An event film

It’s not anywhere near the style of Valkerie. It’s a QT movie, no doubt… Which means, #1. It’s brilliant, and #2. You’ll love it. Just be ready to read subtitles 70% of the time when you go see it.

This is one instance where I would subtly advise reading it if you’re an English-only speaker. At least up to the middle of the third act. Of course, we’re all going to go see it like 10 times at the theaters (I would think), so we’ll have plenty of chances to catch everything this film has to offer before the LONG wait for the DVD.

(edit: and with big Bob at the helm as DP, no doubt in my mind at all that it will be beautiful!)

[quote=“Charlie99”]I hope it does good, if it’s anywhere as good as Valkerie, then it will be awsome.
[/quote]

You’re kidding, right? Valkyrie was good, but without even having read the IB script I can tell you that they are 2 completely different movies. One is a “serious” film that tries to recreate some of the happenings surrounding the attempted assassination of A. Hitler, Basterds will be completely different in style, as Geoi has already pointed out. Like wild and entertaining, as QT has said, a “pop culture war movie”. Valkyrie wasn’t even that good. Don’t expect that kind of realism from IB though.

Valkyrie! I thought it was misspelled, but I went with it. I should know this though.

[quote=“Geoi”]
It’s not anywhere near the style of Valkerie. It’s a QT movie, no doubt… Which means, #1. It’s brilliant, and #2. You’ll love it. Just be ready to read subtitles 70% of the time when you go see it.

This is one instance where I would subtly advise reading it if you’re an English-only speaker. At least up to the middle of the third act. Of course, we’re all going to go see it like 10 times at the theaters (I would think), so we’ll have plenty of chances to catch everything this film has to offer before the LONG wait for the DVD.

(edit: and with big Bob at the helm as DP, no doubt in my mind at all that it will be beautiful!)
[/quote]

i’ll take your word for it that they’re two different movie.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
You’re kidding, right? Valkyrie was good, but without even having read the IB script I can tell you that they are 2 completely different movies. One is a “serious” film that tries to recreate some of the happenings surrounding the attempted assassination of A. Hitler, Basterds will be completely different in style, as Geoi has already pointed out. Like wild and entertaining, as QT has said, a “pop culture war movie”. Valkyrie wasn’t even that good. Don’t expect that kind of realism from IB though.
[/quote]

Maybe I need to read this script instead of making misstatments about IB. But, yes, I thought Valkyrie was a excellent film.

valkyrie… pshh please… :wink: are you comparing basterds to that, people? it was well-made film that was midly entertaining but nothing else… it’s not original material, it’s not a made-to-amaze movie, it’s not a Tarantino film, it’s basically a re-enactment of real-world material made with a brian singer budget… can we skip this tom cruise stuff now? haha

[quote=“Sebastian”]
valkyrie… pshh please… :wink: are you comparing basterds to that, people? it was well-made film that was midly entertaining but nothing else… it’s not original material, it’s not a made-to-amaze movie, it’s not a Tarantino film, it’s basically a re-enactment of real-world material made with a brian singer budget… can we skip this tom cruise stuff now? haha
[/quote]

YES! I was just being nice to the uninformed gentleman.

[quote=“Geoi”]
YES! I was just being nice to the uninformed gentleman.
[/quote]

I forgot where I am, if it’s not QT IB then…

I just hope this movie is a good as we all think and hope it’ll be, QT hasn’t let us down yet. ?????

haha some Death Proof bashers in here for sure, but all that matters is whether you’re having fun watching his movies or not

[quote=“Sebastian”]
haha some Death Proof bashers in here for sure, but all that matters is whether you’re having fun watching his movies or not
[/quote]

The majority of them, yes.