The Bride vs. Jackie Brown

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
^ThE_DuDe^

Re: The Bride vs. Jackie Brown

Post by ^ThE_DuDe^ » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:44 am

Well for starters  Jackie Brown isn’t  quentin’s character it’s Elmore Leonard’s, and u cant really compare the two they both exist in 2 different worlds…

Reservoir_Dude

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:54 am

Well for starters  Jackie Brown isn’t  quentin’s character it’s Elmore Leonard’s, and u cant really compare the two they both exist in 2 different worlds…
HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!!
CHANGE YOUR NAME TO ^SmArT DuDe^

Reservoir_Dude

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:27 am

:o wow, dude, you're worse than my younger brother . . . just answer the fuckin quesiton if you're can, despite a few minor details
Hey little kid, chil out. By saying that THE DUDE was smart is indicating I agree with him. This topic is so lame.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:05 am

Shut the fuck up guys, chill out!  :)

This topic ain't that lame....

I'd say Jackie Brown would win, because a fucking pistol beats a stupid little sword anyday, but in terms of hand-to-hand or sword-sword, the Bride would rape Jackie hands down. Jackie's thick ass would be sliced fuckin' clean off.

Hey Beaumont, it's yo' benefactor, nigga!! Love sayin that.  :P

Puck

Post by Puck » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:10 am

Jackie Brown is hands down the best female character Tarantino has ever featured in one of his movies.  Even if she's not "pure" QT, she's still the best - tough (though perhaps not physically), intelligent, sexy, vulnerable, and the list goes on.  

The Bride is the most kick ass and bad ass out of all the female characters he's written so far, but far from well rounded or deep.  
Last edited by Puck on Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:25 am

Oh, my bad. I thought this topic was about if Jackie and the Bride were in a fight, who would win. That's what I get for skimming the topic!  :-[

Well, then yes, I'd say Jackie's the better woman. Jackie Brown as a movie, is one of the best character study films there is. Now this is a little early to compare her to the Bride, because we haven't even seen Volume 2, especially because Volume 2 is the half with the most character development.

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:44 am

The Bride could cut the bullets in half.

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:46 am

Hey little kid, chil out. By saying that THE DUDE was smart is indicating I agree with him. This topic is so lame.
Shut the fuck up! You are a fucking child! You have made SO MANY LAMER POSTS THAN THIS!!!!! How could you call him a child? He can vote and you can't even fucking drive.
Last edited by BadMotherFucker on Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starkey
Real McCoy

Post by Starkey » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:55 am

the Bride would tear Brown apart. She is an expert in knives and guns, but i might be wrong. We only saw her sword fight but i would think she would be an expert in all fields of KILLING. No contest if the bride can kill over 88 people in one fight then there's no contest
NEW DRHOMEALONE BANNER!!!

Cherry_Licker

Post by Cherry_Licker » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:25 am

Black Mama vs. White Mama

So were there officially 88 Crazy 88s in Kill Bill?

What the fuck was the kill coutn in Kill Bill BTW....anyone count?

AS for this topic.......Jackie Brown doesn't even kill any motherfuckers in Jakie Brown. She may have some bad ass dialogue (WAAAAY MORE BADASS THAN THE BRIDE's) but The Bride killed a whole lot of motherfuckers.....and she even killed 2 people while being an invalid! That tells ya something.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:04 am

Well you can't exactly say that, Kentucky. Kill Bill is hilariously exaggerated and unrealistic, Jackie Brown is a mature character study, where there's only like three or so deaths. If you stuck Jackie in a hyper-unrealistic kill-fest like Kill Bill I'm sure she could hold her own. Keep that in mind.

Cherry_Licker

Post by Cherry_Licker » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:13 am

I think Pam Grier could've done a better job as Vernita Green...........then again she's old.....and it wouldn't fit.

but anyone else think that if Pam was like 35 she'd be an awesome Vernita Green?

And yeah, Jackie could probably kick some ass in the Kill Bill universe.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:02 am

I was thinkin that too! Pam Grier might not fight as well as Vivica would, but I sure know Grier can spit out that dialogue at lot better. I'd like to hear her say "I should've been motherfuckin black mamba..."

Reservoir_Dude

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:15 am

Shut the fuck up! You are a fucking child! You have made SO MANY LAMER POSTS THAN THIS!!!!! How could you call him a child? He can vote and you can't even fucking drive.
What the fuck are you talking about? I own a 1970 Chevy Chevelle in near-mint contition. Blue with white racing stripes.
Pimped the damn thing ouuut.

