Anime Collabration

Listen I’am writing a an Anime script and I was wondering if someone wanted to collabrate with me. If you want to E-mail me or AIM me and I will get with you in a matter of seconds.

Being that you’re from Florida wouldn’t it just be an animated film?

Exactly.

Animation in the style of Japanese animation

sounds… interesting …but its a sort of difficult thing to break into purely as anime… people would probably give it more credit as an anime inspired animated film…

okay , well i was thinking about writing one and if you want to do it please let me know.

Well, really, all anime is is the Japanese name for animation. It isn’t really a genre unto its own. We have just made it one. It is spelt in Katakana, which indicates a foreign word. It is really only how they say animation. A Disney film would be anime to them. To us, anime is Japanese animation.

I though Japanese animation was called Japanimation, or did I just make that up. . . .

[quote=“Angel”]
Well, really, all anime is is the Japanese name for animation. It isn’t really a genre unto its own. We have just made it one. It is spelt in Katakana, which indicates a foreign word. It is really only how they say animation. A Disney film would be anime to them. To us, anime is Japanese animation.
[/quote]

True true but that really is the thing people have made it a genre unto its own, which really just creates a creative rift… western style Japanese style i dont want to be limited dammit! But i dont want to try and be anything im not so i guess i have to come up with my own style dammit!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I though Japanese animation was called Japanimation, or did I just make that up. . . .
[/quote]

That is another name for it.

I wouldnt know how to BEGIN to write for anime. GOOD LUCK!!! ;D

I think you just put a bunch of stuff together that doesn’t really

make any sense and give it some cheap ass animation.

I don’t know if I have the correct perception, but usually anime is targeted more towards mature audiences than western animation. I mean there’s no way they’re gonna show stuff like Berserk on Cartoon Network, if you know what I mean.So the difference is just more than the country of origin IMO.

I had started writing an anime screenplay quite a while back, but I always end up not having the necessary motivation to finish it off. Who knows perhaps some day I will.

My problem with anime is that they’re always translated word for word into

english with no concept of how American’s actually speak. The dialogue is

usually horrible and I just can’t get over that.

i wanted to try to make an AMERICAN orgin anime screenplay

[quote=“Scarface”]
I don’t know if I have the correct perception, but usually anime is targeted more towards mature audiences than western animation. I mean there’s no way they’re gonna show stuff like Berserk on Cartoon Network, if you know what I mean.So the difference is just more than the country of origin IMO.
[/quote]

That is just cultural differences. Exactly what I already said. We have grouped their animation and their style under their name for animation, anime. We made the genre. They were just making animation the way they were culturally inclined to.

I was working on an idea about the greatest warrior in the world, who was turned into a woman by a wizard because of his arrogance. It was to be done in an anime style. I might get back to it, but I had other things I’d rather write.

[quote=“DexPac”]
My problem with anime is that they’re always translated word for word into

english with no concept of how American’s actually speak. The dialogue is

usually horrible and I just can’t get over that.
[/quote]

When i get that a lot ( but more so in some manga that i read ) translations an art not a science, they could convey the exact same message/ intent / purpose without using painfully direct translation…

[quote=“Angel”]
That is just cultural differences. Exactly what I already said. We have grouped their animation and their style under their name for animation, anime. We made the genre. They were just making animation the way they were culturally inclined to.

I was working on an idea about the greatest warrior in the world, who was turned into a woman by a wizard because of his arrogance. It was to be done in an anime style. I might get back to it, but I had other things I’d rather write.
[/quote]

My idea was kind of a sci-fi epic taking place in the future Neo-Tokyo, where extreme liberalism is reigning supreme and everything is owned by the private sector, including the police force. The prison facilities consist of two huge fortified islands. All those people accused of the most atrocious crimes are sentenced to live on the island with the least natural resources available. In order to survive, these prisoners have no choice but to go on missions by traveling to the other island and steal all they need from there, where other prisoners with minor criminal charges are residing. Of course bloody clashes between the two groups is inevitable. All the while everything is being filmed and shown on one of the leading private television channels as a reality show. It’s pretty complicated and maybe a bit pretentious, but I can’t see the whole idea working in any other form besides anime.

I still say you’re better off just calling it an animated film. In fact it would probly

sell better if you reffered to it a CGI film. You can argue that their both the same

all you want but the fact is when you say anime, people think of animation imported

from Japan. If anime fans are all you’re trying to attract you won’t do any better than

an american cult following.

[quote=“DexPac”]
I still say you’re better off just calling it an animated film. In fact it would probly

sell better if you reffered to it a CGI film. You can argue that their both the same

all you want but the fact is when you say anime, people think of animation imported

from Japan. If anime fans are all you’re trying to attract you won’t do any better than

an american cult following.
[/quote]

But if or when it goes to Japan, they would just call it anime anyway.

I don’t think he really cares, I am guessing that his point is to make an animated film that is directly influenced by Japanese animation. I don’t think he is trying to pass it off as honest to God anime.

[quote=“Angel”]

[/quote]

That sounds better then when you tried to explain it to me before ( then i was thinking wtf? )