Basterds prequal cast?

I’m not narrow minded. You seem to have a problem with Hollywood and their fine work. Yes, sure not all films can be of great quality. But those that are great will always have a place in the viewer’s hearts. Like the film “Anna Christie”, directed by Clarence Brown was made in 1930 - and almost 80 years later the film still holds up and it captivates you from start to finish.

[quote=“F.W.”]
Stop being so jingoistic, you fool.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, that’s like asking a bear to stop shitting in the woods…

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
I’m not narrow minded. You seem to have a problem with Hollywood and their fine work. Yes, sure not all films can be of great quality. But those that are great will always have a place in the viewer’s hearts. Like the film “Anna Christie”, directed by Clarence Brown was made in 1930 - and almost 80 years later the film still holds up and it captivates you from start to finish.
[/quote]

Nicholas Ray

Budd Boetticher

Sam Fuller

John Huston

Alfred Hitchcock

Charlie Chaplin

Buster Keaton

Sam Peckinpah

John Ford

I love all those guys and they all worked for the studios for a lot of their careers. I love American cinema but I’m not like you, I can appreciate that cinema is universal and that America isn’t the cultural epicenter of the world.

[quote=“F.W.”]
The kings of silent cinema were in Europe, everyone knows this. From Dreyer to Murnau to Lang and they came over to the States when the Nazis took shit over. They introduced new styles of filmmaking to American filmmakers which then helped spawn the genre of Film Noir.

European styles and artists were the main influence on the “Golden Era” of Hollywood cinema. Stop being so jingoistic, you fool.
[/quote]

And where did they flourish?

Hollywood.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]

And where did they flourish?

Hollywood.
[/quote]

Financially, sure but that just proves another of my points. Hollywoodism is cinematic capitalism and to some levels fascism.

Dreyer flourished in his home country, actually, I should point that out.

The Passion of Joan of Arc blows D.W. Griffiths ass out of the water.

See, I just look to the product they produce. I just have respect for what they’ve done in the past years and what they still do in recent years. I’m a spectator and lover of the motion picture arts and nothing more. You might look at things from a filmmaker’s perspective, and that’s fine. You might understand those things better than I do.

[quote=“F.W.”]
Dreyer flourished in his home country, actually, I should point that out.

The Passion of Joan of Arc blows D.W. Griffiths ass out of the water.
[/quote]

That film is so rare, I’ve never even seen it. I’ve heard mention of it by Scorsese himself. I think he own a taped copy of it, in fact he preserves films - which is great. You have some filmmakers who don’t give a shit about doing such things.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
See, I just look to the product they produce. I just have respect for what they’ve done in the past years and what they still do in recent years. I’m a spectator and lover of the motion picture arts and nothing more. You might look at things from a filmmaker’s perspective, and that’s fine. You might understand those things better than I do.
[/quote]

The biggest problem you have, Bio.

In all your posts you always have to prove how much knowledge you have of shit. Sometimes it just helps if you say things concise and to the point. Not go off on a rant about how Billy Wilder fingered Marilyn Monroe while Jack Lemmon whacked off in his trailer and you know all this because you read a great book by an author who wrote this other book about Wyler who directed a bunch of great films and then say, “Oh, did I mention Bette Davis did thisblahabahabahlablahblahblah.”

It comes off as obnoxious. Like the know-it-all kid in class who, when raising his hand, gets a bunch of eyerolls. Even from the teacher.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
That film is so rare, I’ve never even seen it. I’ve heard mention of it by Scorsese himself. I think he own a taped copy of it, in fact he preserves films - which is great. You have some filmmakers who don’t give a shit about doing such things.
[/quote]

It played at the Cinematheque here in Toronto in the winter. Along with his other films. I saw it and Ordet.

And it was released on Criterion.

[quote=“F.W.”]
The biggest problem you have, Bio.

