Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:06 am

When I sat down to watch the Golden Globes I expected everything but James Cameron cleaning up. What the fuck happened?! Avatar was fun but really, the blue fucking monkeys?!

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:10 am

It is RIGGED. Fucking George Lucas sat up front for no fucking reason.

What's funny is when the show kept going to break, the announcer was saying, "Hey Avatar fans, stay tuned to see if it wins". I was like WTF? Popularity contest. Oh well, it's just the Globes.

The Hurt Locker will win best pic and director at Oscars, like it did for Critics Choice a couple days ago. Waltz is a lock.

I liked the fact the Weinstein's Nine lost to Hangover. Should of went with Inglourious Basterds as your baby Weinsteins. ;D

Mr.Pink

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:14 am

I expected Avatar to clean up anyway. Atleast Christoph Waltz got best supporting actor.

User avatar
Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2378
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:04 am
Location: Austria

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 am

Avatar is still very fresh in people's minds, it just came out. Basterds was too long ago. That's why they call it the "award season". and that's a big reason why those handful of morons who decide who gets to win choose the big superflashy soulless Avatar over real quality.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:20 am

THE FUCKING SHOW IS RIGGED!!!!!!!! They were trying to get people to watch the Oscars. IT WILL NOT WIN THE OSCARS. Hurt Locker will. It was trying to pull dumb people to watch the Oscars.

The announcer kept saying shit about Avatar throughout the show, like that many Avatar fans was watching. I never seen the movie, nor do want to because it is trying to kill everything we know about movies.

CK, it is killing your cool Burt Reynolds, Chuck Norris action films and replacing it with CGI.

It is killing the art of films as well and replacing it with this shit as "art". James Cameron for best director? Yeah if he includes the 100s of people who actually made that movie with computers too.

Mr.Pink

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:39 am

James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:44 am

I guess there are exceptions to the awards season rule (Departed) but this is flabbergasting. How can a movie not even acknowledged for it's screenplay win an award for best picture? Director I sort of understand, it is a beautifully shot flick, it has a clear vision, but picture? It has to be the most poorly written of the better films I've seen this year. Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, even Up In the Air which I wasn't too fond of, are all better overall flicks.

Well, at least we have the Oscars now.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:46 am

Mr.Pink wrote:James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.
I wouldn't use overrated, more like assholes.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:48 am

*G* wrote:
Mr.Pink wrote:James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.
I wouldn't use overrated, more like assholes.
Perfect! Anyone that helps the visionary films of Michael Bay on to the big screen is an asshole.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:52 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:
*G* wrote:
Mr.Pink wrote:James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the most overrated directors of all time.
I wouldn't use overrated, more like assholes.
Perfect! Anyone that helps the visionary films of Michael Bay on to the big screen is an asshole.

Those listed are the guys that has and will turn film into digital and stunts into CGI. The "fans" (brainwashers) that need people to hold their hand to tell them what is good or not is helping this action take place. QT and Jason Reitman need to kick James Cameron's ass at the Oscars. Did you see them kind of mad when he was announced? I don't think it's because they lost, I think it's because Avatar won.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:58 am

*G* wrote: Those listed are the guys that has and will turn film into digital and stunts into CGI. The "fans" (brainwashers) that need people to hold their hand to tell them what is good or not is helping this action take place. QT and Jason Reitman need to kick James Cameron's ass at the Oscars. Did you see them kind of mad when he was announced? I don't think it's because they lost, I think it's because Avatar won.
It looked more to me that Reitman was really happy to just be there. Quentin's face, was a thin veil of false modesty. Understandably so I'd imagine. The end of cinema as we know it will be heralded in by the filmmakers we have awarded.

I wonder if in ten or twenty years Avatar will be remembered as anything more than the second highest grossing film of all time? I'd like to believe not. That makes me feel a little better. Just a little.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:58 am

QT should scalp that guy.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:02 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:QT should scalp that guy.
And all the people who saw it. Sorry Ordell. ;D

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 am

*G* wrote:
Ordell Rodriguez wrote:QT should scalp that guy.
And all the people who saw it. Sorry Ordell. ;D
Hey man, it was a fun fucking flick. You really can't deny that. Big battles, story, world, and all that other jazz. But that's where it fucking ends, a fun movie. If you saw it I think you might like it. I'd imagine now you're never gonna see it.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:11 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:
*G* wrote:
Ordell Rodriguez wrote:QT should scalp that guy.
And all the people who saw it. Sorry Ordell. ;D
Hey man, it was a fun fucking flick. You really can't deny that. Big battles, story, world, and all that other jazz. But that's where it fucking ends, a fun movie. If you saw it I think you might like it. I'd imagine now you're never gonna see it.
You will have to pay me to watch it now. ;D

Mr.Pink

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 am

I would rather get my testicles ripped off than watch Avatar.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:21 am

Mr.Pink wrote:I would rather get my testicles ripped off than watch Avatar.
It's funny, I think you are becoming more liked on here, while I have been here 3 years and it seems I am starting to be disliked. ;D Atleast I always thought you were fun to have around on these boring ass forums these days.

