Is there really nothing new added?

I loved Planet Terror but was there really nothing new added to the DvD, cause if that is the case then i want there to be a fucking Grindhouse theatrical version to it, they can probably even fit the extra 30 minutes to Death Proof if they want to if Planet Terror has nothing new. I mean thats what i thought would be cool was the uncut stuff that he had to take out, if he didnt add anything new to it, then i really hope they make a theatrical version cause i get the same stuff from Planet Terror plus all of the trailers and adds. But is there really nothing new added?

Ten minutes will be added.

oh well thats sweet then i mean at least there are some things that are added 10 minutes is fine.

It will also have RR commentary and the 10 min flick school. I really like his commentary, he dosen’t bullshit around, it’s very insightful.

the theatrical cut of PT runs smg like 105 minutes (including the machete trailer). this cut still has the missing reel

is there anything graphic that was too over the top that is now in the uncut version that would be sweet?

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
the theatrical cut of PT runs smg like 105 minutes (including the machete trailer). this cut still has the missing reel
[/quote]
But it also has the complete cut without the shitty missing reel. At least I hope so.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
But it also has the complete cut without the shitty missing reel. At least I hope so.
[/quote]

that’s what i was saying, the extensive cut still has the missing reel

[quote=“Tarantino101”]
is there anything graphic that was too over the top that is now in the uncut version that would be sweet?
[/quote]I also hope it wears its version titel “unrated” because the brain-eating scene is now complete again…

who sais there really IS a missing real? it’s a stylistic device! there’s more in the extended cut, almost 15 or so minutes, maybe a bit more, than the theatrical run, but the “missing” reel is still there, because it’s part of the thing. chill out, they won’t show you freddy rodriguez’s dick or anything, what did you expect from the missing reel?

A little explanation, that’s what. Does anyone know the very definition of the word “exposition”? Seriously this film has more plot holes than all of the Mission Impossible movies combined. How does the Bruce Willis character know who El Wray is? How did McGraw’s wife get infected? How did all the main characters survive the toxic gas that was unleashed into the atmosphere and infected most of the town’s citizens? How did the Baby Sitter Twats and the strip club proprietor find Hague and the rest holding up in the diner? There are alot of things missing in this film - unlike Death Proof, we know alot about everyone and I was never confused.

Oh and you say that the mising reel is a “stylistic device”? I call it being lazy - why didin’t he film the missing reel then? Quentin had a missing reel but it wasen’t an integral part of the movie. At least McGraw and Son #1 give us an insight on Stuntman Mike - we know that he’s a psycopath with a troubling past (with women) and he kills and rapes them by taking away everything from them.

LOL @ The Babysitter Twats.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
A little explanation, that’s what. Does anyone know the very definition of the word “exposition”? Seriously this film has more plot holes than all of the Mission Impossible movies combined. How does the Bruce Willis character know who El Wray is? How did McGraw’s wife get infected? How did all the main characters survive the toxic gas that was unleashed into the atmosphere and infected most of the town’s citizens? How did the Baby Sitter Twats and the strip club proprietor find Hague and the rest holding up in the diner? There are alot of things missing in this film - unlike Death Proof, we know alot about everyone and I was never confused.

Oh and you say that the mising reel is a “stylistic device”? I call it being lazy - why didin’t he film the missing reel then? Quentin had a missing reel but it wasen’t an integral part of the movie. At least McGraw and Son #1 give us an insight on Stuntman Mike - we know that he’s a psycopath with a troubling past (with women) and he kills and rapes them by taking away everything from them.
[/quote]

1. El Wray has a past that is more or less a mystery. He knows Abernathy and he knows Willis’s character. He was in the military in some capacity and that’s how Willis’s character knows him. Whatever his past was, it wasn’t limited to that, because he has reached infamous status. Even Michael Biehn’s character is aware of him.

2. The missing reel serves a couple of purposes. It keeps the running time shortrer so the double feature can run as comfortable as possible. Also, Quentin had a print he showed at the Drafthouse once that had a missing reel in it. It was a sex scene with Oliver Reed and an actress. But since the reel is missing, no one knows if it happened or not. He says it did, she says it didn’t. The audience can only speculate. The point in Planet Terror is to make it part of the joke. Since there’s a missing reel, we miss: who El Wray really is so the line, “I had no idea you were EL Wray,” becomes a part of that joke along with giving him 'all the guns," and then how they have so many more refugees to take care of now and that the sickos are raiding the Bone Shack, well that’s something we don’t get to see BECAUSE the print is “fucked up.” Yes, it’s a stylistic choice and all part of the joke. How did the Baby Sitter Twats and the strip club proprietor find Hague and the rest holding up in the diner? Well we don’t know, because a reel got “damaged.”

3. When they’re making their escape from the compound, Abernathy tells the group that THEY are the antidote. Some people are actually immune to DC2, and it’s that immunity he wanted to use to make a vaccine for the infected.

4. McGraw’s wife breathed in the DC2 in the air and became infected. McGraw is immune.

5. According to Rodriguez, the missing reel WAS filmed.

There are no plotholes in the film. There is a difference between plotholes and ambiguity.

I’ve seen Planet Terror’s dvd a couple days ago, and I have to say it was the same exact movie. Nothing new, the longer time is the credits at the end. I work at a movie rental place, so got it early. But there was nothing new as to when I saw it in Grindhouse at the movies but the credits at the end. Oh and the missing reel is still missing.

If you have the dvd already, and the missing reel is still missing, what were the deleted scenes?

I liked Planet Terror, I just don’t see the point of releasing a dvd with the missing reel, it dosen’t make any sense. If I’m going to pay 20 to 30 dollars for a dvd I want to see every single scene that was filmed. On another subject, Death Proof keeps getting better as you see it over and over again, I really think Death Proof is one of the best slasher films of all time - in the sub-genre anyway. I like how Warren tells everyone to watch the flame when they’re drinking that green shit. “You’ll blow up the joint” - brilliant.

I don’t HAVE it yet, the rental store does, and I watched it the night we got it in. It didn’t have deleted scenes because the store’s version is a Blockbuster exclusive, which means they put out a one disc version of the film, with a blue disc that has the Blockbuster logo on it.

But believe me, the missing reel is still missing, but I have NOT seen the special features.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
But believe me, the missing reel is still missing, but I have NOT seen the special features.
[/quote]

Ok guys, (From the script)

"They kiss. She lifts her shirt up. The film print gets shaky and grittier for a reel change. A few jump cuts and we can almost barely see what looks like it was originally a really hot love scene. It’s so hot the film literally sizzles.

-

-

TITLE CARD reads: MISSING REEL.

(Plays for 10 seconds)

EXT. JT’S DINER - ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

We start the reel with a stinger, over an exterior shot of the diner. IN FLAMES.
"

So (For the last time) a reel was NEVER shot in between. We’re not missing anything.

That was not wise by Robert, at least QT shot his missing reel.

But who for real thought we were going to see XXX out of Rose and Freddy?