HELL RIDE

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
shubbard04

HELL RIDE

Post by shubbard04 » Mon May 17, 2004 7:33 pm

Bad news.  Tarantino might star with Michael Madson in a biker movie.  Here are the details:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4751
Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Re: New Biker movie

Post by Sebastian » Mon May 17, 2004 8:31 pm

Bad news.  Tarantino might star with Michael Madson in a biker movie.  Here are the details:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4751
why is that bad news?????

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4315

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Mon May 17, 2004 9:25 pm

What cool news, Madsen needs some decent roles and would be interesting to watch QT pursue his acting abilities.   8)

Water_Based

Post by Water_Based » Mon May 17, 2004 10:13 pm

Shit, I hope Tarantino isn't one of the main characters...cause he really can't act very well. If he was a small cameo that'd be cool though.
Last edited by Water_Based on Mon May 17, 2004 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Tue May 18, 2004 12:02 am

The only time Tarantino's done a decent acting job in a movie was the beginning of Reservoir Dogs because he was just being his normal self.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue May 18, 2004 1:10 am

No, actually it was in Desperado because they wasnt much acting needed there! In the opening scene of reservoir Dogs, Tarantino laughs so much at one particular joke which i cant remember (I think it the "What's special? taking you out the back, sucking your dick? bit) he just over-laughs and totally nearly spoils the scene!!

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Tue May 18, 2004 7:01 am

That joke he said in Desperado sucked

Puck

Post by Puck » Tue May 18, 2004 7:32 am

I thought his opening in Reservoir Dogs was perfect.  He was just playing himself, and the over laugh seemed somewhat appropriate, even if it was unintentional (I'm not convinced it was) seeing as how they were all pretty strung up, and were drinking coffee of all things.

His other acting bits, on the other hand, are a different story.  Anyway, yet ANOTHER Michael Madsen B movie.  This one has "masterpiece" written all over it.   ::)

HellHound

Post by HellHound » Tue May 18, 2004 12:35 pm

he should play the owner of a bar or resteraunt that bikers take over, madsen should push him around and shit

shubbard04

Post by shubbard04 » Tue May 18, 2004 7:10 pm

No, this is bad.  I don't want him to act in some B level biker movie.  I want him to write and direct either the new Bond film or his Inglorious Bastards movie.  Come on!  

Get a grip, QT!

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Wed May 19, 2004 1:02 am

Tarantino's acting in Pulp fiction was pretty decent as well as in dusk till dawn, not bad for a part time job...  ;)

On TRL at Cannes, Madsen and Carradine stated they might be working together on an upcoming project too  ;D

Mr.Transluscent

Post by Mr.Transluscent » Wed May 19, 2004 6:29 am

This reminds me of a pattern we saw after Pulp; newly famous QT does an assload of cameos, and then...DISAPPEARS FOR WAY TOO LONG.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Wed May 19, 2004 6:44 am

I could almost stand any acting job that Tarantino's done, except for his role in FDTD. QT tries to be serious in that movie and it just doesn't work. It's like me trying to be serious. It's possible but it's also pretty awkward

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Wed May 19, 2004 1:26 pm

I could almost stand any acting job that Tarantino's done, except for his role in FDTD. QT tries to be serious in that movie and it just doesn't work. It's like me trying to be serious. It's possible but it's also pretty awkward
i kinda agree. in FDTD he didnt convince me neither, it wasn't professional. you could always see how his expressions were artificial and all.... but he tried, and thats fine. he played the psycho :-)

Man_from_Okinawa

Post by Man_from_Okinawa » Wed May 19, 2004 5:23 pm

GREAT NEWS! Madsen, Bishop and Tarantino in one exploitative Biker movie! FUCKIN GREAT! I'm looking forward to that, hope its classic, cool and bloody (and with some cool music in it!).

