Planet Terror References

Name some References in Planet Terror that may be references to other movies.

The whole “I want his balls” scene could be inspired by the scene in Foxy Brown(they also have a group people hold a man down)

When Bruce Willis face keeps growing and growing it reminds me of that scene big trouble in little China.

The movie The Crazies could have inspired the name for the infected people in Planet Terror.

In the original Dawn of the Dead, there’s a moment when Roger (During the apartment raid) lays his head against a wall and is shocked by all the chaos ensuing around him.

Doc Block does the same in the hospital. You’ll notice where.

[quote=“me”]
The whole “I want his balls” scene could be inspired by the scene in Foxy Brown(they also have a group people hold a man down)
[/quote]

Haha…I also noticed that as well. Good eye.

[quote=“me”]

When Bruce Willis face keeps growing and growing it reminds me of that scene big trouble in little China.

The movie The Crazies could have inspired the name for the infected people in Planet Terror.

[/quote]I think the whole ball thing was ripped off from Fight Club. Remember that funny ass scene in the interrogation room, where they all grab the Edward Norton character, ready to chop his balls off. . .that was awesome. “A mouthful of led salad”

haha, yeah. I thought of Fight Club too when I saw this.

[quote=“me”]

[/quote]“Sickos” was never mentioned in The Crazies.

No i meant that instead of calling them Infected people or zombies they called them “The Crazies” in the movie the crazies and maybe RR thought about doing the same thing in Planet Terror by calling the infected people The Sickos.

i think its more on the nightmare city side for the zombies and did everyone forget about where tarantino is watching i think the movie was the big doll house on the tv at the army base.

That scene was weird. QT should comb his hair that way. He looks smarter.

[quote=“Jjp”]
i think its more on the nightmare city side for the zombies[/quote]

There was all kinds of different sickos though. Some were real fast (Like the ones that picked off Dakota’s gal) Slow, Romero-types (Seen advancing on the grill-house and on the bridge) and the sicko soldiers were able to retain their intelligence.

yes but rodriguez actually said that nightmare city was the inspiration for planet terror he even used the same description tht umberto lenzi used there not zombies there infected people.

The scene at the end with Cherry and her baby riding a horse etc. is that a reference to the Mexican made Western called El Topo?

[quote=“m_burlock”]
The scene at the end with Cherry and her baby riding a horse etc. is that a reference to the Mexican made Western called El Topo?
[/quote]

Doubt it. To me, it was just a role-reversal from a previous shot (El Wray and Cherry on the harley when she blows the smoke away from the M-16)

is el topo good?

From what i have read… its a amazing

[quote=“Jjp”]
is el topo good?
[/quote]

As long as you know what you’re getting yourself into, yeah, it’s good!

I think the whole military plot is very similar to Return Of The Living Dead, where an abandoned military tank was responsible for bringing the dead back to life. Also, the scene with the plug pulling out of the wall socket as Joe is trying to kill Doc Block is very similar to what happens in Body Double.

[quote=“Scarface”]Also, the scene with the plug pulling out of the wall socket as Joe is trying to kill Doc Block is very similar to what happens in Body Double.[/quote]

Oh yeah! The power drill scene in BD! Good one!

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD rocks but actually it reminded me to the ok sequel part 2 where there driven in thrucks with the chemical waste in the back.

I’m not sure about this but I think Wray finding Cherry with the sheet over her head is supposed to be a homage to Halloween when Michael Myers enters Lynda’s room with a sheet over his head