The Cast of Inglourious Basterds

I remember reading this one scene very briefly, and if it is filmed, it will be one fucked up feet shot, hahahah. Don’t spoil it for anyone.

[quote=“Ify”]
I remember reading this one scene very briefly, and if it is filmed, it will be one fucked up feet shot, hahahah. Don’t spoil it for anyone.
[/quote]

Yeah, he’s one sick puppy with that one, isn’t he? haha

Sooooooo…what the fuck, Samuel L. Jackson seems to be completely confirmed from a lot of sources as the narrator of Inglorious Basterds, why isn’t this news here?

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2008/10 … aggie.html”>http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2008/10/exclusive-samuel-l-jackson-maggie.html</LINK_TEXT>

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.filmofilia.com/2009/04/15/in … idol-clip/”>http://www.filmofilia.com/2009/04/15/inglourious-basterds-american-idol-clip/</LINK_TEXT>

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52811

…and more.

So i’m pretty sure Sam Jackson is narrating this bitch. I sure hope so, Jackson and Tarantino need to keep working together until they’re both old and gray I say, but i hope he gets a starring role in a Tarantino film soon because he’s been acting in some colossal shit lately.

In your first link, there is mention/rumor that Huppert was supposed to play Madame, but supposedly got fired/quit because of the lack of her commitment…I hope this won’t come to play at Cannes, Huppert being a gigantic part of the festival and all.

I am not able to help myself from imagining the Aldo Raine’s trailer monologue performed by another actor getting more into the character like in the case of Ezeikel monologue that became memorable for everyone with incredible contribution of Samuel L. Jackson.

I hope i will be surprised by Brad Pitt… But may be the problem: for some actors we can not consider them as the character they played such as Cruise and Pitt. In one movie; he is soldier Cruise, in another one he is youngboy Cruise, in other samurai Cruise…

[quote=“Beja87”]
In your first link, there is mention/rumor that Huppert was supposed to play Madame, but supposedly got fired/quit because of the lack of her commitment…I hope this won’t come to play at Cannes, Huppert being a gigantic part of the festival and all.
[/quote]

I was thinking this exact same thing the other day. I remember when Huppert was rumored for the role and that she dropped out over some bickering with Tarantino. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if that influences her as Head of Jury come election time, but she might be one of those rare people that don’t let her ego get in the way of her judgment. We’ll see, but Tarantino’s got it the toughest there I think,

Talk about bad timing! The lady he got rid of on Basterds is the president of the jury! Yikes! Why couldnt it have been Michael Moore or Takashi Miike? haha

[quote=“Pete”]
Talk about bad timing! The lady he got rid of on Basterds is the president of the jury! Yikes!
[/quote]
Actually it seemed that the “lack of commitment” issue was just a rumour and that, like I said it a few weeks ago, her refusal had to do with a more concrete issue : failing of agreement between her agent and the production for the amount of $$$$ she’d get for her role. If the rest of the jury is pro-IB, I can’t imagine her opposing to it for one reason: the juries have now a press conference after the Palme d’or in which they are supposed to justify their choices. So it does make the possibility of a president choosing a prize against the rest of the jury more difficult (this “rest” having now the possibility to complain in public). This wasn’t the case before. But all of this works in case the rest of the jury were pro-IB, of which I doubt since this jury seems more interested in social and political issues.

That chick that made an arse of herself in '94, when Quentin won the Palme d’or, was on the jury, right? She felt that Pulp shouldn’t have won. Man, she was ticked.

[quote=“Harry Chinaski”]
Actually it seemed that the “lack of commitment” issue was just a rumour and that, like I said it a few weeks ago, her refusal had to do with a more concrete issue : failing of agreement between her agent and the production for the amount of $$$$ she’d get for her role. If the rest of the jury is pro-IB, I can’t imagine her opposing to it for one reason: the juries have now a press conference after the Palme d’or in which they are supposed to justify their choices. So it does make the possibility of a president choosing a prize against the rest of the jury more difficult (this “rest” having now the possibility to complain in public). This wasn’t the case before. But all of this works in case the rest of the jury were pro-IB, of which I doubt since this jury seems more interested in social and political issues.
[/quote]

OK I see. And youre right. They have to discuss it alot anyways. Lets hope IB is the best film of the fest. Its gotta be in the Top 2 at least!

I advise all the frenchs here to read the new issue of Studio. Laurent and Kruger separately share details about their experience of the shooting, how they got the part, how was it like to work with QT, their first and last scene, etc… Cool stuff, especially the one with Laurent where she explains some funny shit that happened on set.

Thx for the info, Pinkman ! :slight_smile:

I just saw Paris…Melanie Laurent is perfect. She’s going to shine in this role, I can feel it, and as the one who comes closest to the main character it’s very comforting to know that she’s probably the best cast of all the actors. That’s the impression I get anyway from the stills, her natural beauty and her talent that can really be seen in the film Paris. Check it out if you can, it’s actually a really good movie.

Fassbender is already there, hehe. His other film at Cannes has ben screened today and he was at the press conference. A likeable dude.

You can find the full and complete cast list on the Cannes press kit now too (seems to be in order of significance also);

Lea Seydoux is playing one of the farmer’s daughters, for those that still weren’t sure.

Bo Svenson is listed, as is Buddy Joe Hooker.

There is no narrator credited.

ha, a little bit disappointed, coz I loved this narrator thing. It seems like they didn’t do it. It might be another reason to why he extended some scenes to introduce characters.

Maybe the narrator will be added after Cannes?

Sam Jackson wouldn’t have fit this movie. Not even as a narrator.

Not disappointed about the narrator, IF it’s true. I don’t think it needed one to pop up only now and again.

Could have just a mistake in the press kit, however. As full as it is, I don’t see Cloris Leachman listed either. Maybe her scene with Donny was cut for timing in the end?

That would suck, Donowitz is useless whithout that scene. Nah the thing must be incomplete.

Yeah or not everyone is credited which is possible.

We’ll know soon enough. 5 DAYS!!?!?!?!?!!