In all your posts you always have to prove how much knowledge you have of shit. Sometimes it just helps if you say things concise and to the point. Not go off on a rant about how Billy Wilder fingered Marilyn Monroe while Jack Lemmon whacked off in his trailer and you know all this because you read a great book by an author who wrote this other book about Wyler who directed a bunch of great films and then say, “Oh, did I mention Bette Davis did thisblahabahabahlablahblahblah.”

It comes off as obnoxious. Like the know-it-all kid in class who, when raising his hand, gets a bunch of eyerolls. Even from the teacher.
[/quote]

I just use examples of what I like in movies and what I don’t like, how is that obnoxious?

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
I just use examples of what I like in movies and what I don’t like, how is that obnoxious?
[/quote]

It doesn’t have to be brought up at every turn. I mean, even I have cut down on the Spielberg hate shit. I don’t want to come off as a baffoon. I also love John Cassavetes but it’s not like I relate EVERYTHING to his films.

I think diversifying your film tastes might fix the problem. I hope you get around to it eventually, it will only hurt you in the long run.

[quote=“F.W.”]

It doesn’t have to be brought up at every turn. I mean, even I have cut down on the Spielberg hate shit. I don’t want to come off as a baffoon. I also love John Cassavetes but it’s not like I relate EVERYTHING to his films.

I think diversifying your film tastes might fix the problem. I hope you get around to it eventually, it will only hurt you in the long run.
[/quote]

I like the films I’m watching now, thank you very much. I doubt there is a Chinese version of a Bette Davis out there, or even anyone as good as Joan Crawford. No. I thought so. I still have much to see, I don’t wanna stray and watch some Japanese movie that I don’t know much about. Though I did like The One-Armed Swordsman, that movie was incredible. But I’m into dramas right now.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
I like the films I’m watching now, thank you very much. I doubt there is a Chinese version of a Bette Davis out there, or even anyone as good as Joan Crawford. No. I thought so. I still have much to see, I don’t wanna stray and watch some Japanese movie that I don’t know much about. Though I did like The One-Armed Swordsman, that movie was incredible. But I’m into dramas right now.
[/quote]

Dramas: also not a Hollywood invention.

I’m not saying start Japanese, for God sake…I don’t even like Japanese cinema as much as others!

Don’t you think that if the guys who influenced some of your favorite films right now are European that they’d be worth checking out?

Ordet is a drama…it’s not some experimental film about a bunch of Danish people sitting in a Danish McDonald’s in 1955…shit.

It’s a film about a man questioning his religious faith. How FAR from Hollywood is that? Not very far. It’s the way its done that makes it so beautiful.

I don’t know a thing about European cinema. Now, I will see them when I feel like doing so. I like Jean Renoir, I saw The Southerner with Zachary Scott, and I really enjoyed it. I’m just too infatuated with the classic actresses, I can’t break away.

There’s only way to learn…and it ain’t in the books.

[quote=“F.W.”]
Dramas: also not a Hollywood invention.

I’m not saying start Japanese, for God sake…I don’t even like Japanese cinema as much as others!

Don’t you think that if the guys who influenced some of your favorite films right now are European that they’d be worth checking out?

Ordet is a drama…it’s not some experimental film about a bunch of Danish people sitting in a Danish McDonald’s in 1955…shit.

It’s a film about a man questioning his religious faith. How FAR from Hollywood is that? Not very far. It’s the way its done that makes it so beautiful.
[/quote]

Of course drama is not a Hollywood invention. You see I should explain myself more thoroughly. I like the dramatic pictures that were produced in the 30s and 40s. Stuff like Mildred Pierce, Of Human Bondage, Grand Hotel, etc.

Drama dates back to god knows when…every other genre dates back from way back when. We’re talking about the biblical days.

Wow, that was kinda pointless.

As long as we’re on the subject, you know who I’d like to see in the Inglourious Basterds prequel: Jim Brown.

how about Michael Jai White since Q stiffed him by cutting him out of Kill Bill

[quote=“Movie_Villain”]
how about Michael Jai White since Q stiffed him by cutting him out of Kill Bill
[/quote]

I don’t know, from what I saw in that deleted scene he doesn’t look like the WWII type. Kinda like Denzel isn’t the WWII type.