QTs New Film: DJANGO UNCHAINED (THE "SOUTHERN")

I’m also new in the forum. I’d really like to get my hands on the Django script, being a huge fan of Tarantino and spaghetti westerns, so if you do have it, please PM me. Thank you.

hey guys,i’m new here and i’m so pumped for his flick. it would be very kind if someone would post me the django script…i cannot wait!!! thanx

kingback@gmx.de

So, what are your thoughts on the script (no big spoilers)? I’ve read about 1/3 and stopped, don’t want to spoil any more… This was actually my first time reading a script and from what I’ve seen I thought it was a pretty good read, without a dull moment. Not terribly original or groundbreaking (remember I don’t know what happens later), but few westerns are and I can easily see this becoming one of my favorites, me being a huge fan of the genre, love practically all of them. Also, let’s not forget that spaghetti westerns are very heavily reliant on aural/visual presentation which we cannot get from the script…

This script reads more like a novel than any of his other scripts. Lots more background or back story than most of his other which makes it interesting. And Waltz should kiss the ground QT :-* walks on because it is a great role for him. I think this is probably his most personal script to date. You can tell by the writing that he feels very strongly about this story.

:police:

Hey guys,

Any chance you could email me the PDF? clayton.swartz@gmail.com

I’d be forever in your debt.

So I am a returning user (Beja87 or something like that), but it had been such a long time that I forgot my password, ugh. Anyways, I’ve got a new email and it’s glad to have some Tarantino news circulating the air again. If anybody has the pdf, send me a DM please, I would greatly appreciate it.

various sources are talking about Will Smith possibly playing Django.

Thoughts?

I think he is a great actor and he looks young enough. And he will bring box office dollars, which will ensure Tarantino’s high status in Hollywood.

<LINK_TEXT text=“/Film | Reporting the Reel World … unchained/”>Will Smith The Frontrunner For Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'</LINK_TEXT>

I kind wish he would go with someone a little less well-known just because Will Smith is the first actor people think of if you say we need a black actor for this role (well besides Denzel). Its an obvious choice and QT usually doesnt make obvious choices which I like. It makes his work more interesting.

That being said Will is a good actor and Im sure he’ll do a great job. I doubt QT will be able to afford him though. WIll Smith gets like what $20 million a film…

1. if he is known or unknown does not matter. what matters is if he is the right choice artistically. Quentin knows what he is doing, always has when it comes to casting.

2. He will go lower on the $ to star in a QT picture, if he knows what’s good for him. Starring in a QT picure is a career boost.

Example: Except Uma Thruman, none of the cast recieved any money for starring in Kill Bill, not even David Carradine.

If QT really does want Will Smith, then I believe he could make it work, but knowing Will Smith’s work and the general qualities he brings to his roles, I don’t really like him for a serious QT role like Django.

I initially was (and still am) really hoping that he would go more along the lines of one of the actors from The Wire such as Idris Elba (even though I’d prefer an American), or Michael K. WIlliams, who is now on Boardwalk Empire .

I say this based on what we know so far about the story. I haven’t yet been able to get a copy of the script. If anyone has it, could you PLEASE PM me??? I’ve been looking all over for it, dying to read it.

Edit: Emailing works too. ssias@usc.edu

Hopefully it will be a lot less Jewish than his last disaster of a film.

Not my favorite choice, but I think he’s a good actor who would do good and bring in the bucks. Aside from the people already mentioned, I think Chiwetel Ejiofor (Salt, Redbelt, Children of Men) could also fit the part…

And to all the people looking for the script, just search for it on filestube.com or some other filehosting search engine.

[quote=“Dead Zed”]And to all the people looking for the script, just search for it on filestube.com or some other filehosting search engine.[/quote]
What the fuck is th point in that?? Its like jerking off to a chick right before you fuck her.

That’s how we roll.

can anyone send me the script, please?? thanks in advance

my mail is: pd_ruigomez@hotmail.com

a german article on Django Unchained, written by me: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.viceland.com/blogs/at/2011/0 … teht-fest/”>http://www.viceland.com/blogs/at/2011/05/07/der-beste-film-von-2012-steht-fest/</LINK_TEXT>

for some reason i cannot post or comment in the german section…

[quote=“Dead Zed”] I think Chiwetel Ejiofor (Salt, Redbelt, Children of Men) could also fit the part…[/quote]

Excellent choice. He has such a wide range of acting ability. I kinda feel like Smith would be a distraction, rather than a plus to the film. Yeah, Smith is good, ‘seven pounds’, ‘7 degrees of separation’.

I just wonder if he can ‘become’ more of the part and less of the star.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“Dead Zed”]And to all the people looking for the script, just search for it on filestube.com or some other filehosting search engine.[/quote]
What the fuck is th point in that?? Its like jerking off to a chick right before you fuck her.[/quote]

I agree. I don't want to read the script. It'll spoil the film orgasm I am seeking by seeing it on the big screen. No preconceived notions, not knowing what comes next. That's what I'm looking forwards too.

[quote=“roulette67”][quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“Dead Zed”]And to all the people looking for the script, just search for it on filestube.com or some other filehosting search engine.[/quote]
What the fuck is th point in that?? Its like jerking off to a chick right before you fuck her.[/quote]

I agree. I don't want to read the script. It'll spoil the film orgasm I am seeking by seeing it on the big screen. No preconceived notions, not knowing what comes next. That's what I'm looking forwards too.[/quote]

true.

and I LOLed hard at Mr. Pink’s comment. XD

I really hope Omar Doom, Eli Roth, or any of QT’s other mates - who bring fuck all to a film if not serve to weaken it - aren’t in Django Unchained. For me, the integrity of IB (and DP) was tarnished by having jokers like those two in them. It did used to be the case that QT chose the RIGHT actors for the right roles, but after DP and IB, it’s just not the complete case anymore.

Also, I’m a bit sceptical of people’s reviews of the script at the moment. I remember when the script for IB leaked, and there were some rave reviews about it, with QT apparently back on form with his trademark dialogue. However, it ended up being the least Tarantinoesque dialogue I’ve ever heard. I’m not saying it wasn’t good, it just wasn’t classic QT in terms of word play and wit. It was mostly serious in tone. I thought KB’s dialogue was vastly superior anyhow. Even QT said it was the greatest thing he’d ever written, but I thought it was far from it.

IB was a disappointment, albeit not a huge one, but I did feel underwhelmed nonetheless. It WASN’T “the masterpiece” it was hyped to be. It actually felt like a poor man’s Kill Bill. With that said, I do not have any sort of expectation from Django Unchained. I would be doing myself a disservice. Therefore, I won’t be reading the script (maybe the occasional bits of dialogue), and my excitement will be muted.

The news about Will Smith isn’t really a surprise. I think he’s doing the same thing he did with Pitt in IB.