PULP DEVIL
Last edited by Reservoir_Dude on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:35 pm

What the fuck are you talking about? I own a 1970 Chevy Chevelle in near-mint contition. Blue with white racing stripes.
Pimped the damn thing ouuut.
He was calling you immature, you moron. I'm tellin you, just in case you didn't catch that.
Last edited by Dead_Nigga_Storage on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reservoir_Dude

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:19 pm

He was calling you immature, you moron. I'm tellin you, just in case you didn't catch that.
Thanks for clearing that up
I would have nerver got that
:P

PULP DEVIL

Cipher_Born
Real McCoy

Post by Cipher_Born » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:05 pm

Lol.....they both the shit....In a fight? Bride will kick JB's ass,no doubt 'bout that....
I'd say Jackie Brown would win, because a fucking pistol beats a stupid little sword
^ Huh?? Nah don't think so...Swords are supreme weapons.If the bride can kill a hundred swordfighter on her own...obviously she could wack a girl with a stupid pistol...

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:35 pm

The Bride is a master assassin, how the funk could Jackie Brown kill her?

The Bride not only could take out Jackie, she could take out Coffy AND Foxy Brown, no doubt about it.

Thats the whole point of her character, shes the queen of all the Grindhouse killer babes.

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:43 am

Funny how at the top of the topic, Res Dude calls you a little kid when your actually older then him.

Mr._Blonde

Post by Mr._Blonde » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:57 am

thats a hard one i would have to say the bride because if she can kill about 100 crazy 88's i think she could take down one jackie brown though jackie does have a gun we never knoqw if the bride has some more suprises like the knife she kills copperhead with i mean man

Mr.Transluscent

Post by Mr.Transluscent » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:14 am

Black Mama vs. White Mama

What the fuck was the kill coutn in Kill Bill BTW....anyone count?
Not every Crazy 88 died, so I'm going to round the 88 to 50 dead.  Add to that Vernita, O-Ren, Go-Go, Buck, the Trucker, Boss Tanaka, the Groom, the Organ Player, The Best Man, The Bride's Maid, the Priest, the dude who killed O-Ren's parents, his four guards, O-Ren's family, and you come up with approximately 68.

And back onto this long dead topic that I just found by accident, it's obvious that the Bride would physically kick thecrap out of Jackie Brown.

But as far as stronger females go, Jackie wins hands down.

When not on her vengeance quest, the Bride is just a regular woman.  And when she is on her quest, she loses all of her femininity and becmoes a mchine.

Jackie, to put it simply, is nobody's bitch.  She is strong, secure, and 100% badass woman, hear her roar.  But she can show compassion, one of the many traits women posess that men as a general public do not.

Just my thought.  Sorry for ressurecting this topic.

Kyrus
Kiddo

Post by Kyrus » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:56 am

So were there officially 88 Crazy 88s in Kill Bill?
There were not 88 in the Crazy 88, This is a convo between Bill and Budd from vol.2.
Budd: You tryin to tel me, she cut her way through eighty-eight bodyguards 'fore she got to O-ren?
Bill: No. There wasn't really eighty-eight of them, they just call themselves The Crazy 88.
Budd:How come?
Bill: I Dunno, I guess they thought it sounded cool.

So there you have it, proof that there weren't 88 of them, but it would have been damn close to 88

the_doom

Post by the_doom » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:12 am

There were not 88 in the Crazy 88, This is a convo between Bill and Budd from vol.2.
Budd: You tryin to tel me, she cut her way through eighty-eight bodyguards 'fore she got to O-ren?
Bill: No. There wasn't really eighty-eight of them, they just call themselves The Crazy 88.
Budd:How come?
Bill: I Dunno, I guess they thought it sounded cool.

So there you have it, proof that there weren't 88 of them, but it would have been damn close to 88
This is not proof that there weren't 88 bodyguards. The joke, which you apparently didn't "get", is the fact that Bill cannot believe that the Bride cut through 88 bodyguards. It shows that he underestimates the Bride's strength.

Mr.Transluscent

Post by Mr.Transluscent » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:02 am

This is not proof that there weren't 88 bodyguards. The joke, which you apparently didn't "get", is the fact that Bill cannot believe that the Bride cut through 88 bodyguards. It shows that he underestimates the Bride's strength.
I disagree.  If he underestimated her then he wouldn't have told Budd she was so dangerous.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:48 pm

I think it was quite evident there weren't really 88 fighters. I'd say there were about 30 or 40.

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:27 am

i think there really was 88 of them. the convo between Budd and Bill means nothing to the amount there are. its just some funny dialouge. how would bill seriously know? he wasnt there. and he obviously didnt set it up since he doesnt know why they came up with the name. so my guess is that there really was 88 of them
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

Mr.Transluscent

Post by Mr.Transluscent » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:11 am

I think it was quite evident there weren't really 88 fighters. I'd say there were about 30 or 40.
The liner notes on the DVD say about 36.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:52 am

The liner notes on the DVD say about 36.

That duly proves I'm right about everything.  ::)

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:09 am

The Bride would chop up Jackie's arse like fuckin' celery!!

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:25 am

word