What does Palomita mean?

I´ve tried Altavista, I´ve tried Google, I´ve tried Yahoo… I see some medical care and some song or something… The main thing that I remember from this movie is this word, so could someone give me a helping hand; an explanation for why it is used in the movie? What are they trying to tell me and us?

In which language is it most commonly used?

Please tell me everything you know about this weird but beautiful word.

If you have any difficulties in understanding my question I promise you that I´ll be back to answer any questions.

Thank you.

It’s Spanish word, it can be translated as “little dove”.

It means dove I think.

Yes, it means little dove.

If you notice, Cherry wears a nice pendant in shape of a dove.

In context it can mean “beloved woman”, this word “paloma” is frecuently used in Spanish love songs.

Also, the white dove is a symbol of peace and spirit.

Thats why John Woo always puts them in his movies. :slight_smile:

Now you were quick! I thought I would wait for the answer like two weeks, and get one or none.

Thank you so much.

most online translators don’t find words in diminutive (…ita) but only in their stem (paloma)… that might be a reasons you couldn’t find it

It means tiny popcorn or tiny nipple, I forget which.

tiny popcorn? Youve been huffing too much spray paint.

Yes, forgot about that, it means popcorn too, i’m not sure about the nipple

Does it? I didnt know. Sorry Bio.

Paloma is a pigeon, so I’d say that a Palomita is a “little” pigeon. This isn’t a word used by the border Mexicans - more of a South American word. It’s not about those shit-eating street pigeons either…more like the kind of pigeons that you eat - almost like a dove, only bigger.

Sebastian: That´s true.

Would you mind thinking about why this word is used in the movie? It has a meaning of some kind, but I can´t exactly get it.

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]
In context it can mean “beloved woman”, this word “paloma” is frecuently used in Spanish love songs.

Also, the white dove is a symbol of peace and spirit.
[/quote]
[quote=“Palomita”]
Would you mind thinking about why this word is used in the movie? It has a meaning of some kind, but I can´t exactly get it.
[/quote]
Don’t you like my explanation???

It doesn’t means something in particular.

Wray calls her Palomita instead of calling her baby or honey…

Your explanations are excellent.

Thank you.

Did anyone notice El Wray had a dove or “paloma” tattoed on his hand, maybe palomita does mean something else. . .

being from Houston you should know that palomita is a “little” paloma.

P :angel:lease stop that stupid discussion, I am not interested about this issue anymore. :angel: