QTs New Film: DJANGO UNCHAINED (THE "SOUTHERN")

[quote=“Dead Zed”]And to all the people looking for the script, just search for it on filestube.com or some other filehosting search engine.[/quote]
What the fuck is th point in that?? Its like jerking off to a chick right before you fuck her.

That’s how we roll.

can anyone send me the script, please?? thanks in advance

my mail is: pd_ruigomez@hotmail.com

a german article on Django Unchained, written by me: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.viceland.com/blogs/at/2011/0 … teht-fest/”>http://www.viceland.com/blogs/at/2011/05/07/der-beste-film-von-2012-steht-fest/</LINK_TEXT>

for some reason i cannot post or comment in the german section…

[quote=“Dead Zed”] I think Chiwetel Ejiofor (Salt, Redbelt, Children of Men) could also fit the part…[/quote]

Excellent choice. He has such a wide range of acting ability. I kinda feel like Smith would be a distraction, rather than a plus to the film. Yeah, Smith is good, ‘seven pounds’, ‘7 degrees of separation’.

I just wonder if he can ‘become’ more of the part and less of the star.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“Dead Zed”]And to all the people looking for the script, just search for it on filestube.com or some other filehosting search engine.[/quote]
What the fuck is th point in that?? Its like jerking off to a chick right before you fuck her.[/quote]

I agree. I don't want to read the script. It'll spoil the film orgasm I am seeking by seeing it on the big screen. No preconceived notions, not knowing what comes next. That's what I'm looking forwards too.

[quote=“roulette67”][quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“Dead Zed”]And to all the people looking for the script, just search for it on filestube.com or some other filehosting search engine.[/quote]
What the fuck is th point in that?? Its like jerking off to a chick right before you fuck her.[/quote]

I agree. I don't want to read the script. It'll spoil the film orgasm I am seeking by seeing it on the big screen. No preconceived notions, not knowing what comes next. That's what I'm looking forwards too.[/quote]

true.

and I LOLed hard at Mr. Pink’s comment. XD

I really hope Omar Doom, Eli Roth, or any of QT’s other mates - who bring fuck all to a film if not serve to weaken it - aren’t in Django Unchained. For me, the integrity of IB (and DP) was tarnished by having jokers like those two in them. It did used to be the case that QT chose the RIGHT actors for the right roles, but after DP and IB, it’s just not the complete case anymore.

Also, I’m a bit sceptical of people’s reviews of the script at the moment. I remember when the script for IB leaked, and there were some rave reviews about it, with QT apparently back on form with his trademark dialogue. However, it ended up being the least Tarantinoesque dialogue I’ve ever heard. I’m not saying it wasn’t good, it just wasn’t classic QT in terms of word play and wit. It was mostly serious in tone. I thought KB’s dialogue was vastly superior anyhow. Even QT said it was the greatest thing he’d ever written, but I thought it was far from it.

IB was a disappointment, albeit not a huge one, but I did feel underwhelmed nonetheless. It WASN’T “the masterpiece” it was hyped to be. It actually felt like a poor man’s Kill Bill. With that said, I do not have any sort of expectation from Django Unchained. I would be doing myself a disservice. Therefore, I won’t be reading the script (maybe the occasional bits of dialogue), and my excitement will be muted.

The news about Will Smith isn’t really a surprise. I think he’s doing the same thing he did with Pitt in IB.

and with Smith they will bring Sony on board (actually vice versa, from a studio point of view), and I say it is about time Smith did some proper movies again. All he has been doing is one man shows and big budget half assed pop corn bullcrap, so I hope he will step up to the challenge and act out a Tarantino character. I am sure he can do it, the question is if he has the maturity and the balls for it. Who knows, it might be his oscar role

I agree with Seb. Smith has been depending upon charisma and charm to get him thru his fluff movies. ‘with the exception of seven pounds.’

If he takes it seriously and acts his proverbial ASS off, he could make it work. You can’t phone in a Tarantino part. His characters are too complex.

