Offical Thanksgiving Thread

Thanksgiving is obviously gonna be my favorite trailer(Hail Eli Roth!)

From Bloody Disgusting:

“On the weekend of April 6, when Dimension Films releases Grindhouse, you only think you’re going to be discussing which was better, Quentin Tarantino’s “Death Proof” or Robert Rodriguez’s “Planet Terror”. The fact of the matter is that you’re going to be talking about Eli Roth’s faux trailer, “Thanksgiving”, which is certainly the highlight of the moviegoer event. This past weekend we caught up with Roth who talked to us about the trailer, the dreaded MPAA and more. Read on for the interview, along with a still from production!

When you see GRINDHOUSE one of the most infamous shots in the movie is from Eli Roth’s trailer THANKSGIVING, which involves a cheerleader and a knife – here’s how the MPAA reacted, “So we showed it to the ratings board, and it was funny that that trailer wound up getting more comments than Death Proof and Planet Terror combined,� Roth explains, “But in the end the ratings board were great. We said. ‘Look we still want to have the moment, so I was like what if I scratch the film, literally take out the full frontal nudity?’ Just kind of scratch it and use clever editing so that it actually isn’t there but it’s cut together with trick photography, and they were great about it. And they even let me keep the turkey sex.�

He then joked a little about the soon-to-be infamous shot, “Honestly, when I shot that trailer I really thought there was no problem with anything, it just shows how genuinely out of touch I am,� Roth explains, “A girl, full frontal, shot to camera, landing on a knife… seemed like no problem to me! Its an exploitation movie, it’s my JOB to exploit! If I don’t exploit this girl I have FAILED as a grindhouse director! These guys are expecting a lot from me!�

But of course the big question is, will Roth ever turn THANKSGIVING into a feature film, much like MACHETE? Here’s what he had to say, “Here’s part of the problem, I had so much fun shooting that trailer; it’s kind of all I want to do now. It’s a trailer is just money shot after money shot! Normally I have to write the story and the subtext and make excuses for all of it… But this is pure unadulterated, gratuitous sex and violence! I felt like a 13 year old kid again when we were shooting it.�

As for as Roth’s favorite “holiday horror� film, he tells us, “When I was growing up, there was Halloween, Black Christmas, Silent Night Deadly Night, My Bloody Valentine, April Fool’s Day, New Years Evil, and I was like: When’s the Thanksgiving one coming out? And especially growing up in Massachusetts, where we have two full time working pilgrim plantations. So that was a big deal, Thanksgiving in Massachusetts. I’ve always been dying for one. But I love My Bloody Valentine. When we shot this trailer, the style I was going for was like Prowler, Mother’s Day, Maniac, and Silent Night Deadly Night.�

See Eli Roth’s THANKSGIVING trailer in GRINDHOUSE April 6”

yeah this trailer was fucking wild. people were screaming. totally a blast…

oh my god 8 MORE DAYS!!!

Hahaha yeah and four more to Kurt Russell will be on Leno and QT on Conan :slight_smile:

[quote=“me”]

[/quote]

The trailer was cool, second only to Machete, and very Texas Chainsaw Massacrey towards the end. Eli Roth provides the brilliant VO, btw.

Just one thing, which the above picture reminds me of. Is it still possible to film on location without drawing a crowd? Or is this just one of those things that filmmakers have to deal with now? It’s bad. Even in Death Proof, in the actual film, there’s a shot of Arlene’s POV of the car, slowly driving down the street. The shot lasts long enough that if you look in the background, in the far left, you will see film gawkers huddled together watching the filming. Not that it was very distracting, it wasn’t, but it’s even noticeable on a first viewing. However, being the kind of film it is, with warts and all, it’s not so bad, since the older films that inspired this film also sometimes I had movie shoot onlookers gawking at the filmmaking. But in the older films, they’re not as noticeable and they’re a few people looking at the subject, they’re never in such condensed groups like they were in Death Proof where it’s like they’re waiting in line to get on a rollercoaster.

Now, in the picture above, obviously it’s a still from the film shoot and not a frame from Thanksgiving but it just reminded me of the whole film-shoot-gawker phenomenon.

Also, in Thanskgiving, they can easily be assumed to be the parade’s on-lookers, but still, that crowd in the pic is obviously watching the filming.

