Basterds will sweep the Academy Awards

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Ok getting back on topic if anyone thinks IB will sweep the Academy Awards then you’re crazy. I wouldnt be surprised if Invictus steals the show. It will be similar to when Forrest Gump won all the awards when we all knew The Shawshank Redemption was 10 times better.[/quote]

1. Forrest Gump and Shawshank both suck! HARD!

2. I agree, I.B. will NOT sweep the Oscars. Wasn’t that good, and the whole year of films should just be swept under the carpet.

It amazes me how you dislike a great film like The Shawshank Remption. Its voted number 1 on the top films of all time by the users at the IMDB.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”][quote=“jonitapani”][quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]exactly and the film is like a piece of American propaganda but in a very good and fun way. The Warner Brothers released pictures of that sort in the early to mid 1940s and this film has the same integrity and feel behind it. I see it that way, and that last scene where Landa gets marked and then that military soundtrack plays and you can’t help but to cheer, a lot of WW II veterans were laughing with great joy and applauding, I’ll never forget that.[/quote]

Even though Landa is a villian, a “bad man”, you gotta love him 'cause he is so carismatic and genious character. I didn’t find Landa’s marking very funny or joyful, though he had it coming. The most of the Basterds on the other hand are kinda stupid but still very funny and loveable. Both, the Germans and the Americans, can be loved and hated in the film. They are all just people, it doesn’t matter which side they are on. Even though, it’s easier to hate a Nazi and cheer for Americans. But I, myself, didn’t find the Bear Jew scene so nice. Ok, I love the way it’s written, I love the scene, but I don’t really like the Bear Jew 'cause his yelling kinda destroys the mood that music makes before killing the Nazi. But I think it’s intentional.[/quote]

Well you just have to remind yourself that these people killed 1/3 of the Jewish poulation by starving them and torturing them…just horrid things. The Nazis were monsters and they had to be stopped in any way. Basterds were fighting fire with fire.[/quote]

Well, you didn’t get my point. Of course I know that Nazis were monsters but most of them just were brainwashed and just following orders. The biggest monsters were the ones who were leading their soldiers. Either way, the things Nazis did, are not acceptable. And yes, of course I’m on the Basterd’s side.

EDIT: And I mean that the some Nazi characters can be likeable. I don’t mean that normal Gerry soldier can be loved, no way. Like Willi, who just had a son. Okay, he’s a Nazi but he’s also a normal man. And Hans Landa, how can you not like him some way? Okay, what he does is horrifying but he has something very likeable in him. But I in no way like Hitler or Goebbels etc.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]It amazes me how you dislike a great film like The Shawshank Remption. Its voted number 1 on the top films of all time by the users at the IMDB.[/quote]

Well, IMDB can’t tell if someone likes it or not. But it can tell that most people like it.

I, myself, find that most of the IMDB ratings are same that I would rate them but some just are not.

But yeah, still amazes me too that someone doesn’t like The Shawshank Redemption it’s a good movie. But I don’t still think it’s the best I’ve seen.

[quote=“jonitapani”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]It amazes me how you dislike a great film like The Shawshank Remption. Its voted number 1 on the top films of all time by the users at the IMDB.[/quote]

Well, IMDB can’t tell if someone likes it or not. But it can tell that most people like it.

I, myself, find that most of the IMDB ratings are same that I would rate them but some just are not.

But yeah, still amazes me too that someone doesn’t like The Shawshank Redemption it’s a good movie. But I don’t still think it’s the best I’ve seen.[/quote]

Every single time a big summer blockbuster comes out, it's in the top 5 on IMBD of all time. Do you really Mr. Pink follow shit like that? 13 year olds and people who don't know better vote in that IMDB poll.

And I stand by what I said, Shawshank has to be the most overrated "top 10" film ever.

[quote=“G”]

1. Forrest Gump and Shawshank both suck! HARD!
    [/quote]

Forrest Gump is def better than Shawshank.

[quote=“G”][quote=“jonitapani”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]It amazes me how you dislike a great film like The Shawshank Remption. Its voted number 1 on the top films of all time by the users at the IMDB.[/quote]

But yeah, still amazes me too that someone doesn’t like The Shawshank Redemption it’s a good movie. But I don’t still think it’s the best I’ve seen.[/quote]

Every single time a big summer blockbuster comes out, it's in the top 5 on IMBD of all time. Do you really Mr. Pink follow shit like that? 13 year olds and people who don't know better vote in that IMDB poll.

And I stand by what I said, Shawshank has to be the most overrated "top 10" film ever.[/quote]

Okay, I get yout point :slight_smile: It’s not like I would put Avatar so high as much it’s now :smiley: