Reservoir Cats & other parodies

Talk dogs! The cult-gangster flick. Everything about Reservoir Dogs, when the KBILLY Supersounds of the 70s continue...
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Reservoir Cats & other parodies

Post by Sebastian » Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:42 pm

anyone seen the Itchy and Scratchy episode "Reservoir Cats" where they dance to suck in the middle with you and cut Tarantino's head off? it's dead funny.
what other Dogs parodies do you know?

Keener

Re: Reservoir Cats & other parodies

Post by Keener » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:39 pm

That was a classic. Sadly, that's the only one I know of. One time, I saw a comic sketch called "Reservoir Frogs", but it...well...sucked.

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:24 pm

"Quentin Tarantino's, WELCOME BACK, KOTTER" skit on Saturday Night Live is the only one that comes to mind.

toothpick_vic_vega

Post by toothpick_vic_vega » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:37 am

"Quentin Tarantino's, WELCOME BACK, KOTTER" skit on Saturday Night Live is the only one that comes to mind.
That was fuckin hilarious!!

Some of my favorite lines from the sketch:

Barbarino/Vic Vega: Your gonna die Mr Woodman I swear....

Up your nose with a rubber hose.

Squiggy: Oh yeah? Well Up your gizzard with a rubber lizard.

Mr Pink: Up your hole with a mellow roll!

Kotter to Epstein ( Sandler): Get outta here with your damn notes!!!

The_Lizard_King

Post by The_Lizard_King » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:49 pm

I think this is pretty funny. Just had to post this. Saw somebody write this on a message board and thought it was hillarious!

Reservoir Hot-Dogs - Starring Rik Waller as Mr. Herta. In the aftermath of a bungled supermarket heist the story gradually unfolds to introduce the frankfurter-coded gangsters and the planning of the crime bap by bap. Four "dogs" have survived after a police ambush - betrayed. What went wrong and who is the foot-long?

Incase you don't know who Rik Waller is, he's an exteremely overweight British singer.

Anyone got anymore funny stuff writen about R Dogs like that? Some of the parodies that are written on the net are funny as hell too!

Tacua
Hard Drinker

Post by Tacua » Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:24 am

Well not me buddy!

im_a_cop

Post by im_a_cop » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:54 am

Ok this isn't really a parody,but the song "Guns Blazing" by U.N.K.L.E featuring Kool G Rap contains the line,"more Reservoir Dogs than Tarantino".

Romain

Post by Romain » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:02 am

SURPRISE:

Click here: Reservoir Cats
This is a cool stuff! ;D

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:31 pm

Ok this isn't really a parody,but the song "Guns Blazing" by U.N.K.L.E featuring Kool G Rap contains the line,"more Reservoir Dogs than Tarantino".
I got another rap lyric:

"Cause aint no need for that hustlers and hardcores,
Raw to the floor raw like Reservoir Dogs"-Red & Meth on HOW HIGH

Mr-White

Post by Mr-White » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:56 am

damn! i didn't know there were so many Res Dos parodies out there. i haven't seen any! i need to look for some.

mrs_blonde

Post by mrs_blonde » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:46 am

Man, that Reservoir Cats shit is hilarious. I've been waiting forever to catch it on TV. Another parody is in Good Charlotte's video for "Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous."

Puck

Post by Puck » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:02 am

So THATS why the ear scene from Reservoir Dogs seemed so familiar the first time I saw it.  I must have seen that episode of the Simpsons at least ten or fifteen times before I even saw the movie.

Lady_E

Post by Lady_E » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:31 am

Haha, the simpsons-parody is awesome!  :D

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:41 am

While watching the Conan O'Brien 10th anniversary special there was a commercial for a show called Coupling. The show looked REALLY gay and stupid as fuck, but i think it had a reservoir dogs parady in it. It shows three guys wearing the suits and glasses from RD walking in slow-motion in front of a brick wall. The show hasn't premiered yet, but i don't think i have the stomach to watch a shitty show like that to find out. anyone up to the challenge?

Puck

Post by Puck » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:43 pm

I saw it, but I'm not sure if it was a Dogs parody.  I think its safer to assume the morons behind that show were parodying the Good Charlotte music video without realizing that the video was parodying the Reservoir Dogs opening.

