QT Vs. The Paparazzi

Hoxes, rumors, gossip, goings-on, scoop, links, tv, banter....
Pete
Fucking Professional

QT Vs. The Paparazzi

Post by Pete » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:46 pm

I just was looking around on YouTube and found this footage from a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyRoqXtt3w4

QT was pissed off.

You can hear the paparazzi guys at the end saying: Aww man, you ruined it! Hes cool!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucio Fulci

Re: QT Vs. The Paparazzi

Post by Lucio Fulci » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:14 pm

I already posted that video on the QT youtube topic  :P

moussemaker
Basterd

Post by moussemaker » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:29 am

http://x17online.com/celebrities/quenti ... 252008.php
QT bothered by a pap at Starbucks in Utah.  >:(

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:33 am

Fucking shitdicks don't wanna show what they did to piss him off.

Always so convenient, innit?
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:47 am

Hire me as your bodyguard Quentin. That dickhead would be buried in the snow by now.

mr blonde_22
Basterd

Post by mr blonde_22 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:15 am

well the shits gonna hit the fan with the papparazi soon with the heath ledger stuff, really they just need to back of and let celebs live their life

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:56 pm

QT does sound like a cool guy, and I can understand why he gets annoyed, but its part of the lifestyle.
Biohazard wrote: I already posted that video on the QT youtube topic  :P
Where is that?
Last edited by NonStop on Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:16 am

NonStop wrote: QT does sound like a cool guy, and I can understand why he gets annoyed, but its part of the lifestyle.

Where is that?
I don't blame QT one bit for making that little chicken-shit bastard flinch and run like a little pussy! 

There's a difference between FANS, and photo/video/autograph hounding fuckheads that think celebraties OWE their life to them merely because they're famous. 

The difference is.... RESPECT! 

They can tell if you're a fan, or just a little bitch wanting to make something off of their name.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Bad Max
Fucking Professional

Post by Bad Max » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:59 am

I hope Quentin atleast enjoyed his coffee.
The German will be sickened by us, the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us.

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Geoi wrote: I don't blame QT one bit for making that little chicken-shit bastard flinch and run like a little pussy! 

There's a difference between FANS, and photo/video/autograph hounding fuckheads that think celebraties OWE their life to them merely because they're famous. 

The difference is.... RESPECT! 

They can tell if you're a fan, or just a little bitch wanting to make something off of their name.
You don't get me. If you live a celebrity lifestyle, you have to expect that there are gonna be weirdo fans (though the guys in both videos were paparazzi) and paparazzi. Simple as.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:42 pm

NonStop wrote: You don't get me. If you live a celebrity lifestyle, you have to expect that there are gonna be weirdo fans (though the guys in both videos were paparazzi) and paparazzi. Simple as.
I hate people who proclaim utter nonsense like "That's the price you pay for being a celebrity". Paparazzi are increasingly being given free licence to get away with anything, no matter how unethical their actions are.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Scarface wrote: I hate people who proclaim utter nonsense like "That's the price you pay for being a celebrity". Paparazzi are increasingly being given free licence to get away with anything, no matter how unethical their actions are.
Exactly.  It's so crap.

I wonder what kind of coffee he was drinking.

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Scarface wrote: I hate people who proclaim utter nonsense like "That's the price you pay for being a celebrity". Paparazzi are increasingly being given free licence to get away with anything, no matter how unethical their actions are.
To be honest I do think thats the price they pay, no matter how unethical it gets (of course there have to be laws to try and stop it, but they gotta expect it). If they don't like it, do a Daniel Day Lewis. They get paid an utter fortune and then fans cry for them when paparazzi annoy them. As I said, if they don't like it, move away from it, simple as.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:59 pm

NonStop wrote: To be honest I do think thats the price they pay, no matter how unethical it gets (of course there have to be laws to try and stop it, but they gotta expect it). If they don't like it, do a Daniel Day Lewis. They get paid an utter fortune and then fans cry for them when paparazzi annoy them. As I said, if they don't like it, move away from it, simple as.
Ugh...  Okay, I see your point, that it IS to be expected.  Just like in my day job as a restaurant manager.  I have to deal with customers all day.  It's to be expected that I'll have to deal with a fucknut bastard or two every day.  I do my best to be professional, but I do get pissed off and irritated a lot. 

