Australian Grindhouse News

Everybody is worrying whether or not the other countries will be getting Grindhouse. IMDB still has no release date, but the latest news I have heard from Greater Union (cinema chain in Australia) is that the release date has been postponed until after 300 and Spiderman 3 and other big films. Apparently it will be released in June or July.

When asked whether or not it will be split up, the answer was NO, the film is just postponed.

I wouldn’t bet my life on this information, but it is good news nonetheless.

June or July damn! you’ll be able to buy the dvd by then.

still, you have to see this in a cinema before you watch it on DVD, great new i was really annoyed when i heard we might be getting a split release…

Sorry, everyone, but I’m afraid I’m the bearer of bad news.

The film WILL be split up in all countries besides the US.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar … se_1029624”>http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/grindhouse%20films%20to%20be%20split%20in%20two%20for%20international%20release_1029624</LINK_TEXT>

Mmmmm, that’s fine by me. I already saw this film many times in the US of A. I feel sorry for all you cocksuckers abroad, gotta produce more $$$$$ - ha ha! that’s what you get! ;D

[size=100]NOOOOOOOOO![/size]

[quote=“KillJackieDeathPulpReserv”]
Sorry, everyone, but I’m afraid I’m the bearer of bad news.

The film WILL be split up in all countries besides the US.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar … se_1029624”>http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/grindhouse%20films%20to%20be%20split%20in%20two%20for%20international%20release_1029624</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

That’s what Empire says too. And it’s probably right. But the cinema info is 4 days old or so. There is a slight chance. At least I hope.

Here in germany it’s still 26. july for DP and 23. august for PT…these dates have not changed in the last weeks.

But I downloaded a cam version weeks ago, so I don’t really care about the release dates anymore.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Mmmmm, that’s fine by me. I already saw this film many times in the US of A. I feel sorry for all you cocksuckers abroad, gotta produce more $$$$$ - ha ha! that’s what you get! ;D
[/quote]

What’s your fascination with homosexuality? Dude, don’t be scared, just come out of the closet, we can’t possibly like you any less!

I’m still pretty pissed off that we UK lot have to wait till the 21st of fucking September. But chances are, the R1 dvd will be released by then, so I guess I’m just goign to have to import one and watch it on my 37" HD TV on my home theatre system. It’s the next best thing after the cinema.

[quote=“Angel”]
Everybody is worrying whether or not the other countries will be getting Grindhouse. IMDB still has no release date, but the latest news I have heard from Greater Union (cinema chain in Australia) is that the release date has been postponed until after 300 and Spiderman 3 and other big films. Apparently it will be released in June or July.

When asked whether or not it will be split up, the answer was NO, the film is just postponed.

I wouldn’t bet my life on this information, but it is good news nonetheless.
[/quote]

June or July… this stupid country… still waiting that long isnt nearly as bad as hearing that it may be spit up…

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
June or July… this stupid country… still waiting that long isnt nearly as bad as hearing that it may be spit up…
[/quote]

Australia was second in line to get it. We are seen as a test market a lot of the times. It has nothing to do with being a stupid country. It has something to do with not enough Americans going to see what could possibly the greatest film ever created.

Does anyone know if…

Once the films are split up will the fake previews still be shown at the end of Planet Terror or the beginning of Death Proof? Or will the fake previews not be shown in theaters at all and simply become a special feature on the DVD?

It’s absolute crap!

[quote=“Angel”]
Australia was second in line to get it. We are seen as a test market a lot of the times. It has nothing to do with being a stupid country. It has something to do with not enough Americans going to see what could possibly the greatest film ever created.
[/quote]

I wonder if itll do better in Australia… ( by comparison ) anyway… Would you feel it slightly more appropriate for me to direct my stupid country comment at America?

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
I wonder if itll do better in Australia… ( by comparison ) anyway… Would you feel it slightly more appropriate for me to direct my stupid country comment at America?
[/quote]

Really? America is stupid for not making Grindhouse a success? Such nationalist bullshit. Don’t forget Grindhouse is an American film made by American filmmakers reflecting American sensibilities.

$20m is nothing to shake a stick at. Reservoir Dogs made less in it’s first run and no one was blaming Americans for not seeing it.

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
Really? America is stupid for not making Grindhouse a success? Such nationalist bullshit. Don’t forget Grindhouse is an American film made by American filmmakers reflecting American sensibilities.

$20m is nothing to shake a stick at. Reservoir Dogs made less in it’s first run and no one was blaming Americans for not seeing it.
[/quote]

..I didn’t actually SAY that.. i wasn’t even serious to begin with..

All i can say i went go see it(i still have my ticket to prove it)

[/quote]

Calm down. No one is insulting America. Why do people get this view that Australians like to bash American films. All we fucking watch are American films. All I pointed out was that not enough Americans saw Grindhouse, so that’s the reason for all this splitting. Is it your fault? No, it isn’t. It probably will be the same all over the world. It wouldn’t have mattered where it was first released.

[quote=“Angel”]
Calm down. No one is insulting America. Why do people get this view that Australians like to bash American films. All we fucking watch are American films. All I pointed out was that not enough Americans saw Grindhouse, so that’s the reason for all this splitting. Is it your fault? No, it isn’t. It probably will be the same all over the world. It wouldn’t have mattered where it was first released.
[/quote]

The split was actually what they were going to do before the release, at least internationally, because the concept of a grindhouse double feature wouldn’t really translate overseas. But it looks like the concept didn’t even translate stateside. The Weinsteins would’ve been smarter to split the film here, but they didn’t. They decided to keep it’s integrity and lost a shitload of money. Remember how everyone freaked over the Kill Bill split? Looks like that was the right move.

The split was actually what they were going to do before the release, at least internationally, because the concept of a grindhouse double feature wouldn’t really translate overseas. But it looks like the concept didn’t even translate stateside. The Weinsteins would’ve been smarter to split the film here, but they didn’t. They decided to keep it’s integrity and lost a shitload of money. Remember how everyone freaked over the Kill Bill split? Looks like that was the right move.
[/quote]

When you say the Weinsteins would’ve been smarter your really saying they could have made more money… good for them… And yeh it kept its integrity… I dont really give a damn if the movies commercial or not… Thats right… im not saying that i dont want it to be successful… id like to see it become a cult classic…

Its not the same thing either Kill Bill was conceived as one film, it was released in two separate volumes due to its running time. ( which im not crazy about ) Grind House was a joint work by two directors… with the appeal of being a double feature… when i heard the title Grindhouse i thought… exploitation, B - movie, Double feature! i didnt immediately think money machine…

Also I don’t care to pay twice to see the same movie just because the producers are considering splitting the film into two segments for the rest of its theatrical run in an attempt to increase revenue… not so much for the money but why even call it grind house? And just what the hell are they going to do with the trailers anyway?

[/quote]

Not in Australia, NZ and UK. Granted Europe was gearing up for the split beforehand, but we were expecting the double feature. Because it does translate. Europe may be different. But my dad remembers the days of double features. Plus, Australia used to make a shitload of cool exploitation films back in the day. But for some reason, no one would like to remember it, even those who were there.