland (I believe that was part of the Free Cinema movement?), but not much else. I should check it out more though.

[quote=“Angel”]
I’ve seen Lindsay Anderson’s O Dreamland (I believe that was part of the Free Cinema movement?), but not much else. I should check it out more though.
[/quote]

OMG really ? What did you think of it ? I had to do a 10pages essay for my english exam and I chose this short, I so love it. You gotta see Spare Time with Humphrey Jennings, which is also about a funfair, same kind of esthetic (though the short of part of the British Documentary Film Movement from the late 30s) and poetry but way more optimist. I so love these two shorts.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
OMG really ? What did you think of it ? I had to do a 10pages essay for my english exam and I chose this short, I so love it. You gotta see Spare Time with Humphrey Jennings, which is also about a funfair, same kind of esthetic (though the short of part of the British Documentary Film Movement from the late 30s) and poetry but way more optimist. I so love these two shorts.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I loved O Dreamland. Lindsay Anderson is such a cool director. He’s basically the reason why I watched it at first. I should look out for Spare Time. Thanks for the tip. :smiley:

I can’t believe I forgot to add this one:

Me and You and Everyone We Know - Miranda July

Everyone that hasn’t seen this, should go see it ASAP. :angel:

Wes Anderson - Bottle Rocket.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
I can’t believe I forgot to add this one:

Me and You and Everyone We Know - Miranda July

Everyone that hasn’t seen this, should go see it ASAP. :angel:
[/quote]

Damn, right, how could we forget it ?

[quote=“Fuckface”]
Wes Anderson - Bottle Rocket.
[/quote]

It wasn’t as much impressive as Rushmore. I was a bit disappointed, I’ve seen all his other movies before this one, maybe that’s because of it. There’s already his style but the story isn’t worthy.