Destiny Turns On The Radio

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
Vince_effing_Vega

Destiny Turns On The Radio

Post by Vince_effing_Vega » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:53 am

i cant find this movie at video stores but if i hear from some ppl who have seen it and they liked it then i'll just order it off the internet....so has anyone ever seen it?

Bullet

Re: Destiny Turns On The Radio

Post by Bullet » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:10 am

That movie is a complete and utter failure. It's terrible. Don't get it.

Vince_effing_Vega

Post by Vince_effing_Vega » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:26 am

ok, i still want to see it though unless tarantino himself even sucks in this or just has a small part in the movie

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:29 am

Hes in basically the whole movie. But I didn't find him too convincing. Hes good for the first 10 minutes then he starts acting almost differently and it gets rather boring and stupid.

Vince_effing_Vega

Post by Vince_effing_Vega » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:13 am

welp, then i have to see this movie since he plays in the whole movie, i for one love his acting and i prolly would like this movie in other words

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:15 pm

http://www.tarantino.info/movie/destiny ... eradio.htm

there's also a link where you can just buy it!

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:38 pm

One of the worst movies Ive ever seen.

Vince_effing_Vega

Post by Vince_effing_Vega » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:07 am

thats surprising as hell.....tarantino plays in most the movie and the movie sucks, no comedy or anything?

Titty_Twister

Post by Titty_Twister » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:42 pm

Hello folks, I'm new here! Great place!

I saw this one and wasn't too impressed, but maybe I have to see it one more time...

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:10 am

This movie was pretty stupid, and Tarantino wasn't in it for very much of the movie. He has like what, 10 lines? Of course, you do get to see him shirtless, which is a definate plus.  :D

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:46 pm

I think

It is nothing special, in fact it is far from special. The music that plays near the beginning is great and Tarantino is really cool in this movie (though not terrific). Although he has the title role, he hardly appears in the movie. His appearances reminded me of those of Tyler Durden's during the earlier stages in Fight Club, though they are not of the same callibre.

I watched this film knowing it was going to be shit and thus I wasn't too dissapointed. But I do know many of you will hate this film.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:05 pm

what a boring film actually. I only watched half of it. its really not worth watching at all.

savage_henry
Hard Drinker

Post by savage_henry » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:13 pm

who directed it? coz i remember reading that the script was a big hit for years down video archives which is why QT was excited to do it so its a shame they couldnt pull it off. cant remember if i liked the story even, though i did watch it all the way through i think so cant be THAT bad.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Sun May 27, 2007 4:26 am

savage_henry wrote: who directed it? coz i remember reading that the script was a big hit for years down video archives which is why QT was excited to do it so its a shame they couldnt pull it off. cant remember if i liked the story even, though i did watch it all the way through i think so cant be THAT bad.
directed by Jack Baran

Writers-Robert Ramsey (written by) &
Matthew Stone (written by)

never seen this movie but i have seen the clip where he is talking about top gun and thought it was pretty funny.

savage_henry
Hard Drinker

Post by savage_henry » Mon May 28, 2007 11:18 pm

the QT 'top gun' thing - where hes talking about the gay undertones ? - is from 'sleep with me', not 'destiny', QT just kinda mumbles a lot in destiny he's this mystical kind of figure, thats one of the disappointing things about the movie, he isnt playing himself like he usually does! the only time ive seen QT properly act was as seth in dusk til dawn, which was brilliant

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Tue May 29, 2007 2:19 am

savage_henry wrote: the QT 'top gun' thing - where hes talking about the gay undertones ? - is from 'sleep with me', not 'destiny', QT just kinda mumbles a lot in destiny he's this mystical kind of figure, thats one of the disappointing things about the movie, he isnt playing himself like he usually does! the only time ive seen QT properly act was as seth in dusk til dawn, which was brilliant
Oo thats from a differant film but that top gun convo. is classic.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:43 pm

I just picked this up on VHS.  I'll watch it tonight as the VCR is in my bedroom, and I can't be arsed to go in there until bedtime. 

If I think it's alright, I'll order it on DVD.  But the only DVD I've found to order is a region 4 import and it's $22.99.  So, QT better at least look super hot in it or something.  Otherwise, no way.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:26 am

OMG!  What a shite movie.  I'm buying it on DVD anyway though.  QT's 1995 naked chest is so worth it.  What perfect chest hair.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:06 am

Plus QT's bare feet are in it...

Am I the only person here that has this movie?

blue_lou_boyle
Basterd

Post by blue_lou_boyle » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:01 am

Saw about an hour of this then couldn't bare it anymore its really really bad.

Destiny turns on the Radio - I Turn off the TV! (Oh My I'm fire today!)

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:55 am

blue_lou_boyle wrote: Saw about an hour of this then couldn't bare it anymore its really really bad.

Destiny turns on the Radio - I Turn off the TV! (Oh My I'm fire today!)
LOL!  Yeah, it's really bad.  I skip to the QT.  It really is quite bad though, I'm not dilluding it.