Coming Home in a Body Bag: A Quentin Tarantino pic

I was just thinking about how Qt said Natural Born Killers and Kill Bill take place in a movie universe(I wonder if From Dusk Til Dawn is in there too, it’s gotta be), while Pulp Fiction, True Romance, Resevoir Dogs, and Jackie Brown take place in a real world(though JB I don’t think takes place in quentin’s real world, if that makes any sense) . Then I got to thinking about the only made up pop culture in a QT script( beside American Maniacs, I think it’s pretty much it), Comin’ Home in a body Bag. What if Quentin actually made CHIABB, as a movie that one of his real world characters would watch. I personally think it would be so cool, and yet one more link between his movies (which I think many of us love).

By the way do you think KB might possibly be mentioned in one of his later movies as a movie a character saw?

Also who do you think the producer (can’t remember his name right now) was supposed to be. My first thought was Oliver Stone (I think QT likes some of his older movies alot, and TR was written long before the NBK incident), but he of course directed Platoon (the possible reference). I’ve also thought of the Wienstiens, but I think he actually likes them alot.

anyway

imagine it

Quentin Tarantino’s 10th film

Comin’ home in a BodyBag

I think Inglorious Bastards is going to be like QTs Coming Home in a Body Bag movie. I doubt he’ll make more than 1 big war epic in his career.

From Dusk Til Dawn, NBK and Kill Bill take place in the Movie Movie Universe.

I think it would be very cool if one of QTs Real World characters references Kill Bill in some way later on down the line.

When Clarence was talkin about Coming Home in a Body Bag with Lee Donowitz, I always thought Lee was supposed to be a take on Matrix Producer Joel Silver.

But Clarence does mention Apocalypse Now and Deer Hunter in that same conversation.

Also, as you most likely know, Clarence is basically QT when he was 24-25. So all of Clarence’s favorite things are all QTs favorite things.

[quote]

From Dusk Til Dawn, NBK and Kill Bill take place in the Movie Movie Universe.

I think it would be very cool if one of QTs Real World characters references Kill Bill in some way later on down the line.[/quote]

NO. if Tarantino EVER does that i’m gonna coin him an ego maniac like oliver Stone 9who featured a film written by him,scarface, in natural Born Killers.

[quote]I think Inglorious Bastards is going to be like QTs Coming Home in a Body Bag movie. I doubt he’ll make more than 1 big war epic in his career.
[/quote]

Inglorious Bastards would have to be a 'Nam movie to qualify for the title of “Coming Home in a Body Bag.” :wink:

There would be a big difference between Stone featuring a movie for which he wrote the screenplay (where oliver Stone is a legend and part of pop culture), and Tarantino later writing a movie based off of fictitious title mentioned in an earlier screenplay. Stone (though I do love NBK and the Doors), is just kindof tooting his own horn, Quentin is creating his own little world.

In fact doing something like that actually reminds me of what many authors have done. Vonnegut, and Stephen King do it. Stephen KIng’s works are all connected by the Dark Tower series, within one of the worlds the movie the Shining is referenced, Stephen KIng is an author in it.

I just think it would be cool, not self absorbed.

i like how Tarantino references characters, sayings, and products throughout his films (his characters always seem to have things incommon with eachother, whether they know about a new burger joint, or like Lee marvin as an actor) but i wouldn’t like a character spouting out, ‘man you got sliced like a Crazy 88 in kill bill!" or "kill bill was fucking good movie’ or 'ever seen Kill bill?“

maybe a smaller reference would be OK, like half of the kill bill video tape cover on a video shelf…(perhaps signifying it being split in 2) while the movie 'fiddler on the roof” sits next to it signifying the jews for being responsible for the split :wink: ;D

but i don’t think characters mentioning it would be cool…on the video shelf…or sitting in a character’s home would be cool though.

He should title one of the movies Coming home in a body bag.

Example, Inglorious Bastards Volume III: Coming Home in a Body Bag

[quote]He should title one of the movies Coming home in a body bag.

Example, Inglorious Bastards Volume III: Coming Home in a Body Bag[/quote]

That doesn’t work as well with a World War II theme. Particularly since most of the soldiers killed were just buried in France or Germany. They either came back in coffins or didn’t come back at all. Bodybags are more synonymous with Korea/Vietnam I believe.

I coulden’t give a shit less if the subject of “coming home in a body bag” ever came up in his other movies. But i got an idea, what if he changed the name a little to fit the WWII time setting.

Coming Home as an American Flag…huh…yeah…no…[size=1]no[/size]

actually, I don’t think QT is qualified to do a Vietnam film. Don’t get me wrong, but… to do a film about the Vietnam war means more than just shoot an action movie. We’re not talking a normal war here, the Vietnam war not a subject as easy to tackle as other wars (believe me I know a lot about it).

Inglorious Bastards isn’t really a movie about war. It’s about a bunch of guys on a mission, coincidentially set in ww2. you can’t compare that to Born on the 4th of July or something like that.

Actually I don’t want QT to tackle such highly difficult and controversial matters because if a director just doesn’t get it 100% there, he’ll split his fans apart.

Kentucky Fried: I didnt mean I want to hear someone say: “You got cut like a crazy 88 in Kill Bill”. I meant a little reference only the fans would pick up. Something subtle. Like the Res Dogs radio sound in Kill Bill.

QT is capable of doing any kind of film he wants to do. But he will never be a political type director like Oliver Stone. Hes not that kind of writer/director. Hes a pop art director. Why do I have to explain this? We should all know that by now.

I dont like this Coming Home in a Body Bag movie shit. No offense but its pretty dumb.

[quote]

I dont like this Coming Home in a Body Bag movie shit. No offense but its pretty dumb.
[/quote]

Agreed. Besides, Coming Home in a Body Bag sounds like a movie with a very blatant socio-political message…just like an Oliver Stone film. Tarantino would never be so pretentious or misleading as to lay such a heavy title upon any of his work.

I think the name “Coming Home in a Body Bag” is pretty cheezy, like those hong kong movies. That name just fit Clarence inTrue Romance well.

lets not forget that thus far Tarantio has only used 2 words in his film titles;

reservoir dogs

pulp fiction

jackie brown

four rooms

kill bill

inglorious bastards

bleh…must just be one of his trademarks.

[quote]lets not forget that thus far Tarantio has only used 2 words in his film titles;

reservoir dogs

pulp fiction

jackie brown

four rooms

kill bill

inglorious bastards

bleh…must just be one of his trademarks.[/quote]

He never uses more than one noun in his titles, either.

okay but he also wrote Natural Born Killers , and From Dusk til Dawn, which both took place in that movie universe. What if he wrote it but gave it to someone else. Also I don’t think it would be a serious Vietnam movie, probably something that took place during Vietnam. I’m also not saying he ever would make the movie, I just think it would be cool to have another movie which adds into his made up world.

This thread is pointless

[quote]This thread is pointless[/quote]

… so are alot of QT’s movies… BUT THEY ARE STILL FUCKING COOL!

Even if the main idea behind a thread sucks, the conversation will spread to slightly off topic topics, and then the thread rules.

all of his movies take place in the movie movie universe that QT has created for himself…FDTD, kill bill are obvious in there but the rest of them are 2!

nothing is real life with QT, nothing…