O-RenIshii

Post by O-RenIshii » Sat May 29, 2004 3:56 am

I actually think QT is a pretty good actor - but i think cameo roles suit him more, i think he's more interested in developing a story, than actually being a story now..-if that makes any sense lol

i LOVED his cameo as jimmie in Pulp! I was laughing so much, "Did you notice a sign saying dead nigger storage!?" hehe

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat May 29, 2004 12:57 pm

I personally can't wait for Hell Ride. sounds fun

more about larry bishop:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0084114/

Mr._Toothpick

Post by Mr._Toothpick » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:27 am

I can't wait for it either. I actually want to see QT as a starring role, I mean I haven't really seen him act since FDTD. Plus I would love to see Madsen and QT actually have a couple of conversasions in a movie together. This movie would be cool if it had the same kind of feel of FDTD but with cooler music( even cooler than in FDTD ).

The_Good

Post by The_Good » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:26 pm

Hmm...

Reading the title of this topic sparked the thought in my mind of Tarantino writing a late '60s drive-thru biker flick reminiscent of Al Adamson's dubbed-Citizen Kane of the biker movies, "Satan's Sadists".  I actually own it on DVD and needless to say, random Nazi biker rape, chain swinging fist fights and pillaging is pretty unintentionally hysterical.

Oh, well.  Anyone else seen it?

And, oh; hello, there.  I'm new around these parts.  ;)

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:19 pm

It's called Hell Ride....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411475/

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

The_Good

Post by The_Good » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:32 am

I don't know if that was in reply to me or not, but I'm aware of the title of the movie.  I'm saying that it sounds reminiscent of Satan's Sadists.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:37 pm

I don't know if that was in reply to me or not, but I'm aware of the title of the movie.  I'm saying that it sounds reminiscent of Satan's Sadists.
No I wasn't replying to you i was just saying, you know in general, seen as the name hasn't been mentioned yet!!!
Last edited by Ify on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:39 pm

Starkey
Real McCoy

Post by Starkey » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:55 pm

why is that bad news?????

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4315
yeah, no kidding. This could be great, and if it's anything like fDtD, then we can pretty much guarantee tarantino taking at least some small part in the actuall directing of the film. I'm saying, cool, Rock on QT.
NEW DRHOMEALONE BANNER!!!

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Re: HELL RIDE

Post by Seth_Gecko » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:09 pm

This movie is gonna rock!
after watching torque last year, I thought...this could have been a fucking awesome movie, but isnt....now QT is gonna do an awesome job!
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:43 pm

This movie is gonna rock!
after watching torque last year, I thought...this could have been a fucking awesome movie, but isnt....now QT is gonna do an awesome job!
WHAT THE HELL?
torque? what the hell are you comparing torque? it's a fucking bullshit mtv fast-n-furious-with-bikes film, it has NOTHING to do with Hell Ride

Puck

Post by Puck » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:46 pm

WHAT THE HELL?
torque? what the hell are you comparing torque? it's a fucking bullshit mtv fast-n-furious-with-bikes film, it has NOTHING to do with Hell Ride
Hahahaha.

I could literally see your brain shutting down and attempting to reboot after the stupidity of the Torque comment you were replying to.  Thats absolutely hilarious.
Last edited by Puck on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:27 pm

I was not comparing hell ride to torque...wtf?

I just said that after seeing torque I hated it and thought that a biker movie would have potential as being a great movie thats all....wtf...

Just was saying that after watching that crap called torque, I even more want to see a good biker movie...wtf...
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

HellHound

Post by HellHound » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:08 pm

can't believe you even saw torque

i could smell that movie from a mile away

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:15 pm

yeah, I know....the movie is a real piece of shit and exactly something that has more special effects than that its a good movie...still was better than matrix 2 and 3...

I just wanted so see a biker movie...hoped to get a few scenes where the bikes are used good...or are a reference to game of death...but all I got was a britney speers video...with bikes going to fast and not so furious...

but really all I said was that I think a bikermovie has lotsa "coolcinema" potential...and would be a great alternative to all the crap thats in cinema now...and as an example torque...