Hard Core Logo

Hs anyone seen it? For those not familiar, it’s a Canadian movie about a rock and roll band. QT read the script and loved it, so he got involved.

Here’s the cover:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000 … ZZZZZZ.jpg”>http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005B20D.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

The huge Tarantino banner makes people want to watch. It really is a very good movie, though.

Denise

I’ve never seen this glowing text stuff before.

I saw that at my friends place, its great!

I used to follow around the Headstones, who are Hugh Dillon’s (Joe Dick) band. I talked to him a few times, and he’s really intelligent and shy, which I find to be a weird contrast to the movie. Anyway, he was also strongly considered for the role of Ray in Jackie Brown before Keaton tried out. But QT really likes him, so he’s got him on the backburner.

Denise

[quote]I used to follow around the Headstones, who are Hugh Dillon’s (Joe Dick) band. I talked to him a few times, and he’s really intelligent and shy, which I find to be a weird contrast to the movie. Anyway, he was also strongly considered for the role of Ray in Jackie Brown before Keaton tried out. But QT really likes him, so he’s got him on the backburner.

Denise[/quote]
Did that band break up? Or this that a mean rumor?

QT didn’t “Get involved” all he did was lend his name to publish the movie under his Rolling Thunder label.

www.tarantino.info/archive/rtp/rtpfilmo.htm

Well, there was more to it than just that. He said that he would ‘get involved’ by insisting that this movie specifically be highly marketed in the United States. However, Bruce McDonald didn’t feel he did a good enough job, so there are hard feelings between the two of them. Additionally, in the end, Rolling Thunder made some changes to the film that McDonald didn’t like, which added fuel to the fire.

Yes, the Headstones broke up, which really, really sucks. They’ve said they might just be taking a break and get back together in the future. It could be permanent, though.

wow, you really seem to know a lot about this movie. would you be willing to write a review for www.tarantino.info?

by the way, the Canadian DVD seems to be a lot better, here’s the cover:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://tarantino.webds.de/tarantino/sto … canada.jpg”>http://tarantino.webds.de/tarantino/store/dvd/rtp/hardcore_DVD_canada.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

I’d love to do a review. I’m such a Tarantino/HCL/Headstones nerd. That link is the HCL version I have, I’m from Canada. It only has small differences such as certain parts with subtitle-like text are still in, but the text isn’t there (this is in the American version). Though it has few special features, it has pretty well the only commentary I could sit through for the entire movie. I’d go clicking around for the link to submit reviews, but my computer is running horribly slow at the moment, so could you please post a link or e-mail address? Thanks, that’d be awesome.

Denise

ok then go ahead write a review, I’d be glad to publish it. you can also review the DVD

umm i have 40 bucks should i buy true romance and hard core logo, or pulp fiction and nothin else?

Get all of them.

i cant cos pulp is 30, and tr, and hcl are 20 each

but i think im gonna get true romance ( havn’t had the chance to see yet but heard good things)

Jackie Brown ( Saw when i was 10 and enjoyed )

[quote]umm i have 40 bucks should i buy true romance and hard core logo, or pulp fiction and nothin else?[/quote]

40 bucks? if you’re clever, you get 3 DVDs for that money.

Pulp Fiction: buy the british one, you can get it for 12 bucks at cd-wow.net

true romance: well, costs 20 bucks

hcl: you should see if you find it for under 15 bucks, or just wait till they dish it out on bargain tables

i cant use the internet to order shit im 13 and my dad doesnt have a credit card!

Denise:

Have you seen FUBAR? I’m a huge FUBAR fan as you can tell if you’ve seen it. Haven’t seen Hard Core Logo though, can’t seem to find it anywhere.

what the fuck means FUBAR? I’ve heard that in Saving Private Ryan and I have no fucking idea what it means!

Hell I am German, I have no idea what FUBAR means!

[quote]what the fuck means FUBAR? I’ve heard that in Saving Private Ryan and I have no fucking idea what it means!

Hell I am German, I have no idea what FUBAR means![/quote]

Its from full metal jacket and it means: Fucked up beyond all recognition.

greets

Hard Core Logo is the best Canadian movie ever made!

I someday really hope Hugh Dillon becomes a household name, he is truly underated - just like his band was - i loved the Headstones

I met Hugh once at one of his shows, but really didn’t get to talk to him, he was busy kicking the shit out of me - it’s true - he jumped into the crowd and started to beat on me lol

The last Headstones show I saw I had the pleasure of scooping up and eating his spit

i havent seen it, but ive got very little faith in RTP. Detroit 9000 sucked. I couldn’t even finish it.

saw it yesterday at a friend.

Great Movie. I think i go check the internet. This is one i wanna have.

:slight_smile: