The Official Machete Thread

So now it’s going to be a movie? POST DETAILS When you get them!

It is still too early to get excited for this. Since it’s gonna be a direct-to-dvd release I doubt that it will be Rodriguez himself directing it. He’ll probably do what he did with the Dusk Till Dawn sequels and give it to somebody like Spiegel to do. Which will suck. Hope I’m wrong though.

I hope Rodriguez will direct it. If not, that will suck.

He might have already filmed it, if PT is under an hour and a half (which we know it is), It’s very possible they could have filmed it, maybe all 5 of the trailers, Maybe they’ll release some dvd set with all 5 movies after Grindhouse comes out, If they movies are only an hour each, and not really relying on insane acting, and effects, It actually wouldn’t take that long to film a 1 hour film.

LoL@“The Official Machete Thread”

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070312_ … pinof.html”>http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070312_directtodvd_grind_house_spinof.html</LINK_TEXT>

Direct-to-DVD sequels are such a big biz these days – I shudder to think whether my kids will even know what a theatre is – that even big name filmmakers want in on the small screen premiere action.

Cinemablend reports that at the SXSW Festival, “Grind House� director (well, one of the directors) Robert Rodriguez announced that he’s planning a DTV sequel to the film . . . based upon the character of ‘Machete’ (Danny Trejo), a character that doesn’t so much appear in the film as he does in one of the fake trailers created for the movie.

“If you’ve seen any of the kickass trailers for Grindhouse, then you’ve seen Trejo as Machete, a bad ass dude with, well, two machetes�, says the site. “He is doing a Machete spin-off movie, and it’s likely going to be direct to DVD. Rodriguez seemed pretty adamant about this, as if the film is already a done deal.�

" HE is doing a machete spin-off "

YES!!

Excellent.

There needs to be an official “Thanksgiving Thread”! I’m more excitied about it than any of the otehr trailers now…

I really hope they actually make the film from the fake trailers, so it could be on a giant grindhouse dvd set :slight_smile:

I dont knw why Robert choose Machete… He should have named him Navajas like Trejos character in Desperado… Hes the one with all the knives…

I just hope it kicks ass.

Machete is the character in Once Upon a Time in Mexico… Hes the cousin of Navajas or sumthin like that…

It is listed at imdb now: Machete (2010) - IMDb

[quote=“Navajas”]
I dont knw why Robert choose Machete… He should have named him Navajas like Trejos character in Desperado… Hes the one with all the knives…
[/quote]

You dont know why he named him Machete? Is that a joke?

it’s cuz They Call Him Machete :wink:

[quote=“Stuntman Mike”]
It is listed at imdb now: Machete (2010) - IMDb
[/quote]

lmao. imdbers are nuts

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
[/quote]

What?! You mean there’s a reason why his name is Machete??? WTF

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
[/quote]
Actually I dont… Ive just checked and the character that Trejo plays in Desperado is called Navajas, in Once Upon a Time in Mexico Cucuy and in Spy Kids Machete. Ive never watched Spy Kids however the character that appears in the trailer They Call Him Machete is most similar to the character in Desperado Navajas… The one with all the knives… Does Machete in Spy Kids have knives also?

What’s a good online enlish dictionary?:stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: ah got it…

machete

noun [C]

a large knife with a wide blade, used for cutting trees and plants or as a weapon

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
There needs to be an official “Thanksgiving Thread”! I’m more excitied about it than any of the otehr trailers now…
[/quote]
Same here.

I thought “They call him Machete” was a reference to Friday The 13th.