After Inglorious Bastards?

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
i saw a q&a w him once and that’s what he said… he mentioned it in his itw w. Seb, that it was actually the subtitle of the screenplay
[/quote]
right exactly what I meant!

Well if Inglorious Bastards does indeed get split up, instead of having “Vol. 2” or “Part II” maybe they can have the first part as “Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France” and the other part “Inglorious Bastards”

I dont even think Bastards is gonna be a real theatrical film. Its gonna be a TV mini series. 600 page script? No way can QT do a 2 hour movie out of that.

Fuck TV. I hope that ain’t true. Quentin was born for the big screen.

damn is the script REALLY 600 pages long?

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

Its gonna be like Band of Brothers I think. Im not shittin ya!

A feature then the mini-series. Remember QT said he had so many stories to choose from. So I guess he will pick his fave to turn into a feature, then he’ll make the mini-series from the rest.

yeah that’d be cool if they come out on dvd like real movies, with real extra features and so

We’ll see. I mean Im not gonna complain if I get to watch a fuckin 6 hour QT written-directed mini series as opposed to a 2 hour movie. I love going to the movies, but when you think about it, movies are only out for a few months and the rest of your life you gotta watch it on your home TV.

[quote=“Pete”]
We’ll see. I mean Im not gonna complain if I get to watch a fuckin 6 hour QT written-directed mini series as opposed to a 2 hour movie. I love going to the movies, but when you think about it, movies are only out for a few months and the rest of your life you gotta watch it on your home TV.
[/quote]
you’re fucking right!

but if I have to enjoy a DVD for the rest of my life, well I’d rather enjoy some cool stuff with extra features and all…even if it’s a mini serie!

IB is going to be a spaghetti western set in WW2. Imagine watching a spaghetti western in full screen on your tv set, it will lose like 80% of its coolness factor. IB should push QT’s visual creativeness even further, and visual movies demand a big screen to be wholly appreciated. That’s what I think anyway.

Biohazard’s idea sounds cool though.

[quote=“Scarface”]
IB is going to be a spaghetti western set in WW2. Imagine watching a spaghetti western in full screen on your tv set, it will lose like 80% of its coolness factor. IB should push QT’s visual creativeness even further, and visual movies demand a big screen to be wholly appreciated. That’s what I think anyway.[/quote]

I agree with ya. Of course we all want to see it on the big screen, but if I have my choice of watching a QT mini series or a 2 hour film, I gotta go with the mini series.

hahaha like I gotta worry about that…I’ve got a fucking projector at home, the screen is as big as my wall, and I don’t gotta worry about full-screen shit!

but the theater experience is something diefferent, I’ll watch the movie in a theater first of course!

i want IB to be like a mini series, but three films that all are 2 hours, coming out right after each other, and being released in one huge dvd box set. It should be his epic, he’s said that its his best stuff ever written.

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

Yeah. IB can be a trilogy of sorts if need be! Or a two parter…

You think Harveys gonna let him do a multi part movie epic after grindhouses flop? I doubt it. Kill Bill was only 220 pages and look how long that took! Now add on another 400 pages of script. Its not gonna happen unless QT trims it down ALOT. Id rather see his original vision than some trimmed down movie that will only be out for a few months in theaters.

well it could be released as a three part epic…the reason for the grindhouse flop was that it was just too long for normal movie goers. I mean i didnt think it was that long, or atleast it didnt seem it, but most people think that it was just to long and didnt understand where it was coming from. So if he did 3 two hour movies all filmed at once and released close to each other, then i think more people would be inclined to see it. You got the QT fans, normal movie goers, the war fans, the spaghetti western fans…it could work, and if they like the 1st one they’d want a 2nd and 3rd. I’d imagine that if it came out to theatres it would have to be something like this. However, i’d assume its going to be a mini series, or maybe a movie and miniseries, who knows.

ha inglorious bastards volume one two and three.

[quote=“KILL BILL vol.3”]
well it could be released as a three part epic…the reason for the grindhouse flop was that it was just too long for normal movie goers. I mean i didnt think it was that long, or atleast it didnt seem it, but most people think that it was just to long and didnt understand where it was coming from. So if he did 3 two hour movies all filmed at once and released close to each other, then i think more people would be inclined to see it. You got the QT fans, normal movie goers, the war fans, the spaghetti western fans…it could work, and if they like the 1st one they’d want a 2nd and 3rd. I’d imagine that if it came out to theatres it would have to be something like this. However, i’d assume its going to be a mini series, or maybe a movie and miniseries, who knows.
[/quote]

Ya know the only other thing I could see would be like a Lord of the Rings type thing. Shoot all three at once. Release them separately, He may do that too. But goddamnit, I dont want to wait like a year in between movies of ONE story! That would suck.

[quote=“Pete”]
Ya know the only other thing I could see would be like a Lord of the Rings type thing. Shoot all three at once. Release them separately, He may do that too. But goddamnit, I dont want to wait like a year in between movies of ONE story! That would suck.
[/quote]

Look at it this way then. You’d get a QT movie each year for three years straight. When was the last time that happened? Never. QT always takes a minimum of a three year break between movies anyway, so it’s not a problem really.