Sin City - QT related stuff here only

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
Movie_Villain
Real McCoy

Re: QT to direct a story in the upcoming Sin City?

Post by Movie_Villain » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:33 am

hey where do you live? i live about an hour away from austin too. maybe less. but yeah that is how rodriguez shoots. he shoots hella fast

and i overheard someone the other day when i was in austin, he was talking about the movie and talking about this one scene, though i couldnt hear waht about :-/
SA for the first question..

and that is great that Rodriguez shoots fast..I wonder when QT is going to get involved with the project, and if he's going to fit it around all the upcoming things he's also doing, like all the Vol. 2 stuff (promoting, overseas stuff), the Cannes gig, Inglorious Bastards (hopefully)...hes unstoppable!
"Hunger! Empty bellies! THAT'S the sense it makes ya blanket head!" - John Wayne in the Searchers

CurbYourEnthusiasm

Post by CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:38 pm

I really hope Rodriguez takes his time and does SC correctly. Going at a high rate of speed and using only the first take isn't what SC needs, it needs TLC

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:14 am

who said he uses the first take? he just doesnt waste time thats all.
Last edited by stuck in the middle on Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu May 20, 2004 5:01 pm

some pics from that project:

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4338

QT still not 100% on this project:

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4345

GODFATHER

Sin City

Post by GODFATHER » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:58 pm

i wanted to tell you all fans that quentin will direct a 5 min piece in the upcoming Robert Rodriguez film SIN CITY:
check http://www.sincityfan.tk for more on the film

clown
Hard Drinker

Re: Sin City - QT related stuff here only

Post by clown » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:17 pm

thats old news, buddy

GODFATHER

Post by GODFATHER » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:49 pm

clown wrote: thats old news, buddy
and hello to u 2

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:41 pm

welcome to the board, but its really old news :-)

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:11 pm

what do we exactly know about the scene that QT has directed ?
1. It is the final scene of the movie ; 2. It is a scene from "the big fat kill" with benicio del toro.
Yes, but wich scene with benicio ? the one where dwight (played by clive owen) is at shellie's (played by brittany murphy) place and put the head of jack rafferty (also played by benicio del toro) in the toilettes ; or the one where jack rafferty is killed by Miho (played devon aoki) ?

GODFATHER

Post by GODFATHER » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:41 am

cyber-lili wrote: what do we exactly know about the scene that QT has directed ?
1. It is the final scene of the movie ; 2. It is a scene from "the big fat kill" with benicio del toro.
Yes, but wich scene with benicio ? the one where dwight (played by clive owen) is at shellie's (played by brittany murphy) place and put the head of jack rafferty (also played by benicio del toro) in the toilettes ; or the one where jack rafferty is killed by Miho (played devon aoki) ?
i know its gonna be in "the big fat kill" part, dont know exactly what part

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:08 am

I suppose if it is the final scene that it is the scene where benicio del toro get killed by miho. If the supposition is right, I don't think very cool to give him this scene because it sounds too much like "kill bill" : Miho with a sword who kill people with a lot of blood... what do you think ?
It's funny because I've seen the trailer of "sin city" and in the first scene with benicio del toro (the one where dwight is at shellie's place), dwight (Clive Owen) put him the head in the toilets. And this shot is just like the shot in "kill bill vol2" where The Bride put Elle's head in the toilets too. Maybe it's a clue to show us that it's the scene QT has directed (if it is, this scene has nothing very extraordinary, in the comic at least), but I don't remember if it is just like in the comic...

GODFATHER

Post by GODFATHER » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:39 pm

cyber-lili wrote: I suppose if it is the final scene that it is the scene where benicio del toro get killed by miho. If the supposition is right, I don't think very cool to give him this scene because it sounds too much like "kill bill" : Miho with a sword who kill people with a lot of blood... what do you think ?
It's funny because I've seen the trailer of "sin city" and in the first scene with benicio del toro (the one where dwight is at shellie's place), dwight (Clive Owen) put him the head in the toilets. And this shot is just like the shot in "kill bill vol2" where The Bride put Elle's head in the toilets too. Maybe it's a clue to show us that it's the scene QT has directed (if it is, this scene has nothing very extraordinary, in the comic at least), but I don't remember if it is just like in the comic...
you bring up a good point...