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:16 am

Probably right, but you never know.

Also, I just got the Family Guy Season Three DVD and there is an episode where Peter's friends say are remembering a time when Peter "Saved their butts" It goes to a flashback with Cleveland, Quagmire, and The guy in the wheelchair (Forgot his name) Tied up to chairs with balls in their mouths, and a cop and another guy looking at them. Then Peter bursts in with a huge knight's sword. Now, here i thought something totally random would happen like all the other skits in the show, but peter just yells "HYIA" and swings the sword at the guy, whom he hits and the guy falls. I laughed so hard that i spit my coke all over my friends couch. :'(
Last edited by BadMotherFucker on Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

toxicity866

Post by toxicity866 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:44 pm

Hey, I don't know if you noticed it after laughing, but after it dos that scene, Pater says 'Too bad I didn't get there before the sodomy'.

Also, I was watching Home Movies on Adult Swim, and they had posters up of movies they remade, one called 'Reservoir Cats' and another called 'Pulp Fashion'. Not the best way to mention them, but it's there.

mrs_blonde

Post by mrs_blonde » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:25 am

I think the ads for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy that ran on NBC were supposed to be a parody of the beginning. I'm not too sure because it had them walking in an alley or some shit like that.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:50 pm

download itchy and scratchy RESERVOIR CATS here:

http://www.itchy-und-scratchy.de/videos/is06.avi

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:25 pm

Jay-z also has a song called "Reservoir Dogs" on Vol.2 HNL

hes known as a big tarantino fan, i heard the first thing he does when he wakes up is watch pulp fiction

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:54 pm

That's me, man, I just didn't hope someone's going to believe it.
[img width=500 height=66]http://i41.tinypic.com/9sqlpu.jpg[/img]

Cherry Darling
Kiddo

Post by Cherry Darling » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:53 pm

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:15 pm

haha lovin it
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:19 pm

RavenMcCoy wrote: [img width=500 height=375]http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df9506/df950608.jpg[/img]
This is so bad. It's probably drawn by some uncreative guy who wants to make something and he made this. "Doctor Fun". Every character, who's name has word "fun" included is not worth seeing, especially if he is the main character in the cartoon. Looks like the thing we should laugh about is that everyone is potatoes, sorry mr. Creative Genius, Farley or something, you didn't hit the right group, 5 year olds haven't seen Reservoir Dogs.
[img width=500 height=66]http://i41.tinypic.com/9sqlpu.jpg[/img]

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:58 pm

who ells agrees Bleach should draw a parody?

reservoir cats vol 2

Dillon

Post by Dillon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:38 pm

Bleach wrote: Every character, who's name has word "fun" included is not worth seeing.
But what about Tom Fun! from the Vic & Bob sketch in Bang, Bang!

DuDEwith@GuN

Post by DuDEwith@GuN » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:53 pm

Yeah I recently found a sketch from MAD TV called Gimp Fiction .. I think. It  wasn't very funny, it was like a trailer. The best part about it was when it was listing the actors at the end and it said "and also Phil LaMarr" (who was a cast member from the show, he plays Marvin in the movie). Anyway just thought id mention it. Pretty dam cool site here.

CopperHead
Basterd

Post by CopperHead » Tue May 03, 2005 12:25 am

Laydback wrote: "Quentin Tarantino's, WELCOME BACK, KOTTER" skit on Saturday Night Live is the only one that comes to mind.

John Travolta: Oh my god Mr.Kotter I though you was gonna die I swear. LOL!! ;D

Black Mamba!
Real McCoy

Post by Black Mamba! » Tue May 10, 2005 10:55 pm

hmm...the resevoir cats cartoon. What is Quentin's message supposed to mean when his cartoon character is talking?

I thought that cartoon would be something he'd get mad about, but in the "making of kill bill" feature on the dvd he's actually wearing the itchy and scratchy shirt with his cartoon character on it.

FIG NUTZ

Post by FIG NUTZ » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:32 am

My friends and I are making a RD spoof called Reservoir Hot-Dogs before I even saw this site pretty much all the same camerangles and lines once we get it edited we'll try to get it on the net, threre are a few shots with parts of hands in them but give us a break we're only 14.