Killing Zoe

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
B_Rocka

Re: Killing Zoe

Post by B_Rocka » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:46 am

from Roger Avary:

Q: Where can I buy the "Killing Zoe" DVD?
A: Artisan Entertainment quietly released "Killing Zoe" on DVD on August 15th, 2000. This release will not be, as previously thought, the director's cut. An entanglement between the film's producer, Samuel Hadida, and Artisan has prevented that version from being released -- for now. The Artisan "Killing Zoe" R-rated DVD includes a beautiful new 1.85:1 letterboxed transfer, a crummy pan & scan theatrical trailer, production notes, and biographies. You can buy the DVD from Amazon.com.

Q: But I want the Director's Cut of "Killing Zoe" on DVD!
A: French producer Samuel Hadida is currently preparing to release the "Killing Zoe" Director's Cut DVD in France through his distribution company Metropolitan FilmExport. I have not heard plans about a U.S. release, but I am hopeful. If you like, email the muckity-mucks at Artisan Home Video and tell them that you heard of it's coming availability in Europe, and you want them to release it here in Region 1.
I say everybody who wants to get this DVD released in America or any other country other than France, should try to e-mail Artisan. I know I will at least send an email. I mean damn you never know. With Quentin Tarantino being bigger then ever right now, all they would have to do is slap his name on the cover and that bitch would sell. I really would like to see a nice version of this film come out here in the US. Im saying, even a 2 disc version with the director's cut, commentary track, and some new documentaries would be good enough for me. Its not like I want a 10 DVD set of Killing Zoe. I just feel that this movie deserves better then the piece of shit 1 disc edition they gave us. Like it or not, its an inventive movie and I won't be happy until I have some kind of Director's Cut in my hand. I'll look around for the Artisan email address. Then I'll post it if anybody else wants to try their luck.

CPS
Fucking Professional

Post by CPS » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:33 pm

Bexi asked:

Is this pissing anybody else off? It's getting right on my tits!

In all the adverts I see for this film they say that it's from Quentin Tarantino! What the fuck does Quentin have to do with this film?

There was a quote above the advert from a review and it said something like 'This is pure Tarantino'!

His names on the poster about 10 times, yet he's not in the credits, so can anybody explain this please?

Please give her some information.Thanx
DREAM AS IF YOU`LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS IF YOU`LL DIE TODAY
Scarface: Don't go all Sigmund Freud on my ass.

Vince Vega
Fucking Professional

Post by Vince Vega » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:32 am

He only produced it, he had nothing else to do with the movie.

Bexi
Real McCoy

Post by Bexi » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:38 am

Then why is his name plastered all over the posters?

'From the director of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino'

Bexi is confuddled  :-/ .
Can open. Worms everywhere.

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:40 pm

actually Quentin and Lawrence Bender "executive" produced it, the main producers are Becka Boss and Samuel Hadida

Quentin has very very little to do with it

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:41 pm

if Quentin Tarantino had something to do with my movie you can bet your tits that i'll have his name all over the posters and cover too  8)

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:54 pm

Samuel Hadida
Is that the guy who bought the script or something from Tarantino which he mentions in the True Romance commentary??

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:17 pm

I don't know, all i know is that he produced True Romance with a bunch of other guys

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:39 pm

Is that the guy who bought the script or something from Tarantino which he mentions in the True Romance commentary??
YES that is him. french movie producer. he recently released the Director's Cut of Killing Zoe in france, you can buy that at our online store from amazon.fr

Inuvik

Post by Inuvik » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:20 am

Julie Delpy is really hot.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:27 am

Inuvik wrote: Julie Delpy is really hot.
hehe. she is currently in theaters with ethan hawk in before sunrise

Bexi
Real McCoy

Post by Bexi » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:48 pm

Johny_Exhale2 wrote:

if Quentin Tarantino had something to do with my movie you can bet your tits that i'll have his name all over the posters and cover too  8)
I'd never bet my breasts on nothing.

This isn't fair though because stupid Tarantino fans will think it's Quentin's film when it's not!
Can open. Worms everywhere.

