I want to do this when I'm older...

Everything related to screenwriting, movie making, technical knowledge, editing, kameras....
VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Re: I want to do this when I'm older...

Post by VikingWithNoName » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:56 am

The best way to get prepared is to watch a lot of movies and make a lot of movies your self.
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote: it sounds like you've written quite a bit, have you posted any of your stuff on the board I'm interested to see some of it.
Yeah, I've posted a handful of things in the screenwriting forum over the years. It should all still be there. My sig also links to the Pilot episode of a series I wrote. It's not my best though.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

Mister Green
Cowardly Lion

Post by Mister Green » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:02 pm

I think I might post the script on one of those sites you guys showed me, when it's done. I work on it every once in awhile, but I always write ideas and dialougue down just so I won't forget them.

sudjam007
Cowardly Lion

Post by sudjam007 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:35 pm

I agree that Filmmaking and Screenwriting is a dream of mine, and I too have been fascinated with the process of making a movie the way QT does. There is no doubt in my mind that he relies heavily on the use of Storyboards to make it all come together. I have tried my hand at making storyboards for my own use, and I can honestly say it is not an easy thing to do. I did find a mentor near Los Angeles, his work is featured here: https://famousframes.com/ He told me not to mention his name because he doesn't want others looking for "free" teaching but I think the site is worth checking out for inspiration.