2010 - Track Your Films

[quote=“cyber-lili”]Every foreigners might wish to visit the US, and every american might wish to visit Europe, that’s funny. My dream would be to do a road trip all over the USA, for like three weeks or a month. I’d love that. But I have no idea how much it’d cost. Say, like, how expensive is a train ticket from NYC to Philadelphia, Geoi ?

Btw Les Cahiers can call Apatow an auteur here cause he hasn’t much success. If he was this big commercial machine as in the US, it’d be different. But pretty much every intellectual critics, except from Les Cahiers, dig him now sicne Funny People but the reviews were pretty common for The 40 y.o. Virgin and Knocked Up.[/quote]

I think it’s around $50 to get to Philly from NYC. It was only $9 to get from just south of Stamford, CT to NYC. If I were you, I’d just rent a car. It’s easy to get around the east coast, like New England, on public transport, but get any further west than Philly and the trains are scarce. America is big. Too much to see for just a month of travel.

Yeah, I thought about renting a car, it’s not that expensive on a long time. And also thought I’d probably start with the east coast like for a week cause a month is too long, ahah. Though that’d be a dream. Just a month, on a road trip, so that I could compared the country directly instead of splitting the trip on several years.

We had a discussion about a possible road trip in the USA with my college friends yesterday. We want to rent a van to travel and sleep, we’d go from east to west through Vegas cause we love to gamble :smiley:

Well, if any of you ever get the chance, you know you’d have to swing through Texas. I’m only like 45 minutes from I-10, the southernmost interstate that runs from coast to coast. You could start in NYC, but I recommend site seeing in NYC before you rent a car, cos it’s useless to drive around Manhatten. Then go through Jersey a bit, and Pennsylvania from Philly to Pittsburgh, then West Virginia, and Cleveland and Cincinnati, Ohio, then through Louisville, Kentucky to Nashville, and then Memphis, Tennessee, then Little Rock Arkansas, then you can go through Oklahoma, or Texas from Arkansas.

I’m sorry, I got so carried away! Road trips are so fun, and I get all excited. I was just saying… You guys could crash here. I have an extra room with a bed, and a couple of air mattresses, as well as a pretty comfy couch. I could take you round San Antonio, you know, the Alamo and the Riverwalk and all that. Maybe even Austin if you wanted. Have a tour of Death Proof locations. Breakfast at Guero’s, and lunch at the Texas Chili Parlor, and then be stalkers and drive by Robert Rodriguez’s house and Troublemaker Studios.

The drive across the desert is super scary though. It takes like 10 hours just to get through west Texas to New Mexico from here, and I’m right in the middle of the state. And there’s like only two places to stop for 400 miles. Beautiful scenery, but it gets old after a couple of hours. And the border patrol checkpoints can be a bitch. But the speed limit is 85 mph, so you can go 90 without worrying about getting pulled over.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
I’m sorry, I got so carried away! Road trips are so fun, and I get all excited. I was just saying… You guys could crash here. I have an extra room with a bed, and a couple of air mattresses, as well as a pretty comfy couch. I could take you round San Antonio, you know, the Alamo and the Riverwalk and all that. Maybe even Austin if you wanted. Have a tour of Death Proof locations. Breakfast at Guero’s, and lunch at the Texas Chili Parlor, and then be stalkers and drive by Robert Rodriguez’s house and Troublemaker Studios.[/quote]

It would probably be sweet to crash at your place. That tour sounds great. :slight_smile: If I’ll ever get there, I’ll be glad If I could come to your place. I’d love to see Austin, the death Proof locations and the desert, and the border to new Mexico. I also want to beat up your ex and buy your kid an ice cream.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]

It would probably be sweet to crash at your place. That tour sounds great. :slight_smile: If I’ll ever get there, I’ll be glad If I could come to your place. I’d love to see Austin, the death Proof locations and the desert, and the border to new Mexico. I also want to beat up your ex and buy your kid an ice cream.[/quote]

Awww. :slight_smile: You’re on! If you ever make out here, you’ll have the best time ever. In Austin, we would have to catch a show at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. It’s a must do. Maybe QT will have another QT fest sometime in the next 10 years. It’s nearly impossible to get tickets unless you know someone, but I wouldn’t mind hanging out on 6th street hoping to accidentally spot him.

Kickass- 3/10 - annoying.

