The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

A Tarantino Tradition (with cheese)

A couple of years back, I don’t know how old I was (maybe 12), I went over to a pals house. This pal of mine who I’m now proud to call my best friend called me up that day and told me all about this tape he’d come across that I had to see. Now I liked movies, I was a fan, and I was the first to suggest a trip to the movies over anything else. But I was not a geek, and if I’m proud to say this pal of mine is now my best friend I’m even more proud of now being a film geek. Where most people wouldn’t have a passion in the world all the days of their lives I had stumbled across something that is without a doubt the thing for which I have the most affection for. I’m a film geek and fuck you if you have a problem with it. This tape started all this.

I went over later in the day, in no particular rush to watch anything. When I got there we ended up hanging out the rest of the day, the tape all but forgotten, stayed the night. The following morning we both woke up cranky as all hell (not morning people) and stumbled down the fucking steps to his basement where his TV hook up is. Remembering what I went over there to do in the first place he popped in the tape. The tape was Pulp Fiction. And to say the fucking least, we were wide awake in seconds flat. I had no idea what I had just experienced. In fact neither of us did (he hadn’t really seen it). Being to young to really understand what I had just witnessed I quickly disregarded it in the moment but filed it away for later, one day I would go back and see it again.

From that moment forward film became my life. Nuf said.

Two years later I came across the DVD in a Fred Meyer. I bought it. And holy shit. My life of film became an existence of film. And I couldn’t have been happier. That year I happened to pop the movie in on my birthday. The next year I did the same. Tomorrow I plan to do the same.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite flick, Quentin Tarantino is my favorite filmmaker. Maybe it’s just because of the role it had in shaping my future but that’s enough. I enjoy the hell out of it. Breakfast at Denny’s, Pulp Fiction, and after the cake and candles, I’m going to Duplicity with my best friend. I couldn’t ask for more on my birthday.

Cool. 8)

Happy birthday, first !

I have to tell you that I checked out this thread cause the topic title sounded like a Tarantino traditional food with cheese, ahah, and I was hungry :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s none of that unfortunately.

thanks mac. But that traditional tarantino food with cheese ain’t a bad idea…

Give cheese a chance!

Now I want Nachos with cheese. I shouldn’t talk about food :-</E>