2010 - Track Your Films

Has anyone had a chance to see Abbas Kiarostami’s new film yet?

Youth in Revolt is a lovely film you ungrateful bashtard!

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Youth in Revolt is a lovely film you ungrateful bashtard![/quote]

I never said it was bad, just said “This pretty much looks like Kick-Ass meets Youth in Revolt.” which could mean that I don’t need to see it if I saw these 2. So :-* .

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Youth in Revolt is a lovely film you ungrateful bashtard![/quote]

I was gonna say the same thing about Kick Ass.

[quote=“G”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Youth in Revolt is a lovely film you ungrateful bashtard![/quote]

I never said it was bad, just said “This pretty much looks like Kick-Ass meets Youth in Revolt.” which could mean that I don’t need to see it if I saw these 2. So :-* .[/quote]

I didn’t want to see it before I went. I only went because my friends raved about it. The trailer is pretty awful. Trust me when I say that the film itself is far better than the trailer would have you believe.

[quote=“Angel”]

I didn’t want to see it before I went. I only went because my friends raved about it. The trailer is pretty awful. Trust me when I say that the film itself is far better than the trailer would have you believe.[/quote]

^that^ FUCK YEAH!

I’ll end up watching it, but I’m not going to force myself to like it because Wright directed it. You know, how like we would have to do with Tarantino’s films since we are “fanboys”, even though seriously, 10 years from now, the only Tarantino movie of worth to me would prob be Jackie Brown.

So I hope the love for this movie from you all isn’t because it’s an Edgar Wright movie (and the hype) and more about the movie itself. (See how fast Inception dropped from the hype.) I just don’t trust one movie Hollywood produces anymore honestly. Every year we complain about how bad the films are getting, but each year it’s getting worse. Name 1 movie so far you could really see winning an Oscar this year?

I like all of you truthfully, but I am just feeling I’m the outsider in this situation for not liking an Edgar Wright movie and not the movie itself. Hope that isn’t the case.

P.S., Look at all the responses coming from this. I guess differences makes us post more. Where is Mr. Pink at when you need him? ;D

I actually agree 100% with all that. Except the bit about you only remembering Jackie Brown in 10 years time, you know you’re lying to yourself right there!

BUT may I say that we have some interesting demographics in this forum. A large proportion of people live in the USA but we have Austrians, Frenchies, Aussies, NewZees, and all that. I’ll say “the hype” you’re talking about really varies from one country to another. Believe me, Scott Pilgrim didn’t get any kind of hype here in France yet. NOBODY ever talked to me about it, I’ve never seen anything related to it in the media. Also, you pretty much have to be quite the movie geek to know who Ed Wright is if you live in France. It’s just not the kind of movie that sells out there.

So if I tell you I’m not following any hype, just that Wright never disappointed me and I’m gonna watch SPvsTW for that reason only. Yes I may disappointed as I was by Funny People after loving The 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up, but it’s a risk to take. I’d much rather pay 9€with the risk of being disappointed, but true amazement on the other hand if the film is good, than just sit on my ass and wait for a risk free way to watch that movie and enjoy it a bit less if it’s good.

Don’t know if I made sense.

I’ve known about SPvsTW for a couple of years because I know Edgar, and I think he’s the most brilliant young filmmaker since Tarantino. I’m not a TOTAL Edgar Wright fangirl. I wouldn’t recommend a film of his just because it’s his film. I don’t even post in his section of the Pegg/Frost/Wright forum. I did watch it because Edgar made it, but I loved it because it’s fucking awesome. I was nervous that it wouldn’t be as good as I hoped it would be, but it ended up being even better than I’d hoped.

I hope you all didn’t take it personal, because like I said, I’ve talked to you all for 3+ years now, so your all my internet buddies. :wink:

[quote=“G”]I hope you all didn’t take it personal, because like I said, I’ve talked to you all for 3+ years now, so your all my internet buddies. :wink:[/quote]

Well, kind of. Cos, it’s like you don’t trust us enough to wager $9 and a trip to the cinema on it. That made me :frowning: . But then you said that we were internet buddies and that made me ;D .

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]But then you said that we were internet buddies and that made me ;D .[/quote]

Yeah me too. We’re total internet buddies. Though I feel “closer” to people that I’ve seen pictures of via Facebook or twitter.

(GRINDHOUSE, that’s your hint)

[quote=“RatQuiRit”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]But then you said that we were internet buddies and that made me ;D .[/quote]

Yeah me too. We’re total internet buddies. Though I feel “closer” to people that I’ve seen pictures of via Facebook or twitter.

(GRINDHOUSE, that’s your hint)[/quote]

I'm not on any soical networking (facebook, twitter, etc) though. :( And I'm not one to post my pics on a Tarantino fansite. We get more spam here than grocery stores. ;D

Spam are made by bots, they won’t judge you!

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Spam are made by bots, they won’t judge you![/quote]

I thought they can take your stuff and info.

He’s embarrassed of how he looks… We should respect his choice to stay shy. (even though I’d prolly think he’s FINE)

No I’m pretty sure bots are just there to stir shit up and hope you click their links, they can’t take your info, especially not photos.

I’m saying that while I haven’t posted any pictures on that board either :smiley:

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]No I’m pretty sure bots are just there to stir shit up and hope you click their links, they can’t take your info, especially not photos.

I’m saying that while I haven’t posted any pictures on that board either :smiley:[/quote]

You should do. You're HOTT!

I’m not NOT posting them because I have a lack of confidence. I wouldn’t say I’m hot but I’m not ugly and I have no shame showing my face. It’s just that lili put that idea on my mind to be all mysterious like her and I quite went along with it for a long time now :smiley:

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]I’m not NOT posting them because I have a lack of confidence. I wouldn’t say I’m hot but I’m not ugly and I have no shame showing my face. It’s just that lili put that idea on my mind to be all mysterious like her and I quite went along with it for a long time now :smiley:[/quote]

Well we have that in common.