Mr.Pink

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:25 am

*G* wrote: It's funny, I think you are becoming more liked on here, while I have been here 3 years and it seems I am starting to be disliked. ;D Atleast I always thought you were fun to have around on these boring ass forums these days.
Who says I was disliked? :D Nah I dunno im just really pissed off that Avatar got all these fucking awards.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 am

Mr.Pink wrote:
*G* wrote: It's funny, I think you are becoming more liked on here, while I have been here 3 years and it seems I am starting to be disliked. ;D Atleast I always thought you were fun to have around on these boring ass forums these days.
Who says I was disliked? :D Nah I dunno im just really pissed off that Avatar got all these fucking awards.
I know I am being disliked because some people like to criticize others opinions and likes, and can't take it back. I get crap because I like the Doors because there not "underground enough" or "too popular", then I get shit because I think the Beatles are overrated. Like I am in the middle of snobby people & mainstream people and get shit from both because I like and dislike both.

Mr.Pink

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 am

*G* wrote: I know I am being disliked because some people like to criticize others opinions and likes, and can't take it back. I get crap because I like the Doors because there not "underground enough" or "too popular", then I get shit because I think the Beatles are overrated. Like I am in the middle of snobby people & mainstream people and get shit from both because I like and dislike both.
Oh yea people should just be accepted for what they like. So what if the Doors were "too popular" thats no excuse to not like their music. If you think the Beates are overrated then thats your opinion but you shouldnt be disliked or hated for it.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:46 am

Mr.Pink wrote:
*G* wrote: I know I am being disliked because some people like to criticize others opinions and likes, and can't take it back. I get crap because I like the Doors because there not "underground enough" or "too popular", then I get shit because I think the Beatles are overrated. Like I am in the middle of snobby people & mainstream people and get shit from both because I like and dislike both.
Oh yea people should just be accepted for what they like. So what if the Doors were "too popular" thats no excuse to not like their music. If you think the Beates are overrated then thats your opinion but you shouldnt be disliked or hated for it.
Exactly. Also I am actually the only one that I know at my age that even knows who the Doors are outside of this forum, so to me, they are not popular, so I can give a shit what people thinks anymore.

Mr.Pink

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:51 am

*G* wrote: Exactly. Also I am actually the only one that I know at my age that even knows who the Doors are outside of this forum, so to me, they are not popular, so I can give a shit what people thinks anymore.
Well im 14 and I know for a fact that there is definantly no one my age that is into the music I like or even the movies I watch. Seriously I must be the most different 14 year old in New Zealand.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 am

Mr.Pink wrote:
*G* wrote: Exactly. Also I am actually the only one that I know at my age that even knows who the Doors are outside of this forum, so to me, they are not popular, so I can give a shit what people thinks anymore.
Well im 14 and I know for a fact that there is definantly no one my age that is into the music I like or even the movies I watch. Seriously I must be the most different 14 year old in New Zealand.
As much as you hate Americans, so you say, you are actually alot like the average American. So yes, you probably are the most different New Zealander.

User avatar
Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1881
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 am
Location: Milla's Womb
Contact:

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:59 am

It was a good night to see Merryl Streep and Marty Scorsese. I honestly thought Basterds was going to get the screenplay award, but I suppose it's getting the Oscar. I mean who knows, PT Anderson was snubbed by No Country For Old Men in every category. And James Cameron has too much power and influence to loose in the Academy Awards - such things as votes come by friendship I must imagine.

Honestly, Basterds is till the best film of the year. "Up In The Air" is a good film that was well acted but the film itself isn't all that great. Well, it is what it is........ :(

Mr.Pink

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:00 am

*G* wrote: As much as you hate Americans, so you say, you are actually alot like the average American. So yes, you probably are the most different New Zealander.
I never said I hate Americans I said I hate this one American guy and that most people around the world hate America But I never said I personally hate Americans.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:02 am

Mr.Pink wrote:
*G* wrote: As much as you hate Americans, so you say, you are actually alot like the average American. So yes, you probably are the most different New Zealander.
I never said I hate Americans I said I hate this one American guy and that most people around the world hate America But I never said I personally hate Americans.
I got ya. ;)

User avatar
Dead Zed
Kiddo
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Mediterranean

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by Dead Zed » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm

I don't care much about these awards, but here's a funny little bit on Avatar if you haven't seen it, warning SPOILERS ;) :

Image

User avatar
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5446
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 am
Location: France

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 pm

*G* wrote: Exactly. Also I am actually the only one that I know at my age that even knows who the Doors are outside of this forum, so to me, they are not popular, so I can give a shit what people thinks anymore.
Mr.Pink wrote: Well im 14 and I know for a fact that there is definantly no one my age that is into the music I like or even the movies I watch. Seriously I must be the most different 14 year old in New Zealand.
Ahah. You guys can't be serious. I mean, The Doors are popular, loving Tarantino is popular. You sure are no different than anybody else, seriously. If your friends or people around you don't know Tarantino nor The Doors (I'm not saying that they necessarely can't name a song by The Doors or have seen every Tarantino), then you're living in a very small village.