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:17 pm

well, that's Avery's way of making lotsta loot

$$$$$$$$$$

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:23 pm

You can't blame him
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

Tim
Hard Drinker

Post by Tim » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:50 am

pretty good film

DangerMouse
Hard Drinker

Post by DangerMouse » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:02 pm

I saw some moments of it on TV and I don't like the  direction of it. I think it could have been much better then it is.
even def bitches say hi to me, she tell ehr blind bitch and she say "i gotta see"

Tim
Hard Drinker

Post by Tim » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:06 pm

a remake would be cool . The quality could be made better aswell seing as it was made around 94?

DangerMouse
Hard Drinker

Post by DangerMouse » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:11 pm

yeah, there were alot of movies made in 94 and the quality was a hellava lot better.
even def bitches say hi to me, she tell ehr blind bitch and she say "i gotta see"

LisaLovelace
Hard Drinker

Post by LisaLovelace » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:56 pm

It's not big and it's not clever but it's worth having in your collection. Eric Stoltz is a great actor though!
Ya sure? Cristal. It's the best. I never liked champagne
before I had Cristal, now I love it.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:05 pm

Yeah its a great movie but I prefer Doberman with Vincent Casel instead of Killing Zoe.

Ste300

Post by Ste300 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:51 pm

any UK peopel who wish to see it, i think it's on today 23/6/05 at 3 AM morning GMT

On one of the sky movie channels.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:53 pm

Ste300 wrote: any UK peopel who wish to see it, i think it's on today 23/6/05 at 3 AM morning GMT

On one of the sky movie channels.
Sky Movies have been showing it a lot the past few weeks. I started watching it last week and it really started to do my head in after a while. The camera work in it was atrocious and I hated the amature-quality it had to it. I didn't watch all of it though.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

The Shinning

Post by The Shinning » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:41 pm

i bought it a movie store for a couple bucks it wasnt bad, it picked up at the end with the robery, thats when it got good

Piratess
Hard Drinker

Post by Piratess » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:00 pm

This was the first film I bought without having seen it in advance, I'm glad I did. It had a great atmosphere to it, that I can't explain...beh... The acting was great, I thought. It did, however, SLIGHTLY  piss me off that QT's name was all over, however much I love him...
*waits for the tomatoes to be thrown*
-Shit... I'm waiting for the sun to shine. -

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:22 pm

Johny_Exhale2 wrote: well, that's Avery's way of making lotsta loot

$$$$$$$$$$
Yeah, but like Avary wants Tarantino's name on his film like that. Notice in Rules of Attraction where the NYU film student at the start is saying something about a film that was "wrongfully called a Tarantino film even though he only executive produced it...." sound familiar?

Bad Lieutenant
Cowardly Lion

Post by Bad Lieutenant » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:10 pm

Tarantino had nothing to do with this movie. He didn't do shit except let the producers plaster his name all over it in trade for a fat paycheck. Easy money, that's all.

savage_henry
Hard Drinker

Post by savage_henry » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:10 pm

Tanukihime wrote: Bexi asked:

Is this pissing anybody else off? It's getting right on my tits!

In all the adverts I see for this film they say that it's from Quentin Tarantino! What the fuck does Quentin have to do with this film?

There was a quote above the advert from a review and it said something like 'This is pure Tarantino'!

His names on the poster about 10 times, yet he's not in the credits, so can anybody explain this please?

Please give her some information.Thanx

The 'This is pure Tarantino!' was a quote from a movie review... plenty of movies had QT's name plastered all over it via review quotes during the nineties, even 'shallow grave'. its a good thing in a way coz it shows he has cultural currency. Like on Film Four in the UK right now the 'Spaced' guys are promoting 'hot fuzz' with a series of cult nights on the channel, and the title credits to their segments are in the style of 'Grindhouse'... its started already! i love how quentin's style just infiltrates all areas of culture, for the last three years how many times has that 'battle without honour or humanity' tune and the yellow / black design been used?

though of course the downside is that shitty movies like killing zoe get more exposure coz of the association. Rules of attraction was excellent though, what happened to glamorama?

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:50 pm

just picked it up at fye for 9.99 dona watch it tonight.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:33 pm

just finished watching it it was a really good movie i cant see how ne one could dis like it, yeah it wasent the greatest movie i've ever seen but it was a really good movie.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:44 pm

I started closing some gaps in The Archives, would be nice if some of you who've seen it would write a little story summary, a review or something, add pictures, trivia, etc...

www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Killing_Zoe