[quote=“blue_lou_boyle”]Kickass- 3/10 - annoying.[/quote]

Hm, I loved it. :-</E>

Since nobody gives a shit about the other threads right now, I’ll post all movie news here.

It’s being said that Reese Witherspoon has been offered a role in the new Paul Thomas Anderson film, that also stars Philip Seymour Hoffman in the lead and somehow Jeremy Renner (who I thought turned it down, but this news about Reese is saying Renner is in the film). It’s also said that a June start date is what they are eyeing (which I don’t see how).

Now with all that said, PLEASE PAUL, HURRY and bring back John C. Reilly! ;D

what’s even better: it seems that there is gonna be a live action reboot of the Ninja Turtles franchise on the horizon, with involvement of Michael Bay and his company! Where is Bay, there is money! And he’s probably gonna be a producer only, so it might not even suck!

Not THAT’S movie news.

Yeah, I am a geek.

[quote=“G”]Since nobody gives a shit about the other threads right now, I’ll post all movie news here.

It’s being said that Reese Witherspoon has been offered a role in the new Paul Thomas Anderson film, that also stars Philip Seymour Hoffman in the lead and somehow Jeremy Renner (who I thought turned it down, but this news about Reese is saying Renner is in the film). It’s also said that a June start date is what they are eyeing (which I don’t see how).

Now with all that said, PLEASE PAUL, HURRY and bring back John C. Reilly! ;D[/quote]

Yeah, John C.Reilly and Jon Brion! Come on, paul!

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]what’s even better: it seems that there is gonna be a live action reboot of the Ninja Turtles franchise on the horizon, with involvement of Michael Bay and his company! Where is Bay, there is money! And he’s probably gonna be a producer only, so it might not even suck!

Not THAT’S movie news.

Yeah, I am a geek.[/quote]

I really hope there isn’t another Ninja Turtles movie. I couldn’t stomach it. Ninja rap was the only good thing to come of those awful movies.

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]what’s even better: it seems that there is gonna be a live action reboot of the Ninja Turtles franchise on the horizon, with involvement of Michael Bay and his company! Where is Bay, there is money! And he’s probably gonna be a producer only, so it might not even suck!

Not THAT’S movie news.

I really hope there isn’t another Ninja Turtles movie. I couldn’t stomach it. Ninja rap was the only good thing to come of those awful movies.[/quote]

LOL! I have that mp3. But I would be STOKED to have another TMNT movie. Hopefully the humour won't be all lame.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“Angel”][quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]what’s even better: it seems that there is gonna be a live action reboot of the Ninja Turtles franchise on the horizon, with involvement of Michael Bay and his company! Where is Bay, there is money! And he’s probably gonna be a producer only, so it might not even suck!

Not THAT’S movie news.

I really hope there isn’t another Ninja Turtles movie. I couldn’t stomach it. Ninja rap was the only good thing to come of those awful movies.[/quote]

LOL! I have that mp3. But I would be STOKED to have another TMNT movie. Hopefully the humour won't be all lame.[/quote]

The Ninja Rap was epic, true, but I LOVE the first two movies, the third one is a waste of time. TMNT (2007) was meh.

I hope they don’t increase the violence too much, and make it dark and gritty. I hope they make it campy and fun, like it’s supposed to be. And bring back the freakin Pizza already. turtles eat Pizza!!!

Kick Ass is not as good as people say it is. It’s another example that I should listen to what people say. I was rather disappointed, even if it’s still a decent movie.

The Pianist - 4/5

I can’t believe it’s taken till now for me to fall in love with Polanski. Dudes a genius.

Frozen - 4/5 :o

Skiing… Me… Never…

Just watched “The Drummer” starring Jackie Chan’s kid Jaycee Chan. It was good. I liked it. I’ll order it on DVD. 4/5

Hellboy - 3.5/5

I dig his flicks but I think Del Toro might be a touch overrated.

Splice - 1.5/5

It’s got some good things in it, raises some interesting questions, but sadly it ain’t a good flick. Doubly depressing to me because it had the makings of a great movie. Although it was interesting to see a creature rape scene in a movie not made in the 70s. Never thought I’d see that on the big screen.

Jimmy Neutron - 4.5/5

I don’t care what anyone says, this flick brings a smile to my face every time I see it.

Serpico - 5/5

And Justice for All - 4.5/5

15 Minutes - 4.7/5

Mad Dog and Glory - 4/5