For me, people who try to think they're different but still love popular stuff, are ashamed to be like anyone else. I'm not saying you guys are just regular persons and are no different. But try to convince us you're different with other reasons than jsut "I hate Avatar, but everybody else I know love it ; I hate Michael Bay, but everybody else I know loves his movies ; I can afford to buy Criterions, but everyone else I know loves pop corn in theater ; I like The Doors and dislike The Beatles ; and so on and so on". Come here where I live, and just see that everybody KNOWS The Doors and love TARANTINO, then yeah, you have LOTS of efforts to make to be really different. And at that point, maybe you won't want to be different anymore, cause what's the point ?? Everybody is both different and the same and nobody CARES.

Oh and btw, Avatar will do the Titanic-oscars-success again. I'm sure of it. And I'm not saying I'm all for it. But it would not be surprising at all if he wins almsot everything just like in the Golden Globes.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:50 pm

What the fuck are you talking about? I never said I think different. I said I am gettng shit because I like both mainstream things and the "snob-type", "art" stuff. I never said I dislike something because others do. Also I don't live in a small village, I live in a place called America where no one knows nothing about things past 2 years ago. People are that dumb here.

2nd of all where do you get off talking shit about me? I can't afford Criterions all the time, but I buy them because I rather watch a movie like that then fucking Transformers in 3d. To answer the question why Criterions are so much money is because here in America (where Criterions are made), retail stores don't have them. You have to either buy online or a Barnes & Nobles type store. Criterions are not flooding retail stores you know.

To go back, I never said I try to think different. Where did you read that? It's amazing to me the shit I am getting over fucking nothing. Mr. Pink said it, but I sure fucking didn't. I was just posting why I am getting shit for NOT trying to be different like a F.W. is trying to be or stay in the "mainstream" light like the Scarface-Beatles shit. I like what I like and other people can go fuck off. But to put on an "ACT" like some people do on here, where they like stuff that other people don't just so they can sound cool on here, that isn't me, but there are those on here, and you and me both know it.

To go on the little AVATAR crap, I won't watch it. It's my choice and I don't care if you seen it, your mom seen it, my mom seen it, James Cameron's mom seen it, it doesn't matter. I am not trying to be different to please a person that lives in another country on the fucking computer. ;D Do you get what I am saying? I still don't know where you got I was trying to be different on purpose, when there are some people on here I would question that before myself. I am not trying do some fucking internet fight either, just don't know where you got that.

So back to being friendly we go. O0

User avatar
cyber-lili
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5446
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:13 am
Location: France

Re: Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right.

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:15 pm

AHah, yeah first of all, sorry cause I never meant to criticize or be mean. I hate mean people. But I wanted to have some reaction and I got it, ahaha. But sorrry again.

So here's my point : I didn't mean you tried to be arrogeant, elitist or whatever cause obviously you're not like the Harmony Korine lovers ;D (ok, I get that in a close future I'll have to apologize again to Harmony Korine fanbase too). I precisely quoted your post and Mr Pink posts to point out what I meant : you said in other words, "I feel different cause none of the people of my age know The Doors" and Mr Pink said, in other words, "I feel different cause none of the people of my age are into the same music or movies I like" ence, none of them might like Tarantino, or The Doors, or whatever. And I was just saying : hey guys, there are LOADS of young people of your age loving BOTH Tarantino and The Doors. That's not being different. So you either live in a village where noone know The Doors nor Tarantino, nor have the internet ; or your friends aren't very into culture.

In a way, it was an invitation to feel like anybody (not saying loving The Doors and Tarantino is mainstream but that's def not being being picky and trying to be different and arrogeant) or to change friends and have new ones with more culture or more into music/movies you like cause it's easy to find.

Now I get your point about that so-called country America but is that true and not a stereotype that people don't know old stuff ? I mean, in France people don't know all the old stuff neither and they certainly have not all culture BUT it feels like it's a stereotype to say americans are dumb and not interested in culture that much. Or maybe it's true but then really sad.

But you still should be proud of your country cause it's the place to buy Criterions !!!! And no, it was a joke about the Criterions, you're not trying to be special or different or arrogeant when you buy them, you just make me jealous ;D

So yeah, feel free to tell me anything else and tell me that you understood I didn't want to mean, just wanted to shake things a bit.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests