The Bride vs. Jackie Brown

Well for starters Jackie Brown isn’t quentin’s character it’s Elmore Leonard’s, and u cant really compare the two they both exist in 2 different worlds…

[quote]Well for starters  Jackie Brown isn’t  quentin’s character it’s Elmore Leonard’s, and u cant really compare the two they both exist in 2 different worlds… [/quote]

HE’S DONE IT AGAIN!!

CHANGE YOUR NAME TO ^SmArT DuDe^

[quote] :o wow, dude, you’re worse than my younger brother . . . just answer the fuckin quesiton if you’re can, despite a few minor details[/quote]

Hey little kid, chil out. By saying that THE DUDE was smart is indicating I agree with him. This topic is so lame.

Shut the fuck up guys, chill out! :slight_smile:

This topic ain’t that lame…

I’d say Jackie Brown would win, because a fucking pistol beats a stupid little sword anyday, but in terms of hand-to-hand or sword-sword, the Bride would rape Jackie hands down. Jackie’s thick ass would be sliced fuckin’ clean off.

Hey Beaumont, it’s yo’ benefactor, nigga!! Love sayin that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jackie Brown is hands down the best female character Tarantino has ever featured in one of his movies. Even if she’s not “pure” QT, she’s still the best - tough (though perhaps not physically), intelligent, sexy, vulnerable, and the list goes on.

The Bride is the most kick ass and bad ass out of all the female characters he’s written so far, but far from well rounded or deep.

Oh, my bad. I thought this topic was about if Jackie and the Bride were in a fight, who would win. That’s what I get for skimming the topic! :-[

Well, then yes, I’d say Jackie’s the better woman. Jackie Brown as a movie, is one of the best character study films there is. Now this is a little early to compare her to the Bride, because we haven’t even seen Volume 2, especially because Volume 2 is the half with the most character development.

The Bride could cut the bullets in half.

[quote]

Hey little kid, chil out. By saying that THE DUDE was smart is indicating I agree with him. This topic is so lame.[/quote]
Shut the fuck up! You are a fucking child! You have made SO MANY LAMER POSTS THAN THIS!!! How could you call him a child? He can vote and you can’t even fucking drive.

the Bride would tear Brown apart. She is an expert in knives and guns, but i might be wrong. We only saw her sword fight but i would think she would be an expert in all fields of KILLING. No contest if the bride can kill over 88 people in one fight then there’s no contest

Black Mama vs. White Mama

So were there officially 88 Crazy 88s in Kill Bill?

What the fuck was the kill coutn in Kill Bill BTW…anyone count?

AS for this topic…Jackie Brown doesn’t even kill any motherfuckers in Jakie Brown. She may have some bad ass dialogue (WAAAAY MORE BADASS THAN THE BRIDE’s) but The Bride killed a whole lot of motherfuckers…and she even killed 2 people while being an invalid! That tells ya something.

Well you can’t exactly say that, Kentucky. Kill Bill is hilariously exaggerated and unrealistic, Jackie Brown is a mature character study, where there’s only like three or so deaths. If you stuck Jackie in a hyper-unrealistic kill-fest like Kill Bill I’m sure she could hold her own. Keep that in mind.

I think Pam Grier could’ve done a better job as Vernita Green…then again she’s old…and it wouldn’t fit.

but anyone else think that if Pam was like 35 she’d be an awesome Vernita Green?

And yeah, Jackie could probably kick some ass in the Kill Bill universe.

I was thinkin that too! Pam Grier might not fight as well as Vivica would, but I sure know Grier can spit out that dialogue at lot better. I’d like to hear her say “I should’ve been motherfuckin black mamba…”

[quote]
Shut the fuck up! You are a fucking child! You have made SO MANY LAMER POSTS THAN THIS!!! How could you call him a child? He can vote and you can’t even fucking drive.[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? I own a 1970 Chevy Chevelle in near-mint contition. Blue with white racing stripes.

Pimped the damn thing ouuut.

PULP DEVIL

[quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? I own a 1970 Chevy Chevelle in near-mint contition. Blue with white racing stripes.

Pimped the damn thing ouuut.

[/quote]

He was calling you immature, you moron. I’m tellin you, just in case you didn’t catch that.

[quote]

He was calling you immature, you moron. I’m tellin you, just in case you didn’t catch that.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up

I would have nerver got that

:stuck_out_tongue:

PULP DEVIL

Lol…they both the shit…In a fight? Bride will kick JB’s ass,no doubt 'bout that…

[quote]I’d say Jackie Brown would win, because a fucking pistol beats a stupid little sword[/quote]

^ Huh?? Nah don’t think so…Swords are supreme weapons.If the bride can kill a hundred swordfighter on her own…obviously she could wack a girl with a stupid pistol…

The Bride is a master assassin, how the funk could Jackie Brown kill her?

The Bride not only could take out Jackie, she could take out Coffy AND Foxy Brown, no doubt about it.

Thats the whole point of her character, shes the queen of all the Grindhouse killer babes.

Funny how at the top of the topic, Res Dude calls you a little kid when your actually older then him.

thats a hard one i would have to say the bride because if she can kill about 100 crazy 88’s i think she could take down one jackie brown though jackie does have a gun we never knoqw if the bride has some more suprises like the knife she kills copperhead with i mean man