70's Funk

I am witting a script I want to put some 70’s funk/R&b could you’s give me some great songs and great bands or solo singers kind of bands like the brothers Johnson.

thank you.

[quote=“Jjp”]
I am witting a script I want to put some 70’s funk/R&b could you’s give me some great songs and great bands or solo singers kind bands like the brothers Johnson.

thank you.
[/quote]

The Gap Band "you dropped a bomb on me"

also try to listen to Earth, Wind, and Fire and The Commodores (lionel ritchie’s old band)

Kool and the Gang and Parliament are two of my faves.But also check

out Rare Earth and Con Funk Shun. Otis Redding is late 60’s but for old

school R&B it’s never gotten better than him.

Also try going to cdnow.com and searching for 70’s funk. There’s gotta be

a shitload of compilation cd’s

WAR

The Bar Kays

Ohio Players

Brick

B.T. Express

Dazz Band

Isley Brothers

thanks. I’m using these for one segment of my movie which is supposed to be like a 70’s blacksploitation film.

Im gona use otis redding sitting on the dock of the bay for the one scene.

Nothing wrong with a little Jackson Five :slight_smile:

[quote=“Jjp”]
Im gona use otis redding sitting on the dock of the bay for the one scene.
[/quote]
like in the movie Top Gun?

I never seen top gun what scene is it used on in it? im not using it in the credits im using it for a car scene the guy puts it on in the radio.

[quote=“Jjp”]
I never seen top gun what scene is it used on in it? im not using it in the credits im using it for a car scene the guy puts it on in the radio.
[/quote]
you’ve never seen top gun? what fucking planet are you from?

I have no interest in seeing the movie.

And im not a Cruise fan.

Sitting on The Dock of the Bay is used in the scene where Maverick is visiting Charlie at her house. He talks about how his mother used to love the song etc. Top Gun blows dog btw. :

Any other artists?

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
you’ve never seen top gun? what fucking planet are you from?
[/quote]

LoL!

I hate Top Gun. A friend of mine says that there are two types of people in this world. Those who like Top Gun and those who don’t. Sure I might have liked it, and of course since he told me that I’ve been against the movie, only because I have to be the black sheep of the group. And I guarentee you that most of everyone on this board likes the movie as well. So, just to retain my love…I still hate Top Gun.

I loved Top Gun in 1986 when I was 12, but back then everyone loved it and the “taste in film” half of my brain hadnt fully developed yet. It was the #1 movie of that summer. It took me a few years to realize it was a piece of shit. haha.

JJP: More Funk bands you might like to use in your flick:

Earth Wind and Fire

Joe Tex

James Brown

Sly and The Family Stone

The Meters

Tower of Power

Afrikka Bambaata (Electro Funk)

Tower of Power blows huge cock

“Iceman…snif,snif…you stink”

More like:

“snif, snif…Top Gun stinks”"

Did anyone see “masked and anonymous”? I was just thinking about Val Kilmer since we were talking about Top Gun and I remembered the film. Back in my pothead years I stumbled across this movie. It had a ton of great actors like Ed Harris, Val Kilmer, and even Bob Dylan. Masked and Anonymous (2003) - IMDb

not a funk song but for the ending credits im using collision course by the marketts.