Planet Terror DVD

On Fangoria’s website, on the DVD release dates, in the month of September, it shows both Death Proof and Planet Terror!

As I can confirm Death Proof is going to be released Sept. 18 as I work in retail, but I have no idea when Planet Terror will be out. Prob the same day!

But take what you will out of this info, but I have come to mind that there will be no “GRINDHOUSE” DVD, or not any time soon! Maybe when the single DVDS make good money, then they would release the whole damn thing! That is just my take.

at least it is obvious to me that PT won’t get the theatrical release that DP had.

I hope Death Proof gets sales by itself, because I am not depending on Planet Terror to sale to get us a GRINDHOUSE DVD! I hope Death Proof sales, so they will put out a WHOLE GRINDHOUSE EXPERIENCE thing, because that was the best thing I have ever seen in theaters with the whole trailers and etc.

yeah OK, so are studios now putting movies in theatres just to raise attention for the DVD-release?

i mean common, i´m seeing DP on july 19th and PT on August 24th, which is the very first day in both cases.

i hope its being released in september, but would it have “Machete” with it? RR said that he wanted to release it as a bonus disc to the Grindhouse release dvd?

yea but rodriguez will probably later release something titled like “The grindhouse experiance” double disc edition like the sin city extened and recut.

MoviesOnline: Will the Ten Minute Cooking School on the DVD include JT’s barbecue sauce?

Robert: Yes, absolutely. That’s going to be the big one there, Texas Barbecue. I’m going to start with his quote saying [imitates JT] ‘No Texan ever gives away his barbecue recipe. He takes that to the grave.’ [deep voice] ‘Ten Minute Cooking School: Texas Barbecue from the Grave.’

MoviesOnline

i hope he he does another 10 minuate or 15 minuate film school i really enjoy them.

i enjoy the cook school, i like his moto “not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck” 8)

[quote=“moussemaker”]
MoviesOnline: Will the Ten Minute Cooking School on the DVD include JT’s barbecue sauce?

Robert: Yes, absolutely. That’s going to be the big one there, Texas Barbecue. I’m going to start with his quote saying [imitates JT] ‘No Texan ever gives away his barbecue recipe. He takes that to the grave.’ [deep voice] ‘Ten Minute Cooking School: Texas Barbecue from the Grave.’

MoviesOnline
[/quote]

Sweet.

www.houseofhorrors.com

At least I know when to buy it.

Is it true the fake trailers aren’t on either of the dvds?

I liked the fake trailers, but they arent so great I cant live without them. Death Proof was the main reason I went to see Grindhouse, it wasnt for Planet Terror or any of the trailers.

[quote=“CopperHead”]
Is it true the fake trailers aren’t on either of the dvds?
[/quote]
It’s not in the DP dvd which bummed me out, but if you ask me the Grindhouse DVDs are awful, in terms of special features content. Hey what do ya know Robert is doing a commentary track and the 10 min flick school, I love Robert’s dvds he always has something new and useful to say. Can’t wait to buy it.

Bio: What exactly do you think would make them more incredible? Until DVDs contain hookers who can give BJs, I dont really know what you want from them. Buy the DVD for the movie itself, not for the extras.

which is 11 days after it is first screened over here. i´m still going for the cinema experience, i hope RR delivers.

It’s a great film, but the missing reel pisses all the excitement away, so the dvd version should be way better.

we europeans get the extended version (which is the same as the DVD version will be)

so no missing reel for me. :wink:

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Bio: What exactly do you think would make them more incredible? Until DVDs contain hookers who can give BJs, I dont really know what you want from them. Buy the DVD for the movie itself, not for the extras.
[/quote]
I already saw the films over and over, in theatres and in my Tv, but just look at Robert’s DVDs, they have commentary , the 10 minute flick school - extra content defines what a DVD is. I saw and loved the movies and it would be interesting to see more.

In a way I dont like to see every last detail about movies I like because it sometimes takes away the mystique they have for me.