Point is...  Everybody has shit they have to put up with that isn't fair, and isn't right.  But for anyone to be harrassed like the paparazzi harrass celebrities, just fucking disgusts me to no end.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:03 pm

Dont forget, thats how those guys make $$. Im sure alot of them wouldnt fuck with famous people if they werent getting paid, but when they get $1,000 a photo, it must be kind of hard to back off.

I gotta say, when it comes to attention whores like Britney and Paris, Lindsay etc, I wouldnt back off for a minute, Id make as much $$ off them as I could. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 pm

PutneySwope wrote: Dont forget, thats how those guys make $$. Im sure alot of them wouldnt fuck with famous people if they werent getting paid, but when they get $1,000 a photo, it must be kind of hard to back off.

I gotta say, when it comes to attention whores like Britney and Paris, Lindsay etc, I wouldnt back off for a minute, Id make as much $$ off them as I could. :)

Ditto.

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:46 pm

I am a big fan of Tarantino's movies.  But he acted like a d8ck to this guy.  The thing that bothers me most is that he thought this photographer was a local and not a pap.  I attended an event once which Tarantino was also at and he showed his as8 in much the same way he did in this video.  It really affected my views of him.  He is a talented filmmaker with a Jekyll and Hyde personality.  He needs to lay off the coke and take some anger management classes.    ??? >:(

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Yeah?  I've heard nothing but really positive things about how he is with his fans.  I have a friend that's met him twice, and says he's the most down-to-earth, level-headed celebrity he's ever met.

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm not the only one who has seen the darker side of Tarantino firsthand

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/22/sun ... -city/[url][/url]

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:32 pm

17 posts? Did you join this board just to rag on QT? Shut the fuck up.

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:15 pm

I was and am a fan of his Work.

The man I am not sure about.

And PutneySwope  the last time I checked this was a public forum where a person could say what they like. So why don't you shut up and have a little respect for people who have a different opinion than you do.
Last edited by nublob on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Riiiight. Riiight.

Lucio Fulci

Post by Lucio Fulci » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:23 pm

nublob wrote:
I'm not the only one who has seen the darker side of Tarantino firsthand

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/22/sun ... -city/[url][/url]
Well, he's a fucking human being, just because he's a celeb it doesn't mean he's going to greet all of his "fans" with a huge smile and a hug. We all have our days, and maybe he was feeling down that day - I wouldn't trust any weirdo that approached if I were in his shoes. I would've actually said something like, "Shove off dickhead, I'm not your fucking muse" or or or something extremely rude like "I'm too good for your sorry ass, now beat you working-class filth" - that oughta teach you!

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:41 pm

QT does not like to take pictures with anyone. Unless it's our own Sebster.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:43 pm

LOL!

I know QT doesnt like to do autographs at his film fests but this is the first time Ive heard him say no to a photo. But whatever, its a free country, he doesnt have to do shit for anyone at any given time.

Look at his photo topic, how many fuckin people has he posed with? Probably 100 X more than the 2 or 3 he didnt.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FilmGuy
Real McCoy

Post by FilmGuy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:55 pm

I think QT's right to be annoyed. Someone like him (especially him) understands the nuances of fandom. Most people are just star-struck and inconvenience him even though they're not really fans. True fans appreciate pictures and autographs but are first and foremost respectful. I can't imagine a young QT standing outside a Starbucks with a video camera waiting for Brian De Palma to come out.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:12 pm

FilmGuy wrote: I think QT's right to be annoyed. Someone like him (especially him) understands the nuances of fandom. Most people are just star-struck and inconvenience him even though they're not really fans. True fans appreciate pictures and autographs but are first and foremost respectful. I can't imagine a young QT standing outside a Starbucks with a video camera waiting for Brian De Palma to come out.
That's EXACTLY what I think.  Well put.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:22 pm

I also agree. Im sure QT can tell whos a fan and whos not just by how they approach him.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Yeah, and the look of pure admiration in their faces.  He, of all people, would know that look and that feeling, and I don't think would piss on it.

Lucio Fulci

Post by Lucio Fulci » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SGuU3yU4vQ

Worst case scenario. At least you weren't this guy nublob.  ;D

Can the man have some privacy to drink his fucking coffee!