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:35 pm

GODFATHER wrote: you bring up a good point...
yep' thanks... when someone has another details about the scene, advice me "boys and girls" !  ;)
I wait so much to see the movie !

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:22 pm

I don't know yet how but I think in watching the film we will recognize the scene directed by Quentin Tarantino.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:58 pm

Marilyn wrote: I don't know yet how but I think in watching the film we will recognize the scene directed by Quentin Tarantino.
yes, I think too, that we will all recognize the style of Qt... I'm just a little bit too much curious... ::)

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:01 pm

does anyone know (exactly if you can) when the movie will be released ? especially in France ?
Wasn't it in april or something else... but for the USA of course... not for us poor little french...

MiaWallace

Post by MiaWallace » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:08 pm

Yahoo:

Le film sortira aux USA sous la bannière Dimension Films le 01 avril 2005. La sortie française n'est pas encore determinée.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:11 pm

MiaWallace wrote: Yahoo:

Le film sortira aux USA sous la bannière Dimension Films le 01 avril 2005. La sortie française n'est pas encore determinée.
*merci* MiaWallace... (je continue en anglais pour que tout le monde en profite) so we must wait for a few month, the movie will be perhaps released in summer...

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:25 pm

i dont know if yall know but s'pecial guest director' means hes going to do jack shit and you wont even notice that he took part of it

i dont get what all the fuzz is about

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:35 pm

5 mns piece first said.  You mean he influenced the whole film?

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:53 pm

Marilyn wrote: 5 mns piece first said.  You mean he influenced the whole film?
the opposite. he might really just've directed some minutes to "try out the cameras" and stuff.

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:10 pm

O.K. the film is from Roberto Rodriguez and there's few minutes directed by him. Looks like it will be a very great film.

Nice Guy Eddie

Post by Nice Guy Eddie » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:38 pm

Whatever he contributes,  I'm sure it will be something kick ass with the usual QT trademark shit. Not to take away from RR but he'll do just as good a job! Cool of him let Quentin add some of his own flavor to the film.

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:49 pm

Basically, i think, RR + QT + Camera = kick ass movie
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

mushroomcloud
Kiddo

Post by mushroomcloud » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:28 pm

well.. here's the trailer if you guys haven't seen it yet....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city.html

Looks great!

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:33 pm

Nice Guy Eddie wrote: Whatever he contributes,  I'm sure it will be something kick ass with the usual QT trademark shit. Not to take away from RR but he'll do just as good a job! Cool of him let Quentin add some of his own flavor to the film.
how do you know its a "piece" or a "scene" or something you can recognise? maybe he just tried out some stuff here and there, maybe after the movie is edited not even Rodriguez remembers what QT did.
:-) who knows

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:04 am

cyber-lili wrote: not for us poor little french...
we're little since Napoleon wars but we're in many aspects big like to cause bloody hell, to moan, to fart around, to do nasties etc... etc...

OK, no time to wonder questions about some tiny stuff not noticeable when very busy to watch the movie.

morton downey

Post by morton downey » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:02 am

well.. here's the trailer if you guys haven't seen it yet....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city.html

Looks great!

--------------
I have to agree--this trailer is the best I've seen all year. Now lets see if it lives up to how cool it looks. I hope so. This year, so far, has sucked. With movies anyway.

SteveZissou

Post by SteveZissou » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:38 am

Miho really fucks Jackie Boy up. How robert got away with an "R" rating for that film is beyond me. Perhaps because the film is in black and white. The Crazy 88 fight was brutal, but Jackie boy's death is like, "MOOEY PAI"!!!!

Usurper
Real McCoy

Post by Usurper » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:15 am

You guys seen this new SIN CITY trailer? http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/u ... _02_dl.mov

Looks fucking awesome. One thing in the trailer that made me cream my pants in delight was seeing "SPECIAL GUEST DIRECTOR - QUENTIN TARANTINO". Cool!  8)
"Then they threw an army at him, and he threw it back... a piece at a time!" - Lone Wolf & Cub