Will Smith will get people in the seats which considering the plotline it will be hard to get the general public (non-Tarantino fans) in. And you have to admit the idea of Will Smith and Samuel Jackson at odds with each other is intriguing esp when you throw in Waltz. Is it his best work Eh who cares even at his worst he is still more interesting than 80% of the filmakers working today. I’ll take the worst he has to offer over 90% of the films being produced today.

[quote=“Sebastian”]and with Smith they will bring Sony on board (actually vice versa, from a studio point of view), and I say it is about time Smith did some proper movies again. All he has been doing is one man shows and big budget half assed pop corn bullcrap, so I hope he will step up to the challenge and act out a Tarantino character. I am sure he can do it, the question is if he has the maturity and the balls for it. Who knows, it might be his oscar role[/quote]

according to Deadline Sony is on board now. Will Smith is still pondering ...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/foreign-for-quentin-tarantinos-new-spaghetti-western-django-unchained-going-to-will-smiths-home-studio-sony-even-though-universal-tried-hard/

With Sony onboard I’m sure management can browbeat him into signing on :smiley:

Robert Knepper (T-Bag from Prison Break) has GOT to play Calvin Candie. He’d be PERFECT.

Ify: I agree with you on the friends casting too. That didnt help his last two films at all.

After reading the new script I can say that its one of QTs best as far as whats on the page. Its really not like anything hes done so far either. Its a western style adventure story set in the slavery era South during the 1800s. So no, People arent gonna be talking about Royales with Cheese and making references to Lee Marvin and Trix (haha). But I really enjoyed the way the people spoke in this story, and its neat to hear QTs take on that old fashioned wordplay. The way Id describe it is: if QT was a popular novel writer back then, this would be his new paperback western or southern. So as far as the dialogue/writing goes, its beautifully done. There were certain parts (very very few) that I wasnt completely thrilled by, but those things can always be worked out when theyre actually filmed.

Now how the film is cast/shot/scored etc is another thing. I really dont know if QT plans on making it a huge epic or a more medium sized piece, but I have no doubt it will be an exciting film when its all done. Its def got alot of juicy roles for actors to get into. I hope QT brings back some familiar faces along with new ones.

P.S. After hearing about Will Smith as Django I went back and read it again visualizing him talking/acting the part and it definitely worked great. As we know even if youre not a huge fan of an actor, just the fact theyre working with QT can make them seem 100% cooler to you.

If this does actually star Smith and Waltz, wow that will be very neat to see.

I’ve read about 50 pages now. I. Can’t. Fucking. Stop.

PS. QT wrote this the role of the Bounty Hunter with Waltz in his mind, that’s for sure.

[quote=“jonitapani”]I’ve read about 50 pages now. I. Can’t. Fucking. Stop.

PS. QT wrote this the role of the Bounty Hunter with Waltz in his mind, that’s for sure.[/quote]

Thats a bingo. Jew Hunter…Bounty Hunter. :smiley:

[quote=“Pete”][quote=“jonitapani”]I’ve read about 50 pages now. I. Can’t. Fucking. Stop.

PS. QT wrote this the role of the Bounty Hunter with Waltz in his mind, that’s for sure.[/quote]

Thats a bingo. Jew Hunter…Bounty Hunter. :smiley:[/quote]

Ha, didn’t notice that before :smiley:

Question for anybody who has read the script: (like Pete)

What FEEL does the script have? Is it more mature and serious / quasi-serious (like Ingourious Basterds) or is more easy-going and geek-ish, like many parts of Kill Bill?

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]Question for anybody who has read the script: (like Pete)

What FEEL does the script have? Is it more mature and serious / quasi-serious (like Ingourious Basterds) or is more easy-going and geek-ish, like many parts of Kill Bill?[/quote]

Its definitely closer in tone/style to Basterds. Its like a blend of the spaghetti western/hixploitation/slave movie genres as seen through QTs eyes. But it really had to be more serious considering the racism aspect and the N word which is spoken freely throughout. That being said, it does still keep its adventure/bounty hunter edge and also has some scenes that are very funny. One in particular made me laugh out loud as I was reading it, just cuz of how QT wrote it. Its like a screwball comedy bit.