Best Character Introductions

1. Every actor in Goodfellas has a kick ass introduction!

2. Arnold in Terminator II: BAAAAAAAAAADDDDD to the bone 8)

3. QT and Clooney in FDTD

4. Takeshi Kitano in Zatoïchi

5. Alain Delon in Le Samouraï

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]

1. Every actor in Goodfellas has a kick ass introduction!
    [/quote]
    Im goin’ to get the paper the paper!

Marlon Brando - The Godfather

Ghostface - Scream Trilogy

[quote=“me”]
Im goin’ to get the paper the paper!
[/quote]

I love Scorsese for those shots…same in Mean streets…so cool…Just like when Henry enters the copacabana, 1 long take that is executed perfectly.

Scorsese is the master.

Drill Instructor: Private Pyle, your ass looks like fifty pounds of chewed bubble gum!

I love it when a director introduces a character and makes him look badass even before he opens his mouth. Like shooting him from behind (as in the case of Marcellus or Kakihara). Or shooting an entire sequence in POV before his face is finally revealed (Halloween). It gives us the impression the character is larger than life, that’s he’s the real deal. I love such techniques and the directors that use such techniques.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]

3. QT and Clooney in FDTD

[/quote]

Look at my post ;D

Clockwork Orange:

Alex: There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

Ivan Dixon-Nothing But A Man

Steve McQueen-Bullitt

Divine-Pink Flamingos

Ed Harris-Knightriders

Michael Caine-Get Carter

John Amplas & Lincoln Maazel-Martin

Robert Shaw, Hector Elizondo & Walter Matthau-The Taking of Pelham 123

Bob Hoskins, P.H. Moriarty, Pierce Brosnan, Eddie Constantine & Helen Mirren-The Long Good Friday

[quote=“Dwight_McCarthy”]
Ivan Dixon-Nothing But A Man

Steve McQueen-Bullitt

Divine-Pink Flamingos

Ed Harris-Knightriders

Michael Caine-Get Carter

John Amplas & Lincoln Maazel-Martin

Robert Shaw, Hector Elizondo & Walter Matthau-The Taking of Pelham 123

Bob Hoskins, P.H. Moriarty, Pierce Brosnan, Eddie Constantine & Helen Mirren-The Long Good Friday

[/quote]
your list sucks balls

[quote=“Kilgore Trout, back by popular demand.”]
your list sucks balls
[/quote]

Hahaha! You the man Kilgore ;D

Sorry Dwight_McCarthy :wink:

I feel sorry for Dwight_McCarthy your treating him like shit

Hahaha! Yes its a bit cruel…but his list is kinda shit :stuck_out_tongue:

your list sucks balls
[/quote]

Kilgore Trout LOL

[quote=“Scarface”]
I love it when a director introduces a character and makes him look badass even before he opens his mouth. Like shooting him from behind (as in the case of Marcellus or Kakihara). Or shooting an entire sequence in POV before his face is finally revealed (Halloween). It gives us the impression the character is larger than life, that’s he’s the real deal. I love such techniques and the directors that use such techniques.
[/quote]
Damn how can I forget the opening of Halloween, its one of the best scenes I know…

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
Hahaha! Yes its a bit cruel…but his list is kinda shit :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
shit is an understatement. His next list will include Dick VanDyke as the sidewalk painter in Mary Poppins or maybe even Barney on The Silence of the Lambs!

Barney in Silence of the Lambs is cool!(althoug of course he hasn’t the best introduction of all time, but who cares :stuck_out_tongue:)

shit is an understatement. His next list will include Dick VanDyke as the sidewalk painter in Mary Poppins or maybe even Barney on The Silence of the Lambs!
[/quote]
Why do you care? I mean I wasn’t trying to appease you, I was just trying to be original. Those are just some of the character intro’s that I like. Besides y’all had taken alot of the good ones. However, if you would prefer I do another list, I can do that too.

Lil Ze in City of God! Cant believe no one mentioned him!!!

Jean-Louis Trintignant-The Great Silence

Alejandro Jodorowsky-El Topo

Jason Robards-Ballad of Cable Hogue

Clint Eastwood-Outlaw Josey Wales

Bunta Sugawara-The Yakuza Papers