This is going to be too cool.

I didn’t think that Cabin Fever was a good film at all, but I did enjoy Hostel quite a bit.

i dont think this is the best of the fake trailers, but it will definitely be the most talked about and most puked about

[Knife goes into turkey] Thanksgiving!

I really hope this one gets made and I think Eli Roth will make it sooner or later.

Sneak Peek at Special Scenes From The Highly Anticipated Movie Grindhouse to Debut Exclusively Online at IGN.Com

First Look Will Feature Eli Roth’s ‘Thanksgiving’ Trailer In Its Entirety!

‘Thanksgiving’ is one of four highly provocative faux trailers to play in

between Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez’s features in upcoming

double bill ‘Grindhouse’

NEW YORK, March 30 /PRNewswire/ – Beginning tonight, IGN.com will

exclusively debut the highly anticipated faux trailer for “Thanksgiving” by

filmmaker Eli Roth (“Hostel” upcoming “Hostel: Part II” and “Cell”), giving

fans a sneak peak at one of the four faux trailers that will play in

between Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez’s double bill “Grindhouse.”

Dimension Films will open “Grindhouse” in theaters nationwide on April 6th.

There has been much buzz about the content of Roth’s trailer ever since the

film’s Los Angeles premiere last Monday.

Roth’s “Thanksgiving” trailer featuring Jordan Ladd and Eli Roth

himself, has already received tremendous interest from “Grindhouse” fans.

This provocative trailer is in the spirit of the film; its fun, racy,

extreme and definitely pushes the limits.

The other three faux trailers include “Werewolf Women of the S.S.” by

Rob Zombie featuring Nicolas Cage, Udo Kier, Sheri Moon Zombie and Sybil

Danning; “Don’t” by Edgar Wright featuring Katie Melua and Emily Booth; and

“Machete” by Robert Rodriguez featuring Danny Trejo.

About “Grindhouse”

Grind House noun A downtown movie theater - in disrepair since its

glory days as a movie palace of the '30s and ‘40s - known for “grinding

out” non- stop double-bill programs of B-movies.

From groundbreaking directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez

comes the ultimate film experience: a double-bill of thrillers that will

recall both filmmakers’ favorite exploitation films. “Grindhouse” will be

presented as one full-length feature comprised of two individual films

helmed separately by each director. Tarantino’s film, “Death Proof,” is a

rip-roaring slasher flick where the killer pursues his victims with a car

rather than a knife, while Rodriguez’s film explores an alien world eerily

familiar to ours in “Planet Terror.” Welcome to the Grindhouse - it’ll tear

you in two.

This trailer premiere was arranged by The Weinstein Company’s online

agency Deep Focus.

For more info please go to: http://www.grindhousemovie.net

PS

I can’t find it but by the sounds of this release, it will be up tonight.

We already have a thread for all things about Thanksgiving.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 352.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,7352.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Darryl Revok”]
This is going to be too cool.

I didn’t think that Cabin Fever was a good film at all, but I did enjoy Hostel quite a bit.
[/quote]

I agree Cabin Fever was okay, but I LOVED Hostel.

I DO NOT recomment watching this before you saw it in theaters, but if you really really want to spoil yourself and ruin your experience, then click here to watch the full thanksgiving trailer. again, i really really don’t recommend that

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media/74 … 50729.html”>http://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media/749/749962/vid_1950729.html</LINK_TEXT>

really really. wait for the movie to come out, watch it afterwards

I was gonna watch it but it wouldnt load…is that like a sign from god?

yes. haha

I wouldn’t spoil it for myself with only SEVEN DAYS LEFT.

I’m going to completely resist the massive urge to watch that trailer early so I can see it in the context of Grindhouse. ;D

lmao it started loading for me i watched about 2 seconds then i accidently clicked on this forum then i read DONT WATCH IT, yes it is a sign from god I exited it out, god damn its tempting

[quote=“me”]
I was gonna watch it but it wouldnt load…is that like a sign from god?
[/quote]

Yeah same here, Bro…

I’ve never been so fucking tempted in my life!!

Couldn’t help it. Checked it out and had a BLAST!!!

Now let’s just see how much better it looks on the big screen 8)